When Baking A Cake Doesn't Go As Planned

When Baking A Cake Doesn't Go As Planned

One afternoon, Kibum decided to surprise his boyfriend by baking a cake. There's no special occasion, he just wanted to be nice. Kibum is at Jinki's house, but for whatever reason he decided to take a nap and Kibum was bored, thinking of something to do to distract himself. That's when the idea of the cake came in and he went into the kitchen. He tried to be as quiet as possible when gathering the ingredients and supplies. He's going to make this cake from scratch and his boyfriend will love it.

 

Kibum tried to get everything situated, putting everything in it's place. Everything seems to be in order, but there's one problem: he doesn't know where to begin. He touched the flour and sugar, opening both packages, but then stopped when he heard someone come into the kitchen and froze in his spot.

 

“What are you doing?” Jinki said, still half asleep.

 

“N-nothing! Go back to sleep!” Kibum tried to hide his surprise, even though he knew it wouldn't work.

 

Jinki walked up to his boyfriend and hugged him from behind, looking at the ingredients and utensils on the table.

 

“What are you making?”

 

Kibum sighed in defeat before answering. “I wanted to surprise you with a cake when you woke up. But it's just a surprise. There's no specific reason for me doing this.”

 

Jinki's eyes grew wide. “What? Really?”

 

Kibum turned around in Jinki's arms and nodded, not looking too happy that his surprise is no longer a surprise. But Jinki smiled and hugged his boyfriend tigher.

 

“Thanks for the surprise.”

 

Kibum enjoyed the moment of being in Jinki's arms while he came up with an idea he thought he would never come up with. He got out of Jinki's arms and looked at him.

 

“Since you're here...you can help me bake...if you want.”

 

Kibum swore that he was looking at the sun when Jinki's face lit up.

 

“Really?”

 

Kibum sighed then nodded, turning back to the table to get the bowl. “Get the flour and sugar, please. We're starting with the cake batter.”

 

Kibum took a measuring cup and put some water in it at the nearby sink. When he came back, he looked at Jinki and noticed that he looked confused. He sighed, again, in frustration and took the flour away from Jinki and poured some of it in the bowl. Jinki whispered an apology before taking the flour back. Then suddenly, an idea came to his mind and he smirked.

 

“Kibum, you got something on your nose.”

 

“What? Where?”

 

“Here.” Jinki took some flour and put it on Kibum's nose.

 

Kibum became dumbfounded and Jinki laughed hysterically. Kibum touched his nose, gasped and pushed his boyfriend lightly.

 

“I changed my mind. Get out of the kitchen. I'll let you know when the cake it done.”

 

“Aww c'mon, Kibum!”

 

“If you do it again, you're going to get it!”

 

Jinki decided to have a little fun and flicked some more flour at Kibum's face. Kibum has had it and looked around for something to attack back with. His eyes spotted the sugar and took it in his hands.

 

“Flour versus sugar?” Jinki questioned.

 

“What? You're scared?” Kibum playfully threatened.

 

Jinki threw more flour, this time at Kibum's shirt. Kibum was shocked, looking at his shirt, then gave his boyfriend an angry look. For a moment Jinki thought he was actually mad, but Kibum threw sugar at him and smirked.

 

“I told you you were gonna get it if you do it again.”

 

“Then it's war!” Jinki declared.

 

Not even a second later the couple threw sugar and flour at each other, making a complete mess in the kitchen and on their own beings. Eventually they both ran out of flour and sugar to attack each other with. When Kibum thought the fun was done, Jinki suddenly tackle hugged him to the floor, which was covered with the flour and sugar. After a moment of rolling around on the ground, they got off each other and their laughs filled the kitchen. Kibum sat up first and looked around the kitchen and the ingredients they've wasted.

 

“Well, there goes the surprise. This isn't exactly how I planned on spending my afternoon making a cake.”

 

“Shut up, you had fun.” Jinki said as he sat up himself.

 

“It was pretty fun...but look at the mess we have to clean up.”

 

Jinki laughed again then looked at Kibum. Another idea popped up and he smiled widely.

 

“You have something on your mouth.”

 

“No really-”

 

Kibum was interrupted when Jinki kissed him. It didn't even last for a second and Kibum's red cheeks were visible through the flour that was on his face.

 

“You're sweeter than any cake I've ever had.” Jinki said with a smile.

 

Kibum looked at Jinki with an 'are you kidding me?' look then pointed towards the hallway.

 

“Get out. Now.”

 

“Kibum, come on-”

 

“Take your cheesiness and get out.”

 

“You know you enjoyed it. Probably more than the 'fight.'” Jinki joked while he got up and made his way out of the kitchen.

 

“So? That's not an excuse to be cheesy.” Kibum shouted. “Oh! And you're buying me a new outfit tomorrow!”

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N:

I hope you enjoyed it~ \(^^)/