Dogs Bring Kim Jongin to the Yard (and He's Like Woof Woof)

Dancing Forever
ckIzqO6.jpg
dancing forever
hope you liked the chapter~
dogs bring kim jongin to the yard (and he's like woof woof)
scroll down to view more

A dog? Did I hear right? A dog! Where would I keep a dog? Where would I even get a dog? How would I communicate with a dog? Woof woof? No way, I’m not getting a dog. ”I’m not getting a dog, Sehun,” I say firmly.

Sehun just shrugs. “Okay, well take him to a dog park. But he might abandon you for other dogs, just saying.”

Oh great. So not only was Jongin obsessed with sticky notes but dogs too! Just my luck. “Alright well I don’t know what to do then!” I sigh defeatedly and force myself back against the couch. The drama on the TV is long gone and Sehun is putting the empty glass on the coffee table.

”You want to date Jongin, don’t you?”

”I don’t know, getting to know him sounds nice.” I reply with a shrug. “We haven’t known each other long.”

”Oh for God’s sake, you both like eachother so just date already!” He says exasperated. “And without his God damn springing up,” He adds.

I giggle at Sehun’s disgusted face. I found it (quite disgustingly) cute that Jongin couldn’t control what was going on with his body. After all, he was hardly seventeen and probably still going through bodily changes. Then again, I am unfortunately reminded just how young he is and how old I am. A twenty year old and a seveenteen year old boy wasn’t that bad right?

”Well I’m off to bed, goodnight!” Sehun sing songs. He gets off the couch, leaving me to put his glass in the kitchen, and drags the blanket behind him.

I check my phone to see the time and I realize I have four hours until Jongin gets home. Take him to the dog park. That’ll be easy enough, wouldn’t it?

Thinking back, I honestly believe I should have made the trip to the dog park a surprise for Jongin. The moment he walked through the front door of our new home and saw me dressed casually he figured we were going somewhere and when he asked (and I told him) he almost screamed and ran out the door had Joonmyun not bumped into him.

”Oh my God are we really going to the dark park?” Jongin’s said instead of apologizing to Joonmyun. Joonmyun huffs and stomps away muttering something along the lines of showing his elders respect.

”Yes,” I reply with a shrug.

Jongin smiles but plays off his childish behavior. “Alright, cool, yeah let me just change.”

He zips into our room and I hear a crashing sound and Sehun yelling at Jongin to “Quiet the down”. After a few moments of standing with my hands shoved into my jeans, Jongin emerges from the hallway with a sweatshirt and a pair of shorts that stopped above his knees. His eyes are creased into crescent moons and his white teeth are showing.

”Let’s go, let’s go, let’s go! I haven’t been to the dog park in forever!” He says while walking quickly to the door.

”Yeah, yeah, slow down will you. Hey, stop running!” I yell as Jongin darts down the hallway and pressing vigorously at the elevator button. I catch up to him shortly after the doors slide open to reveal three bickering friends (should I even call them friends?).

”I dated him first!” Baekhyun was saying to Kyungsoo.

”It doesn’t matter who I dated first. What matters is the friendship we maintained over the years.” Chanyeol says calmly.

Jongin clears his throat and all three friends look at him in annoyance. Then, Chanyeol pushes both Kyungsoo and Baekhyun out of the elevator. Kyungsoo then points out that Baekyun dated Chanyeol for two weeks before he got annoyed with him but Kyungsoo had been dating Chanyeol for well over a year and had yet to get in a fight.

Deciding to tune them out, Jongin and I enter the elevator with a chuckle. I punch the ground button and turn around to watch Seoul from above. If there’s one thing I liked about the overly grand building it was the glass elevator that gave a perfect view of Seoul. Jongin seemed to like it as well because he was standing beside me with a grin on his face.

”Wow that’s beautiful,” He says. It was a perfect sunset. The sun going to sleep against the horizon as it paints the sky a soft orange. It reflected off the many buildings of Seoul which caused it to be a little painful to the eyes but it was worth it. It was a perfect scene for a first kiss with-

Yeah, no, scratch that. I can’t kiss Jongin, I realize. He’s under age. He’s seventeen! I could go to jail. Oh my God, what have I gotten myself into? I don’t want to go to prison. I’m too beautiful! My mother always said bad things would happen to me if I went to jail.

”Lays, are you okay?” Jongin asks as the doors slide open.

”Huh? Oh yeah, you know, I’m fine. Just a little tired,” Yeah, more like I don’t want to go to prison because I have a crush on a minor so I should probably cancel the trip to the dog park. Oh but how could I do that to Jongin? I’m just royally ed.

”We can go back to the dorm, you know. You don’t look well either . . .” He trails off.

I look up and I see a sad look on his face. Great, I made him sad. I quickly shake my head and begin to walk out of the elevator. “No, no, really I’m fine. We should get going before it gets dark.”

He side eyes me but doesn’t say anything else. Before long he’s bouncing on the ball of his feet and a bright smile on his face. “I haven’t been to the dog park in awhile. Oh man I’m so excited! There’s going to be so many dogs there. I wish I had my dogs with me, they’d really enjoy this!”

Jongin continues rambling about his dogs as we walked towards the dog park which was conveniently not so far from our dorm. Although I was still having an eternal debate about whether or not this was wrong, Jongin seemed happy to be there. He was always pointing things out with a “Oh, isn’t that dog so cute?” or “Lays, we should try that restaurant one day!”. He had a bright smile on his face and looking at him chasing dogs around so he could pet them was probably the cutest things I could’ve witnessed.

”Come here!” Jongin sing songs as he chases around a small chihuahua. The owner didn’t seem at all bothered that a teenage boy was literally hunting down their dog and even if they did, I doubt that’d sway Jongin’s mission of petting every dog in the park.

Even when the sun went down and the moon was low in the sky, Jongin didn’t stop. “It’ll make petting more easier. They’ll never see me coming!” He explains when I try to convince him to go home. And I’ll be damned if Jongin didn’t hide behind trees and wait for an approaching dog (with it’s owner!) and crept up behind them.

When my phone glowed eleven PM and Jongin was just about to sneak behind a beagle, I yell “Jongin, we really have to go! You have school tomorrow.” He stops mid-crawl and looks up in a sorry manner to the man who turned around to glare at him before tugging the beagle away from Jongin.

”But I don’t want to go home,” He whines as he brushes grass blades off his knees. I didn’t either, honestly, but it was stifling hot and I had to tell Lu Han how weird (and cute) Jongin was.

”Yeah, yeah, yeah. Joonmyun is probably flipping that you’re not home,” I point out as I grab his upper arm to drag him away from the park.

He whines again but doesn’t pull away, thank God. I really wasn’t in the mood to chase a hyper seventeen year old. Instead, he drags his arm down mine until our hands touched. Then, fit his in mine (and wow were those explosions in the air?). “What are you doing?”

He glances at me with a look in his eyes as if scared that I wouldn’t like it. But I did, oh God I did. “Oh, um, I can stop-”

I realized that Jongin didn’t notice we had stopped walking. I also don’t think he realized that not only was he holding my hand, but we were face to face with only inches of space between them. The stars were twinkling and the moon was full and man this would be the perfect kiss.

”Can I?” He asks with a sloppy grin.

I nod and he leans closer and I think oh my God it’s happening.