-Oneshot

Strawberry & Chocolate
-Oneshot
 
Both of them stood outside of the ice cream store at the same time, staring at the amount of crowds inside of the little store.As far as they know, there's no such thing as a 50% sales off for ice creams so why are there a lot of people lining up?
 
Shrugging off their thoughts, the tall blond guy entered the store with a petite young brunette following behind him.The two of them actually wanted to get a few sweet treats for themselves now that their final exam is over but the people lining up at the counter is just crazy.
 
It was as if there's some kind of free ice creams given out for free for everyone,…not that it's not possible though.
 
Oh and btw, just so you know, these two doesn't really have anything to do with one another, other than the fact that they're studying at the same college.
 
And taking the same course.
 
Uh huh, such a coincidence.
 
"Oh you're here Ara-yah," a girl, wearing the store's uniform with the name tag 'Yoonjo' attached to her greeted the brunette with an amused smile. It really has been a while since she last seen her friend, due to her locking up herself in the dorm to study, study, and study.
 
"Yes, now you can cancel your plan on burning down my room Yoonjo, i'm finally out. Yay," she replied, opening her arms widely in fake enthusiasm. To be honest, being in public isn't really her kind of thing but what the heck, breathing in some fresh air isn't that bad.
 
"Heh," Yoonjo slightly grinned, averting her eyes for a moment to the tall guy lining up in front of Ara. She poked her friend's side as she whispered, trying to make it not so obvious. "You're finally going out with him?"
 
"What?"
 
"Happy Virus."
 
"No!"
 
"Ouch, no need to yell at me like that,"
 
Luckily for the two of them, the person that they were talking about absolutely has no idea on their little conversation. Yoonjo exaggeratedly rubbed her ears, earning a scoff from Ara.
 
"Anyways, why are there so many people today?"
 
"You didn't know?"
 
"Uhm no miss smartypants. You do know i haven't been out for quite a while right?"
 
"Oh right," Yoonjo made a clicking sound with her tongue, agreeing with what Ara had just said. "There's an ice cream eating contest today, the winners will get a chance to win a 50% off lifetime membership card."
 
"Winners?" the brunette raised an eyebrow upon hearing her friend's word.
 
"Uh yes, it's a couple ice cream eating competition," a grin made it's way to the waitress' face. "And guess what, everyone who's buying an ice cream today can participate in the contest for free."
 
"…Do they have to?"
 
"Not really but joining the contest would be fun you know, real couples can join this thing and for the forever alone people,they'll be paired up with a stranger."
 
"Is this some kind of matchmaking place?"
 
"You should say that to our boss over there," she sheepishly grinned upon pointing to a woman in her late twenties smiling widely on her own at the corner of the store, watching her customers like a creep.
 
"…I'll pass on that thank you," she watched the guy, or as she and her friends prefer to call him happy virus, walked to the poster hanging up on the wall with a strawberry ice cream in his hand before she herself went to order at the counter.
 
"What would you like miss?"
 
"One chocolate flavour please."
 
"One chocolate coming up," he smiled brightly, scooping out the flavour that she wanted before giving the cone to her. "Here ya go, that'll be $2.50."
 
"Thanks," she then took out her wallet to pay but before she could walk away from the counter and let the person behind her get his turn, the cashier said something regarding the contest."Would you like to join the contest miss?"
 
"No than-"
 
"She will Baek," her so-called-friend smiled innocently and wrote down Ara's name on the list of contestants.
 
"Oh, is she your friend?"
 
"Yup, best friend that is," Yoonjo's grin grew wider, knowing that Ara would probably choke her later on for this. How she love provoking the older girl whenever she had the chance.
 
"The hell Shin Yoonjo?"
 
"Just doing you a favour."
 
"I am not joining this thing."
 
"Well to bad Ara, you can't withdraw from the contest once your name is written on the list."
 
"I swear i'm gonna kill you," she hissed, up her ice cream seeing that it was about to melt.
 
"I've got Nara to back me up~"
 
"Shut it Yoonjo," she stepped aside and stood near the wall where the Happy Virus is standing at. She wondered whether he was also joining the contest or not, seeing that he's eating up his ice cream while waiting for something.
 
Well the contest is about to start in a few as stated on the poster.
 
Ara awkwardly stood next to him, both of them finishing up their ice cream and not long after that, an announcement was made throughout the store."The contest is about to begin soon, so get ready with your partner peeps!"
 
"How am i suppose to eat ice creams with a stranger," she muttered under her breath and it was just her luck that the Happy Virus managed to catch on what she was saying.
 
"It'll be quite fun no?" he replied, looking down to meet Ara's eye level seeing that he's too tall for her to see.
 
"Uhm, i have a different definition of fun so.."
 
"I see," he let out a soft chuckle, extending out his hand for her to shake. "It's nice to meet you, i'm Park Chanyeol, i felt like i have seen you before though."
 
"Yeah, i've seen you around the class. Happy- I mean Chanyeol, you're majoring in psychology as i am," Ara blankly replied,shaking his hand for a second before letting go. She felt awkward to even shake a hand with a boy and the last time that she had a one on one conversation was like, 3 years ago?
 
"Ah, no wonder, silly me," Chanyeol knocked on his head lightly, still smiling brightly towards her.
 
"Uhm excuse me," one of the workers of the store came up to the two, with a list in his hand. "Please check your name here so that we'll be able to sign you up with your partner to a table."
 
"But i don-"
 
Cutting off Ara's word, Chanyeol wrapped an arm around Ara's shoulder. "We're entering as a couple."
 
"Alright then, tick your name and state your partner's name on the blank box."
 
Ara blinked for a couple of times, dumbfounded with what just happened.
 
"Here you go,"
 
"Thank you, you two could go to…" his eyes roamed around the place, searching for an empty table when he spotted one just near the window. "There, that spot's empty."
 
"Thank you then," Chanyeol dorkily saluted towards him, grabbing Ara's wrist before dragging her along with him.
 
 
------
 
 
"What just happened?"
 
"You joined with me as a couple."
 
"…"
 
"Please don't freak out now, i did that since you didn't want to be partnered up with a stranger remember?" Chanyeol scratched his head as a response to the look that Ara gave him.
 
"But i barely know you too though…"
 
"Now i don't count as a stranger since i'm in your class, practically i'm your acquaintance," he beamed as he nodded.
 
"I guess… you're right."
 
"…I'm not gonna get slapped for this right?" Chanyeol exaggeratedly made a scared expression and somehow, it…made her hard to contain her smile. The nickname that she and her friends gave him is really suitable for him.
 
"Of course not, what do you think i am?"
 
"Phew, that's a relief."
 
"Now let the contest begin people!" the dj of the event suddenly changed to a woman and surprisingly, it was the woman whom Yoonjo introduced as the boss of the store earlier.
 
Within minutes, a huge sundae was placed on each couple's tables and damn it looked good.
 
"The rule of the first part of the contest is simple, you have to feed each other until the sundae is finished and you can't feed yourself with your hand got it? Only your partner can feed you, now isn't that romantic people~?"
 
"Oh god," Ara mentally face palmed herself, wishing that she shouldn't have came to the store today.
 
 
------
 
 
After managing to get through the second round where they had to finish a scoop of ice cream placed in the middle of the table just by using their mouth, which she let Chanyeol finish it off on his own when the judges weren't looking btw , here comes the hardest round of the contest.
 
And it's about to get real good from here on.
 
There were only three couples left and Ara's mind went blank after hearing the explanation of the round.This time they were given two scoops of ice creams for each couple and they would have to find a couple ring in each of the scoops, just buy using their mouth of course.
 
Heh.
 
(Tongue action? *slapped*)
 
Ara nervously stood at the position which she was assigned to, making her now facing Chanyeol who seemed unfazed by the whole thing and instead, looking all excited.
 
"Ready? Go!"
 
Not wanting to disappoint the crowd, and most importantly 'him', Ara took a deep breath and just closed her eyes as her lips touched the cold and sweet substance that was in front of her. It just happens to be her favourite flavour of all, chocolate.
 
,
 
,
 
Bite,
 
,
 
,
 
Bite,
 
And touch.
 
It was then she felt an electric jolt though out her body. Her eyes opened automatically and she, once again froze on spot. Not because of the ice cream, not because of a brain freeze,
 
But because of his lips, that slightly brushed on hers.
 
Everyone went on cheering for them and before she could even know it, Chanyeol had already pulled away and continued on eating the ice cream and not long after that, he had already found the first ring.
 
"Our second couple had already found the first ring! And oh, what is this, the girl is blushing because of the kiss? Oho, could it that it was your first kiss earlier?" the dj enthusiastically spoke on the microphone and it really wasn't helping Ara for one bit.
 
"Come on, let's move on to our second ice cream, we can do this!" his smile never faltered from his face and it was his voice that made Ara snapped out of the trance.The two continued on eating the second ice cream and luckily, their lips didn't touched this time.
 
Well, it didn't but…
 
Really touched and touched is a different thing right?
 
Cause when they found the second ring, their lips really touched this time.
 
This time, it wasn't the sound of a heart skipping a beat. But two hearts.
 
"And so the winners for the contest goes to the second couple!"
 
 
------
 
 
"W-We won Ara-ssi," he slightly stuttered, refusing to even meet her eyes as he gave her the membership card that they won. Ara on the other hand too of course refused to meet his eyes after what happened earlier. She knew what she felt earlier and damn it scared her.
 
"Yes, all thanks to you Chanyeol," she slowly took the card from him and slipped it inside her pocket.Silence once again conquered the atmosphere between the two and Ara, decided to break it off.
 
"I guess that's it, it's getting pretty late now…"
 
"Uh yes, see you tomorrow at class…" the before hyper guy is now shyly nodding his head to what Ara was saying. How cute.
 
"Uhm bye," she waved a bit to him before heading out of the store, leaving Chanyeol behind. Just when she thought that she had peace, after a couple of minutes walking away from the store, a hand suddenly grabbed
hers from behind,
 
And it was the same touch that she felt earlier,
 
"C-Can i have your number Ara-ssi..?"
 
"O-Oh, sure."
 
Who knew that ice creams could lead to something like this?
 
 
Author's Note - Kay bye.