Unexpected

Rivals or Team mates?

Hi Am back! Kekeke~ it’s my second time to do an author’s note and I want to thank those who are reading this! Sorry for my wrong grammar…

 

Sungjong was tapping his ball pen on his desk, waiting for the bell to ring. It has been a long day for him, L and his kingka ‘friends’ kept on bullying him almost all day. He doesn’t know why L is a jerk while his bestfriend Sungyeol is such a nice person. The choding was even nice enough of lead Sungjong to his locker, when he looked like he was lost, because the school was so huge.

Now it’s his last period and it was math I, one of his worst subjects, to make it even more troublesome Myungsoo was also there*. The kingka had his head on his desk appearing that he was sleeping. Sungjong wished it was his friends with him than L, even Sungyeol was better but he’s not there. He decided not to think about it, then he plopped a lemon candy into his mouth. Rather than listen to the teacher he was busy writing songs, for his hyungs. He loved to write songs out of the blue and Woohyun loves to sing while Dongwoo loves to rap. The songs often come from his mind though he never fell in love, ever. It was in a black notebook that his parents gave him when they moved out. He was writing the first part of the song he thought about, he didn’t even know why he wrote it that way.

Nal china-ga

Keu nunbit mot bonkeollo hal-ke, an bonkeollo hal-ke Nal moreun-cheo-khaejwo
Heunteu-llineun nae mam muneojigi jeone

Han beoni, du beoni, se beoni dwaeh beorin uyeon ije, neon un-myeonggata
Majimag han beon deo, du beon deo, se beon jakku bogoshipeo

Nae-gen dul moduga sojung-hande neowah ne gyeote saramdo
Waeh hapil ni-ga jeonbu kajinkeoni wonhae-on modeun geo-seul da

Neoreul bomyeon nun-mu-ri na neol kajji mothae, kajko shipeo
Oh~ neoreul bomyeon mami apa can never be mine, mine, mine, mine

Kkumso-geseo nan neoreurankoseo
Sarang-handaneun heoteun ma-reul hae

(Pass me by, I’ll pretend not to have seen those eyes
I’ll just say that I didn’t see you
Please just ignore me
before my shaking heart collapses

This coincidence happened once, twice, three times
Now it feels like you are destiny
For the last time, just once, twice, three more times, I keep missing you

Both of you are so precious to me, you and the person next to you
But why is it you who happened to take everything?
Everything that I ever wanted

Tears fall when I see you- I can’t have you but I want you
Oh, my heart hurts when I see you
Can never be mine, mine, mine, mine

In my dreams, I am holding you
and I am saying these nonsense words, I love you)

 

“Mr. Lee Sungjong, were you listening?” The teacher interrupted his thoughts; she was looking directly at him with a chalk at hand. “yes Ma’am” He over-lapped the math notebook he kept under the black one, to make it appear he was copying notes. When the teacher turned to the blackboard again, Sungjong pouted at the teacher, why didn’t she wake up L. He’s sleeping for the past thirty minutes, why he wasn’t caught yet. “Mr. Kim Myungsoo would you care to answer this?” She tapped the board then Myungsoo boredly looked at the board. ‘Finally!’ Sungjong thought and smirked at himself that his wish finally granted. “3x-4y”

The bell rang indicating that classes are dismissed, everyone picked up their bags and exited the classroom, and Sungjong was left behind with Myungsoo alone in the room. His mouth was open and eyes with disbelief, Myungsoo noticed the expression the other have. He waved a palm over in front of the other until he succeeded to snap him out of his thoughts when the feminine boy shook his head. Unaware that he changed his personality from L to Myungsoo. “Finally” with that he walked of the room leaving Sungjong behind. “Hey Myung! Want to ride with us again or do you rather walk?” Sungyeol slung an arm to Myungsoo’s shoulder Hoya and Sunggyu following. “You guys go on ahead I’ll do something” Myungsoo gave a smirk to his friends.

“Just don’t go to any clubs or go with those Kingka posers that you think are friends.” Hoya gave a disgusted look on his face, he had never liked those posers, he thinks that they’re not good enough to be kingkas but why would he care as if they could reach his standards.

When the hyung left, Myungsoo saw his ‘friends’ at the gate, just hanging out, he didn’t like some of them. Yeah he hangs out with them during school but he doesn’t like, the ones who are like an , being with them outside school. Some of them are backstabbers who just want dirt from other people. That’s the reason why he’s such an ice prince outside, so he will be in the safe side. “Hey Myung we’re going to have a little fun at town a bit you should come with us” one of them said. Myungsoo is a little disgusted on how the other talks he is a little green in the mind, but that doesn’t mean he wants to. “oh, sorry I have to do something, so I wont be coming…” he started to walk away from them when he stopped his tracks and turned to them, “are Chunji, Cnu, Donghyun, and Jongup going?”

“Heh are you kidding L? Of course not we only let them hang out with us because you want to and they’re good looking too”

“Yeah good for queenkas magnet” one of them said. Myungsoo turned around again and smiled, he didn’t want his good kingka friends fall into the bad kingka list. He had always liked Chunji, despite his very flirty charm, and playboy reputation that guy always acts like a kid and has a soft side to his friends. Cnu is the one who always acts calm and mature not to mention always smart. Donghyun always liked to tease his twin dorm mates. Jongup will do anything to make everyone around him happy, especially the ones close to him. So why would Myungsoo hang out to some posers if he could hang out with cooler, not to mention more talented, friends.

Myungsoo pulled out his black scarf from his bag and wrapped it around his neck. It was very cold in the afternoon, just the way he likes it. He wasn’t kidding when he said he’ll do something, he’s going to get something for his camera, and he’s planning to get it upgraded. He always loved photography, he always takes pictures his friends having a funny face, but he had always wanted a model for his pictures. A girl will be great if she has fair and soft skin, pink lips, and very beautiful big eyes. He just smiled to himself at that thought. As if a person could look good in the camera in his eyes, he even tried to picture the queenkas, but there is something missing. The queenkas can’t make it without makeup and always try to pose cute or y whenever possible. Myungsoo wants a model that would act naturally, with no makeup, and would look good without trying.

An image of Sungjong appeared in his mind, is he afraid that the boy is even better? No, that can’t be, he even hadn’t seen Sungjong sing or dance. He just sat at the corner at their class writing something not paying attention, occasionally sleeping. His smarts are also good it could compete with Myungsoo’s, which made him very mad at the boy. Myungsoo shook his head, he doesn’t know this feeling, but he hates it ‘why did I think of him when I was thinking of a good model?’ He just ignored it and walked in to a very familiar store, the photography shop.

???’s POV

I walked around town for a bit because I don’t want to be alone at our house. It was already starting to get dark, the lights on the street lamps began to go on, and the lights in the stores became brighter. I put on my black hooded jacket, with small white musical notes embroided, since today was a very cold day the wind blew through my hair and it was very peaceful. I was walking all over streets when I noticed four strangers were dragging a little girl wearing a school uniform, forcefully into an alleyway. No one in the crowd noticed but me.

I know what will happen next and I will not just stand here like a coward, or a heartless person, I know what I should do. I ran quickly to the location, pulling up my hood, so I will be taken seriously. My blood boiled when I saw that they started to take the kid’s vest off, I knew this would happen; the scene was all too familiar.

“Hey! What do you think you’re doing?” I shouted and one them stopped to the girl’s blouse and looked at me. I was disgusted too see the smirk on his face; I raised my head to shoot them a death glare. “We’re having a bit of fun,” he had put a hand on my arm and began to feel me up, I hated this gesture. I looked at the girl, she already looked scared, and tears began to form in her eyes. They had taped to refrain her from screaming. “we could always take on two gir-” I grabbed his hand and flipped him on to the floor. He was clearly in pain but at the same time shocked.

“F*** you I’m a guy” I whispered at him. I sensed his companions are going to attack me at the back; I tripped them by my foot. The one I just flipped surprised me when he choked me at the back, with a wooden stick against my neck. I elbowed his stomach harshly, and then kicked him where it hurts. They didn’t give up and I fought them for a long time until I won leaving them unconscious and called the police telling them that there was an attempting . I had minor bruises on my body but I didn’t mind it, I just want the kid safe.

I went to her and she was shivering from the cold and trauma, I buttoned up her blouse and put on her vest and jacket. Poor thing must have been so scared she even backed away when I was helping her. I looked at her and smiled a very warm one to let her know I’m a friend. “its okay your going to be safe, don’t worry” I gently took out the tape and she hugged me and cried. I patted her back, after a while she looked up to me and smiled. “Mister you’re very pretty!” she hugged me again and giggled. I was okay with that since it was a compliment and I was happy that she is alright now. “Come on let’s find someone who could contact your mom and meet her.” I stood up and reached a hand to her and she took it. We walked away from the horrible scene and looked for a place to rest.

Back to Myungsoo

Myungsoo was sitting at a café near the photo shop. He had already taken some pictures with his upgraded camera, the sunset at Han River, the park, some plants, and some people. Still he can’t find the ‘perfect’ model for him; he sighed to himself and turned off the camera. Myungsoo stayed in the café for a while because he loved the nice atmosphere, and cozy feeling it’s giving. Myungsoo took out his phone camera and took a selfca with the cappuccino and cake he was eating. Something he wouldn’t do in school.

The bell from the door of the shop rang everyone, including Myungsoo, looked at the person and saw it was Sungjong and he has a little girl with him. Myungsoo made a face and angrily ate a piece of his cake. The two made their way to the counter and began to order. The little girl was debating to herself loudly on what to order and Sungjong giggled at her actions. Myungsoo tried to divert his attention to something else but it was hard not to look at the sweet scene, especially with a phone camera in his hand. So he peeked at the boy who was ordering at the counter and Sungjong had a bright smile.

It wouldn’t hurt to experiment a bit, right?’ Myungsoo acted like he was taking a selfca again but he directed the back camera to Sungjong. After a second, the photo was saved, and the image shocked him. The picture of Sungjong smiling warmly at the kid was perfect. His milky white skin seems so soft and it stands out from the crowd. His eyes were so bright, full of life and happiness, his hair looked so soft makes him want to touch it. Lastly, his smile it was so gentle, it could even make his L heart melt.

Myungsoo hated it but he wants more pictures of this boy, he was the perfect model he was looking for. He took few more pictures of Sungjong eating, drinking, and talking to the kid. After a few more shots, a woman entered the scene, she hugged the little girl, and thanks Sungjong, bowing a very low bow, before she took off with the kid. Sungjong smiled at them and waved them goodbye, before he had sighed from exhaustion. It was a long day for him and he wanted to go home, and that is what he will do. He packed up his things and left the café without noticing Myungsoo.

Myungsoo felt a bit disappointed, only a bit. He wanted to take more pictures of the boy, he hated it, but he’s starting to like Sungjong…’s appearance. His bright smile was something Myungsoo is trying to forget, but cant. His hair, it looked so soft and makes Myungsoo want to touch it same for his skin. His thoughts were interrupted when his phone vibrated. He opened his phone and read the text.

 

To: Black cat Myung

From: Hamster Gyu

 

Hey, Myung go home now I want to teach this new student that you could write better songs than his brother!

 

Myungsoo smiled at the text his brother had sent, he opened the send box and replied to him.

 

To: Hamster Gyu

From Black Cat Myung

 

Aww… Is grampa getting nervous alone with the new student? Careful maybe you’ll have a nervous breakdown! Kekeke~

 

To: Black cat Myung

From: Hamster Gyu

 

Shut up did Sungyeol rub off on you? Hoya’s here too with the newbie’s friend, apparently they got paired up with a project too,   just get here before I raid your room again and stop calling me hamster!!!

 

Myungsoo texted an ok and went to their house, still smiling at his brother’s text. He didn’t know when was the last time his brother ever had a good time by just singing with another person. The three of them always thinks that everything is a competition and you should always win. ‘Life is a race if you stop and smell the flowers you’ll lose’ that was Paradise’s motto. Well except Sungyeol he was an exception, he is the so-called positive energy of the group, and they didn’t want him to change, ever.

Myungsoo walked down their peaceful neighborhood where kids play and minimum cars pass by, no one ever thought the rebels lived here, when he turned to the corner his eyes widened. The familiar yellow backpack with a black SJ engraved on it in front of him.

 

‘why is he at our street?.... don’t tell me… he’s going to our house too!?’