#1

The Last Chance

 

Dddrrrttt... Dddrrrttt...

It was a rainy night when his cellphone vibrated. He took it and answered the call.

“Yoboseyo?”

“Dongwoo-oppa!” A girl exclaimed from the other side. “It’s me, Hayoung.”

“Yeah, I know. Your name appeared in my phone.” He replied. “So, what’s the matter now?”

Hayoung silent for a while. “Well, nothing.”

Dongwoo chuckled. “Such a liar. You wouldn’t just call me for nothing at -what time is it- at 2AM?! For God’s sake, Hayoung! Tell me what’s happened.” He insisted, worried about the girl.

“Well, not a particular matter.” She said, hesitated.

“Just tell me.”

Hayoung kept silent.

“Is he already home?”

Hayoung shook her head, although Dongwoo obviously couldn’t saw it. “Nope. He said he would be home after finished his business and had a dinner with me. I cooked his favorite.”

“So, that’s the problem. Have you call him?”

“Yeah. Several times. Looked like he was pretty busy, so I just left a message, saying that I’m waiting.”

Dongwoo sighed. “That guy, jinjja. I should call him.”

“No! Don’t.” Hayoung shouted. “Well, he should be home soon. So it will be not necessary to call him, oppa.”

Dongwoo silent, thinking about that girl. She must be really disappointed. And that guy, that guy was really too much. It wasn’t the first time he made Hayoung waiting for a long time. Work as an secret agent for a girl like her is just so tiring. Hayoung should be rested now, not waiting like a babo for that guy.

“You should sleep now, Hayoung. There’s a lot of work tomorrow.” Dongwoo said.

“It’s okay, oppa. Thank you for your concern.” She smiled.

Suddenly, she heard someone opened the front door. She knew it must be him.

“He’s home, oppa. Talk to you later, kay?” She said and hung up without even heard what Dongwoo would say.

Dongwoo sighed and looked at his cellphone. He shrugged and went to sleep. Like he said to Hayoung before, a lot of work are waiting in the morning.

In the other side, Hayoung put her cellphone on the table and went to front door. And there he was, a guy who made her waiting for about seven hours. She was tired, but she just couldn’t prevent herself to not waiting for him. And she couldn’t hate him too for that, she just simply love him.

“You’re finally home, Myungsoo-ah.” She said and smiled sincerely.

Myungsoo, who was taking off his shoes and put it on the rack, looked at her. “Oh, hi dear. You didn’t sleep yet?”

“I’m waiting for you. You said you would be home for dinner, so I cooked for you.”

Myungsoo silent for a while. “Ah, I’m sorry dear. It can’t be help. That new foreign agent was really hyper. He kept drinking until he couldn’t take it anymore. So I should brought him back to his apartment.”

Hayoung nodded awkwardly, totally disappointed. But she tried to hide it. “Ah, geurae? It’s okay then.” She forced a smile. “Should I heat the food? You must be really hungry.” She said.

“Eung.” Myungsoo nodded and smiled. “I’m gonna take a shower then.” He said and taking off his shirt.

Hayoung walked into the kitchen and heated the food. It was only took about 10 minutes. After she finished setting the dining table, she walked into their room and found Myungsoo’s clothes all over the bed. She took it and was going to put it together with another dirty clothes when she found something. A lipstick mark on his shirt. It wasn’t that clear, but it was obviously a lipstick mark.

Hayoung closed her eyes and controlled her breath. She still couldn’t believe what was she saw just now. That time, Myungsoo walked out from the bathroom, facing her back.

“Myungsoo-ah?”

“Hm?” He said while taking a t-shirt from closet and wore it.

“The foreign agent who just drank with you is a guy, right?”

“Yup. Why?” Myungsoo asked back, curious.

“Is he wearing a lipstick?” She turned back to Myungsoo and showed his shirt with the lipstick mark. Her face showed how hurted she was. “Is he wearing a lipstick and kissed your neck?”

Myungsoo kept silent, looked surprise. “Well, it was....”

“What?!” Hayoung cut his words. Myungsoo didn’t say anything else. He was just looked at Hayoung’s hurted face.

She sighed. A drop of tears flowed from her eyes. “Again, Myungsoo?” She asked emotionally.

“I can explain.”

“Then explain.”

“A girl was drunk and bumped me. It just happened.”

“It just happened?” She asked sarcastically. “She just bumped you and accidentally leaving this mark? Is that your best explanation?” She throw the shirt to the floor.

“Hayoung, listen...”

“What? Listen to your another lies?” She cut his words again. “How many times, Myungsoo? How many times should I listen to you? How many times should I forgive you for betraying me? What happened to you? Myungsoo that I knew for 13 years is not a jerk. What happened, Myungsoo? Are you sick of me? Am I not good enough for you?” She pierced him with so many frustating question.

It wasn’t the first time Myungsoo betrayed her. It was already three times, including this one. He started to act like a jerk about one year ago, and Hayoung always forgave him in the name of love. Hayoung grew up with him. She believed Myungsoo just lost, and she was the one who should brought him back. But she started to doubt it.

“Hayoung, I love you.” Myungsoo said drowsily.

“You always say that everytime you betray me. Should I believe it now?”

“Hayoung, please, give me another chance.” Myungsoo begged.

Hayoung closed her eyes. Another chance, another chance and another chance. He always asked for that. In this point, she couldn’t take this anymore. She got out from their room. Without cared about anything, she run out through the rainy night.