Introductions

Fiction

 

Baekhyun had been sitting in the corner of a cafe quietly reading his favorite book when Luhan enters the place with Kyungsoo in tow.

All I wanted was to enjoy a peaceful and quiet day, and just readToo much to ask for? Baekhyun asks the universe in his head.

He didn't want to give up on the just read part, even if peaceful and quiet had gone out the window the moment the other two came in. So Baekhyun doesn't react when he notices his two bestfriends enter the cafe. He barely looks up when the eldest of the three friends suddenly plops down beside him, and he doesn’t offer a greeting either.

"Kyungsoo's ordering us coffee." Luhan states letting Baekhyun know that the other two are planning to invade his morning.

Baekhyun hums in response, and tries to focus on reading.

Luhan doesn’t really seem to mind, or understand that Baekhyun doesn’t want to talk. So smiling brightly, Luhan proceeds to ramble about wanting cheesecakes, spotting Baekhyun, and awesome coincidences, all of which the other tuned out.

It’s five minutes later when Kyungsoo interupts with a tray of 2 coffee cups and a slice of blueberry cheesecake.

"Luhan, we just saw each other yesterday, stop acting like a squeaky teenage girl who hasn't seen her friends in a long time."

Kyungsoo sits in front of the other two placing the tray on the table.

Luhan scoffs and takes his cheesecake. 

Baekhyun smiles behind his book, forgetting about wind masters, teleporters, and handsome fire lords. He finds it funny how Luhan and Kyungsoo barging into his day today doesn't bother him as much as he expected...

___________

Luhan's bubbly personality and random abrupt appearances had had Baekhyun wanting to slam his face into a wall countless of times. But the older had cheered him up just as much, and Baekhyun loved Luhan too much to do that to his pretty face.

No, not the that kind of love; because Baekhyun’s already in love with someone else. Said person is not Kyungsoo, because as much as Baekhyun loves him; especially when he manages to shut Luhan up, they’re just childhood friends. 

Besides, he claims to have a boyfriend... that no one's seen or heard of.... Baekhyun scrunches his face as he loses himself in a conversation with himself. So I'm pretty sure Kai is non-existent, because if he's as hot as Soo says, he'd be famous.  Maybe Kyungsoo's just ually frustrated or something, he should find a real person soon...

___________

Luhan laughs hard while in the middle of swallowing a mouthful of his drink, spewing a mix of coffee and saliva onto Kyungsoo's face and shirt. Kyungsoo yells, grabbing for tissues, and glares at Baekhyun who had unknowingly voiced out the last part of his thoughts.

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry Kyungsoo!" Luhan laughs out, handing the younger tissues, and wiping his face. Kyungsoo grumbles in response, while wiping his shirt, "Gross. I swear, you're lucky this isn't my favorite shirt."

Baekhyun realizes he'd talked out loud, I have to stop talking to myself, he thinks shutting his book and making sure his mouth is closed. He looks at Kyungsoo and snickers. The other's expression is not unlike an emoticon Luhan often sent in messages: _ಠ

Kyungsoo doesn’t seem to have been bothered by what Baekhyun said though. His complains being -- Luhan you wasted good coffee, uhg, its sticky and gross, it isn't even funny, what the hell Luhan. Ew. 

Baekhyun really didn't mean to say the last part out loud. It wasn't as if he was any better. He was in love with a fictional character.

Baekhyun sighs at his book.

 



 

 

Chanyeol doesn't ever stay still for a long time. Unless there’s something big going on. But there isn't. So when Sehun breezed by Chanyeol's room and saw him staring at a book, the usually poker faced male was alarmed.

Sehun rushes in with a gust of wind making the older look up.

"Oh, hey." Chanyeol shuts his book.

"Don't 'Oh, hey' me." Sehun says analyzing the other’s expression while keeping his at check. "Is there something wrong?"

Chanyeol looks at him confused. He’s opened his mouth to ask what the younger meant, when a tanned male suddenly appears beside him. Chanyeol flinches and notices a flash of expression on Sehun’s face.

"Jongin you lazy , your room is just beside this." Chanyeol says cluching at his chest dramatically.

"You'll get fat, you know." Sehun says in a deadpan knowing that it was completely impossible.

_____

Jongin’s always travelled a lot, both by teleportation and foot. But Chanyeol still hadn’t gotten used to his sudden appearances even after all the years they’d been together.

He wonders how the teleporter never got tired, considering both forms of travel used a lot of energy. Sehun always complained about walking, or running, or any form of travel that involved him moving his legs continously. He’d said he preffered riding his wind.

Chanyeol understood, more than Sehun would ever, that travel by foot was tiring. He wasn’t able to ride his flames, or teleport using fire or anything like that. So he had suffered aching feet whenever the other two covered long distances and he was left behind and forced to follow.

Jongin bent space, and not time because that’s Tao’s job, with his powers and Chanyeol knew nature didn’t exactly help with the energy needed for that, unlike with his fire and Sehun’s winds.

_____

"Anyway, what do you mean Sehun?" Chanyeol coughs, realizing he had zoned out, again.

"You rarely stay put, and it only happens when something big comes up and you're thinking." Sehun turns to go looking a bit suspiciously at the book in Chanyeol’s hands. "I guess you were just reading..."

"Aw, Sehunnie was worried about me!" Chanyeol exclaims a big smile appearing on his face.

Sehun disappears and Chanyeol thinks he hears a muttered stupid giant and he’s sure the younger is hiding an annoyed expression.

Jongin laughs, knowing that Chanyeol always stayed in places without people when reading. Others never saw the bookworm side of Chanyeol. Everyone always saw the enthusiastic ball of energy Chanyeol quite literally was. Being a fire lord and all.

 "You're still reading that book I gave you before?"

Chanyeol looked at Jongin. "Yeah, uh. I really like the characters and it's just awesome and—" Chanyeol lauches into a talk about feelings and his wishes to meet the characters, not really sounding like the fierce and deadly fire lord he’s supposed to be.

Jongin just listens looking a bit proud and a bit amused.

"Ah, Jongin?" Chanyeol stops his speech. “You've went to different realms before already right? Is this from another realm? I can't find anyone who knows the author of this book here."

"Hmm? Yeah..." Jongin smiles, his eyes stray down to his wrist and his eyes suddenly widen.

“Oops, got to go~” The teleporter disappears leaving a bit of silver black mist.

Chanyeol sighs. His closest friends never stayed in the same room as him for long. No, they didn’t hate him, and they were really close. It was just really how the other two were.

Chanyeol understood that Jongin just really moved a lot, and had other realms to visit, while Sehun was just restless because wind always moved, and he was like a physical representation of wind or something.

Chanyeol himself never stayed put, but he felt that he always looked like a loner when the two suddenly left him in public places. Not that anyone would say that to my face. Even though I always smile to seem friendly...Sehun did say I looked scary..er?

Chanyeol frowns at himself not liking the things his brain was bringing up. He was going to be depressed again. His brain brings up an image of a fictional character's smile that he loved.

Chanyeol sighs at his book.


Just an intro... Okay... (・ω・)ノ

 
Comments are appreciated (why wouldn't it be?) ŌAŌ Thanks for reading~