Final

Tasting Songs

He watched her intently as her small frame moved left and right slowly, matching the soothing calmth the background music provided the listener with.

 

Her tongue her lower lip discretely, as she proceeded to mouth the words of the song. It was as if she was tasting the music with her tongue. It's soft guitar as an exotic spice, the slightly raspy vocals as a solid base, the occasional piano keys that were played, adding sugar to it; it was as if she was tasting them all, just by letting her tongue slip slightly out of .

 

He had noticed her do that before. He had noticed her habit of sticking her tongue out, and closing her eyes, whenever there was music to listen to, didn't matter who's or what genre, didn't matter where or what language, she would do all the same, and form a solid opinion about the song.

 

Not that she ever shared it with anyone.

 

See, she had explained this to him before. Opinions. 

 

''My opinion'', she had said, while they were enjoying a stroll through the snow, hand in hand, as if they were afraid to loose each other. 

 

''So you see, my opinion.. is something I honestly do not want to share with anyone. I know it sounds strange. It does, right?'' 

 

He hummed softly, wondering where the conversation was heading. It was always like that with her; one moment they would be talking about the weather, the other they would be naming physical properties of common solvents.

 

''It just.. I feel like an opinion should be formed to develop oneself. In the end, what you think about certain things and how you.. like.. feel about them, in the end those things help a human to develop. Like, what I think about throwing trash on the ground. It helps me to either develop into a nature-friendly human, or someone who just.. doesn't care and ruins the earth.. Am I even making sense right now?''

 

He softly chuckled, moving his head her way, looking at the ground. ''Not really no, but I understand what you mean and where you're coming from. It's true though, sometimes it's really better to, rather than speaking up, not say anything. Sometimes it just causes unnecessary trouble. Sometimes it's really not of anyone's business. As long as you know, I guess..''

 

Appearing before him, she made him loose his train of thoughts. Her presence forced him to turn all his attention towards her.

 

She was the center of his earth.

 

''We should buy this CD, Jiyong! This guy has a really nice voice. You should quit smoking and release a vocal CD, you know, without all the hip hop. I'd totally buy it'', she said, examining the CD in her hand. He gently took it away from her hands to look at it too.

 

''Is this the song you were listening to earlier? You seemed to like it. And you're really in no position to tell me to quit smoking, human chimney'', he chuckled.

 

She scoffed and lightly pouted, pretending to feel upset with what his said. Taking her off guard, Jiyong placed a kiss on her pouty lips, in the middle of the record shop. She felt her cheeks turn bright red. With her eyes on the ground, she snatched the CD out of his hands and almost ran to the counter to pay for it. He quickly made his way there, handing the money before she could ever reach for her wallet. Taking the plastic bag from the cashier's hands, he slowly made his way out of the shop, followed by her.

 

''Don't kiss me like that in public. You're still G-DRAGON, and I'm still a plain, normal citizen.''

 

He stopped walking, causing her to bump into her. 

 

''Ouch! What was that for?'', she half-yelled, rubbing her nose.

 

He took her hands away from her face, forcing her to look up to him. Cheeks turning crimson red, a red only he could produce, she felt her heart throb faster, a pace that matched his like a song.

 

''You're not plain. Or normal. You're perfect, and you're beautiful, and you're special, and you're talented, and above all, you're mine'', he said in between kisses on her face.

 

''He's still a better singer than you though. You need to get a bit cooler Jiyong, someone as special as me has to be seen with someone who's a bit more special than you are'', she jokingly said.

 

''I'm returning the CD'', he said, walking back to the shop.

 

 

 

 

''JIYONG!''