♊ update - collaborative writing

PENS, PLANS, AND THE GREAT PERHAPS || Writing Contest
Hi guys. Long time no see!

First off, we believe an apology is in order for suddenly disappearing on you guys. Very unprofessional, we know. But now that we're back, we're commencing the collaborative cycle... Again.

For those who are new to this contest, here's a brief introduction to the dynamics of this contest. It's a contest held in cycles and the previous two cycles have already been completed. For the third cycle, on top of writing according to selected themes and prompts, you have to write with a partner, hence the term 'collaborative writing'.

Taken from Char's response in Writer's Corner, collaborative writing is when multiple parties come together to work on a piece of work together rather than doing it individually. All writing can be considered collaborative in a sense because there is hardly a story that isn't influenced by the ideas of others and hence they contributed to the completion of your story. However, the collaborative writing that is being discussed in this chapter is with regards to two people coming together to work on a story together and writing it together. By that I don't mean just editing. Think of it in terms of roleplaying. When roleplaying, there are two characters in a plot that you and another person have devised and the characters act out the plot. Collaborative writing is similar in the sense that there are two of you writing and crafting the plot as well. For more information, head over and read the chapter or Google it!

Before the cycle officially begins, we would like to know how many of you are interested in the contest and willing to participate. All of us have been away from aff for quite some time but as far as we know, no other contest has organised a contest like this. We will give you guys a week to advertise, spread the message, find a partner, whichever. when the one week is up, we will decide if there are enough participants for the contest to proceed. We would like a minimum of 7 pairs if possible.

Once again, we apologise for disappearing the last time around and we promise it will not happen again. The judges all wish for the success of this cycle and for many enthusiastic participants! ^^

Side note: For those of you who don't know who to find as your parter, click here. We'll match you up with another participant. We greatly encourage you to approach your fellow writers on AFF as well as those authors whom you greatly admire. Who knows, they might be up for the challenge as well! Those of you who have a partner, please proceed to the blog post to comment the names of both you and your partner as well. 

With love,
Your judges.