baekhyun ¦ chanyeol

no tomorrow ¦ { baekhyun-centric }

baekhyun stands there, mouth agape and eyes shaking in fear. where the hell is he? eleven tanks are lined up in a row across the room, each containing a body with tubes attached to them and a gas mask like thing covering their mouths.

 

“w-what,” baekhyun starts and covers his mouth when he sees his boyfriend in one of them. he rushes to it and pounds on the glass separating them. “chanyeol! wake up!”

 

“there is no use, baekhyun. even if he wakes up, he won’t remember who you are,” a deep velvety voice sounds behind baekhyun and the latter whimpers in fear.

 

“what are you going to do with him?” baekhyun whispers, hands curling into tight fists.

 

“what i’m going to do with the rest of them,” the man replies easily and takes a step closer to baekhyun. “what i have wanted to do ever since this whole operation started. we don’t need people like you guys in this world, baekhyun. you guys are genetically altered freaks who are able to do the impossible, humans turned into weapons by the government, you guys just aren’t safe. my duty is to get rid of all of you.”

 

“but we haven’t killed a soul! we haven’t done anything bad. there is no reason for you to get rid of us, yongguk! you are the same thing as us! you were genetically altered to make you a weapon. why are you doing this to us?” baekhyun shouts and he feels his eyes turning colours.

 

“those eyes, those red eyes are what makes us different, baekhyun. you’re able to feel emotions and emotions are dangerous. they make you irrational and logic appears to slip out of your grasp once you allow emotions to take over your mind, body and soul. that is what makes you more of a threat to society than we are,” yongguk explains calmly and baekhyun feels like throwing up.

 

“i’ve let you lived too long baekhyun. it’s time for you to die,” yongguk says and raises his hand up. a bright blue light glows at the center of his palm and baekhyun closes his eyes, preparing himself for the pain.

 

the next time he opens his eyes, he feels chanyeol’s familiar arms wrapped around his waist. “i love you baekhyun,” he whispers with his deep, soothing voice.

 

baekhyun closes his eyes to relish in the warm but when he opens his eyes again, he is surrounded by water and chanyeol is just a few meters away, in the same tank baekhyun had seen him in not too long ago.

 

tears start to well up in his eyes and baekhyun curses the world for making them who they are. he’d be willing to sacrifice the world to save his eleven brothers.

 

“goodbye, chanyeol. i’m sorry.”

 


` xiaotingting- this was also posted on lj! :)