Love on LINE ~

Love on LINE




Today is very boring. This is my last week here in this company. I am working here as a trainee. I am sitting in front of my computer. My assigned work for me will be finish after an hour but I still need to stay here in the office for 5 hours. I need to complete the time requirement before ending this training.


I am browsing through the internet when I hear my LINE message alert. I almost flip everything in front of me when I saw the name of the sender, it’s from Ken, my long time international friend in LINE or should I say my long time crush. Well, I guess it’s more than just a crush. I like him. I really like him.


LINE is very famous application nowadays. In that application you can talk to your friend in different part of the world. I hale lots of international friends there but Ken is my favorite. YES! He is my favorite because I like him that much. 


Ken is a Chinese from Singapore. When we a have a free time we are always sending messages or voice notes to each other.


It’d been what? 2 years since we’re like this. We knew each other we talk a lot about the happenings in our life but we still see each other in person just video chat on LINE or somewhere.


How did we know each other? Well, it’s because of K-POP. We almost have the same favorite K-POP groups. We love EXO, SHINee, CNBlue and 2ne1. At first he’s so boring. It’s like when you ask him a question he’ll just answer it directly and nothing more but after discovering that we belong to the same fandom he changed.


He changed from a boring guy into a very very friendly guy. There comes a time that he is very importunate one. He loves to annoy me by spamming my LINE with his voice notes or sometimes just random messages like ‘lasjkdfhasdjk’, ‘jdfasdjbf’, ‘….’ Like that.


He also loves photography, I, being his number one fan. He always sends me pictures before posting it on instagram. He wants to hear my comment first before posting it anywhere.


He wants me to suggest of any caption to the photos to make it typography. With that kind of same interest we became very close friend. Even if we are busy with our own lives we’re still communication. Until one day, he told me something that almost breaks my heart into pieces.


Ken: I have something to tell you….

Me: what? You have new cover song?

Ken: Bo, it’s serious.

Me: What?

Ken: ……

Ken: hmmmm

Me: You’re killing me. I’m excited. Tell me!

Ken: Really? I’m excited too.

Me: Oh c’mon! Tell meeeeee!!

Ken: I really like someone one.

Ken: 



Who the hell is that lady??!!!! OHGOSH!! NOOO! PLEASE tell me that I’m the one you like. TT___TT


Ken: Yah! Still there?

Me: Yes, who’s the girl?

Ken: It’s a secret :P

Me: Tell meeeee. You’re such a cliffhanger!

Ken: Bye~ need to go!

Ken: bye~ :P

Me: Yah!! The whole Singapore has wifi! EXCUSES! Tell meeeeeee. Not fair :/

Me: Yah!!

Me: ….

Me: I won’t stop. Tell me….

Me: I’ll spam youuuu!!



It seems like he is ignoring me because I can sea that he already read my messages.


Me: OK. I won’t disturb you. Bye~ Good luck!


I throw my phone on my bed and do my homework.


After few hours of I can’t still focus on my work. I roll my chair in front of my laptop. I open my facebook, twitter and tumblr. I regret opening my accounts because with all of those social sites Ken’s update was “Preparing for a surprise for the most special girl of my life”


Pssss. Cheesy! Damn that! I close it all and text my friends to kill my boredom. I hear my LINE ring tone and hurriedly open it hoping that it’s from Ken but it is not from him. It is from my random friend. He sent a sticker at our group, I  
 
“UGH! Damn it!” I throw my phone on the bed as I turn off its notification
 
 
 
=========================
 
 
It’s been two days since I didn’t talk to Ken. I don’t know, maybe I don’t want to send any messages or voice notes to him. I might disturb his preparation to his surprise to his girl. Tsss. And he doesn’t send any message or voice notes to me anyway.
 
 
I fix my things as I finish my today’s assignment. After this day my internship is over. YES! It’s over. It is my last day of internship.
 
 
I walk straight to my boss’ office and to tell that I’ll go first. I walk down to the stairs happily while humming some songs.
 
 
I walk straight to the coffee shop to buy coffee as I always do.
 
 
“As usual please” I said to the lady in the cashier. She nods and takes my payment. Almost everyday I always buy iced latte.
 
 
When my order came I hurriedly get out of the coffee shop to wait for the shuttle. I also notice the speakers all around the cafeteria and to the coffee shop. Maybe there’s a visitor. I ignore the speakers and connect my phone to the wifi. From the moment that my phone is connected I receive 5 new messages on LINE. It is voice message from Ken.
 
 
Ken: Hi~ It’s been a while. How are you?
 
Ken: I will meet the lady I like later. Wish me luck! ;)
 
Ken: and oh it’s a surprise. She doesn’t have any idea about it. Kkk~
 
Ken: oh gosh! So hot in here~
 
Ken: talk to you later. Bye~

 
 
I didn’t reply to Ken’s voice notes. It’s like he’s making me jealous. Damn I like him so much. Is he dumb not to feel that?
 
 
The wind is not with me right now, it keeps on blowing on my skirt. I’m having trouble to keep my skirt down because I am holding many things; my phone, papers, ipod, a cup of iced latte, umbrella and ID. Yep I have a huge hand.
 
 
I look around hoping that the shuttle is near but still the shuttle is not yet here. I drop my things at the nearest table at the coffee shop and fix my hair and things.
 
I sit down and my phone rings again. It’s a voice message from Ken.
 
 
Ken: Are you waiting for someone?
 
I ignore it again ang close my LINE. After a few seconds it rings again. Oh great, another voice message from Ken
 
 
Ken: Stop ignoring me
 
 
then he chuckles at the back ground. I hit the voice note button and reply
 
 
Me: Talk to you later! I’m busy!
 
 
I send it to him and fix my hair again because the wind it keeps on messing with my hair. Then, Ken reply on LINE
 
 
Ken: Later? When you’re home?

 
 
I didn’t reply because I’m so annoyed
 
 
Ken: I’ll send you a photo. I want to hear your comment before posting it on instagram

 
Me: OK~ make it fast. I can see the shuttle already

 
 
Kent: sent a photo.

 
 
I wait for the photo to load and when I saw it my jaw literally drop on the floor. It is me sitting in front of the coffee shop. I look around to search for Ken but I can’t see him.
 
 
Me: Where did you get that?!??
 
 
I am panicking and keep on looking around.
 
 
Me: Yah! Answer me! The shuttle is here
 
 
He didn’t reply.
 
 
Me: ok~ I’m out of reach now. I am going home. NO WIFI
 
 
The shuttle stops in front of the coffee shop and when I am ready to climb in EXO’s song Into Your World play. 
 


 [click here to play Into Your World]

 

I am stunned because whenever I hear KPOP songs in public I always spazz no matter what.
 
 
“OMG!!!” I squeal. Oh my gosh! I want to know who the one playing the song. I bet she/he likes KPOP too but I continue my way on the shuttle because it is the last trip.
 
 
When I am inside the shuttle someone push me out and thank heavens that I manage to control my balance.
 
 
“YAH!! You’re such an ungentle man!!” I look at the person who pushed me and he just stare at me with his smiling face and he is also holding a colored paper.
 
 
I stare at him with my straight face and another one follows him holding the same colored paper. They fall in line beside the shuttle. What a weirdoes.
 
 
After forming their line my phone rings.
 
 
Ken: Surprised eh?
 
Me: What?!
 
 
Ken: Your face is so priceless! HAHAHAH. Turn around, lady

 
 
I repeat the voice note again
 
 
Ken: Your face is so priceless! HAHAHAH. Turn around, Lady
 
 
I follow his instruction and turn around.
 
 
I can’t believe my eyes. He is standing in front of me. He is standing in front of me. Yes. Ken is standing in front of me holding a bouquet of my favorite flower, sunflower.
 
 
My eyes are locked to him and I press the reply button
 
 
Me: Why are you here?
 
Me: Why are you here? I thought you’re going to see the girl you like???

 
 
I am still looking at him and he listen to the voice note that I sent and then he replies to it.
 
 
Ken: Yes I am. She is already standing in front me now.
 
 
Ken: She looks so good in her dress

 
 
Ken: Shock?
 
 
Ken: Yah! Talk to me

 
 
I pinch my cheeks and poke his face “Ommo! Are you for real?? Oh gosh!??” he said that the girl he like is standing in front of him. Is it me???
 
 
Yep!” he said and hold my shoulders and let me face the weirdoes that are holding colored papers.
 
 
I watch it as they flip the colored paper one by one
 
 
“Joahae~” he whispers into my ears.
 
 
I look straight into his eyes and smile. I can’t still function well of his surprise. I didn’t expect this but I dreamed of this.     “Turn around” he said and I do as he said and look at the people that are holding colored papers.     I read the words that are printed on the colored paper and I my mouth just drop.     “CAN YOU BE MY GIRL?” omoo! I can’t even. OMG. I look back at Ken and he turns his back to me and orders me to read his shirt --------------------------------------------------

 

YES – SMILE

 

NO – Rap EXO’s Two Moons (K&M) with no mistake :P

 

---------------------------------------------------

 

 

My inner self is doing back flip right now. But outside I’m giving him my straight face but when he tilt his head waiting for my answer I can’t hold my smile anymore.

 

 

I let the straight line on my lips turn into a curve line that makes Ken to smile widely and embrace me tightly.

 

 

“I’m so sorry if it took me a while to tell you this… I love you~” he whispers and I swear that words send me away to heaven

 

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

Yep! That’s it! How is it? Kkkk~ Blame my boring mind. Hahahah.