one ;

Pastel

 one ; 


 

Seoul University of the Arts is one of the most pretigious and well-known colleges in all of Asia. Hundreds of young students strive to become eligible for applying to such a well rounded school. However, from the day of its beginning, this fine college has only been accepting males; females were not allowed to apply. While this went on for many years, quite an amount of people started to protest of such an unfair acceptance and diligently worked to lift this restriction.

Now, after many months of trying, their goal has been achieved.

However, the transition of an all boys' school to making it a coeducational school has been quite difficult. New dorms had to be made for the new female students, as well as separate showers and locker rooms. With the school's large budget, this task was relatively easy, and the process only took about a year. With all of these changes completed, males and females can finally study together at Seoul University of the Arts.

Making the ratio of males and females attending the school equal has proved to be quite the challenge. The school only accepts about one hundred students every year, and to be fair (or maybe not fair?) they must accept about fifty girls and fifty boys. Because of this, there shall only be about fifty girls coming into the school, and they would all be in the same grade. Unfortunately for the second and third years, they shall not have the lucky experience of mingling with the opposite . And, unfortunately for the new female students, they shall be surrounded by three hundred boys (and those are only the average amount of students in one grade; therefore making six hundred other boys for them to face as well). Seoul University of the Arts shall try their hardest to make the girls' new environment as comfortable as they can, but exactly how comfortable can this get when they are surrounded by boys?

It just so happens that one of the lucky females accepted into this school is Kang Jin, majoring in cinematography and minoring in photography.

It also happens to be the day of her arrival at Seoul University of the Arts.

At the moment, she is rolling her purple suitcase along the sidewalk, munching on a sweet bun. Passerby stare at her and then look away once they regard the state of her hair. While it is common to see the occasional girl with strangely dyed hair, it still is a bit unsettling for some. To add to the peculiarity of it, her hair isn't just bleached or dyed a slightly unnatural color. No; her hair is a light pink. Light pink like the color of a baby's blanket, or cotton candy, or maybe even those light pink nail polishes a person would normally see inside their local store. And yet, at the same time, the light pink of her hair was unlike anything a person could see. It glowed in the sunlight with an eerie shine, and of course this would make many people uncomfortable. It certainly made the old woman sitting next to her on the bus quite uncomfortable, but did Jin mind? Of course not. She never does, anyway.

It really doesn't matter what those people think, as long as what she thinks is what the ones she cares about think is right.

"Hey, cotton candy girl, where are you going? Huh?"

Jin sighs and rolls her suitcase along with her just a bit faster, clutching onto her half-eaten bun just a bit tighter. It's those boys again. She really shouldn't let them get to her. She always tells herself this, but does it lessen her fear and anxiety? No, it doesn't, so she just grits her teeth and continues through her day. They're only a couple of high schoolers, fresh out of their first year, and she's letting them get to her like this. It irritates her to no end, but she can't bring herself to make one of her witty remarks like she usually does (she only tells herself this; she usually doesn't).

"Hey, we asked you a question, miss!" they sneer, mocking her with their beady eyes.

What dirty rats.

She can't do anything about it.

Jin purses her lips and moves onward. If only she could walk just a bit faster. The large and intimidating iron wrought gates of her new university are only a block away. She just has to ignore what they are saying until then. They're probably going to follow her like they did last time, and the time before that, and the time before that...

They follow her, as suspected.

"Why's your hair that color, anyway?"

"Only dolls have that color. You're an ugly troll, you know that?"

"Hey. Talk to us, cotton candy girl. Aren't you gonna say anything?

Oh, there it goes. Her patience disappears in a flurry of smoke and leaves a trail of dust behind it. She has snapped, and her sweet bun falls to the ground. What a waste.

"This isn't a good shot. It isn't good at all."

They stare at her strangely as they fidget inside their over-sized shoes that supposedly look cool these days. Something is definitely wrong. They have definitely done something wrong this time. Cotton candy girl has never retaliated before. What's going on now? The boys wait a bit longer, eyeing her with contempt - but deep down inside those stupid eyes, their is a bit of wariness. Jin can see it, and she feeds of it and lets her confidence grow.

"You," she snaps, pointing her dainty finger at the tall boy with the big nose, "are too big. You're blocking the sunlight and it's making the whole scene look dark and faded."

The boy shrinks before their very eyes - his ego has been shredded to pieces.

"And you!" Jin storms in front of the second boy. She barely towers over him with her short height, but looks just as intimidating as his mom when he makes her angry. Oh, the horror!

"You don't compliment the setting at all," she says, staring his outfit up and down. The colors don't match at all, and she is irked.

Finally, her round eyes land on the last boy. They aren't exactly scared, so to speak, but she is definitely creeping them out a bit more than they're used to. Alarm bells are going off in their heads and they know that it's time to stop messing with this crazy nut (she's not actually crazy, she's just a bit agitated).

"You're supposed to say 'going to'," she whispers like she's telling a secret, "not 'gonna.' "

And with that, she picks up her fallen sweet bun (she is crying inside) and carefully places it inside the nearest trash can. She is still fuming with anger - how dare they mess with her zen - and her surroundings aren't exactly sinking in yet. Everything is just a mix of lavender and sky blue and her mind is thinking of the perfect shot, with light colors spinning around the sky and happy emotions floating through the air, and then-

"Did you really think we'd let you speak to us like that?"

Anger turns into fear and she finds herself shoved against a hard wall. What the hell. How did she even get here? The rough bricks scratch at her back and she could have sworn that she was surrounded by civilization just a minute ago. All that surrounds her now is a bunch of walls. Did they really just shove her into an alley? Oh dear god.

She lifts her chin up defiantly and tries her hardest not to tremble. Hopefully, her eyes can't showcase her fear.

The boys grin maliciously at her, their hands itching to get a shot at her pretty little face. How dare she insult them in public like that! She seemed strong before, but now she looks vulnerable and scared. Now they are the ones who are strong. They have power over her now, and all in the world is right again (that's what they think).

Their supposed leader - the boy who couldn't get his grammar straight - walks up to her and lifts up his arm. Jin clenches her fists and tries not to flinch. She fails.

"You . This is what you get for messing with us!"

A harsh slap resonates across the narrow space; it is so powerful that her head whips to the side, and the two other boys stare in disbelief. He just hit a girl.

He just hit a girl.

This bastard just hit a girl.

"Hey, man. Stop," they begin suddenly, clutching at his arms and forcing a few laughs; they don't want him to get angry at them, too.

He only grins at them and shakes his head. The boys feel a sense of strange foreboding gnawing at their sides, and they plead even louder. This is messed up. This is so messed up. They become nervous as he slaps her a few more times. Why isn't she resisting?

Jin only grits her teeth and lets the pain come. She is afraid. She is so afraid, and she fears that if she retaliates, it will only hurt more.

She knows that she should seriously be running. She knows that she doesn't deserve this at all. What the hell did she do? Jin only lectured them. She's pretty sure that it doesn't require a handful of slaps to the face. Jin is pissed, but she's too afraid to do anything. Self-hatred claws at her head because she knows she is a coward. Damn.

The other two boys are a bit terrified at their friend's behavior. They don't know if they should save the girl. She isn't screaming, after all. Maybe it doens't hurt that much. Besides, if he gets in trouble, they'll get some punishment, too. Guilt is pushed to the backs of their minds as they flee. Okay, then. Go ahead, don't save the girl that's practically getting abused right in front of you!

At least he's not touching her camera.

"What the hell are you doing?"

And so the light in the darkness has come.

It is Oh Sehun, the poker-faced badass that has girls falling at his feet every minute of the day. Jin is not one of them.

He flicks the invisible dust off of his shoulder and regards the scene before him with a condescending glare. The boy snorts and turns around, about to beat the out of whoever dared to interrupt him, until-

It's Oh Sehun, the poker-faced badass that has girls falling at his feet every minute of the day. This boy is one of them (even though he's not a girl).

"H-hyung?" the pitiful high school student squeaks out.

Sehun's brows furrow as he takes a step forward, saying quietly, "Who are you to call me hyung? I don't even know you."

The boy walks a bit closer to his idol - Sehun takes a step back, regarding him in disgust - and says in a voice similar to that of a whimper, 'Don't you remember me? At that-"

"No," he interrupts. "I don't remember trash like you. Now get out of here."

The boy whimpers this time.

"I don't want to see your face again. Go."

And so the boy runs away with tears running out of his eyes. Jin wants to feel bad but the stinging of her cheeks tell her otherwise. She is about to thank the mysterious stranger until she takes a look at his face. Oh my god. She is pretty sure that the guy in front of her is perfectly aware of her checking him out, but it doesn't seem that he minds. In fact, it looks like he's relishing in her gaze almost arrogantly. Jin wants to look him in the face and give him a proper thank you just so he knows she isn't some mindless fangirl, but wow. His face is the perfect shape and his birthmarks are in just the right places and is that a scar she sees on his cheek? What a perfect imperfection. It doesn't help that he has the body of a manga character.

Jin's fingers are itching for the camera around her neck. She decides that his face is too good to let go.

"Well? Aren't you going to thank me?" he asks cockily, raising his eyebrow.

Jin decides that she will probably hate his personality, but who is she to judge? She lifts up her camera and looks at him with wide eyes.

"Let me take a picture of you. Please?"

Sehun laughs, raising his chin just a bit higher, "Well, if you insist, but-"

Click.

"Wait. That was uncalled for."

Jin tilts her head. She takes a look at his face before looking at the screen on her camera, scrutinizing every little detail. Shaking her head, she adjusts the lighting a bit with the settings. It only leaves her feeling even more irritated.

"You're right. The lighting is just fine but the angle needs to be changed a bit. Hold on."

She frowns and moves a lot closer than what he is used to - she's practically in his face. What, does she wnat a kiss? He laughs evilly.

"Oh, I see. So that's what you-"

Click.

"What the hell. I wasn't ready!"

She shoves the screen in his face before he can complain any longer. He's about to snap a witty remark at her - what the hell is up with this girl? But the picture in front of him has him speechless. He doesn't want to sound like a self-centered prick (well, he already is), but damn. He looks really y.

"There. That's better isn't it? Well, I have to go. And thank you!"

Sehun expects her to walk off in the other direction as they come out of the alley, where the all girls' high school is. It's strange that she's not wearing her uniform, but she seemed like a weird girl to begin with. And it's not like it's his problem.

But then he finds her walking a few paces behind him, twiddling her fingers and glancing at him with a look mixed with anxiety and a bit of hope (not that he was staring at her or anything). He thinks it's a bit cute, but it's not like he's going to admit that to anyone, especially her. Sehun is a bit irritated; he doesn't even know her name. Why does she need to be any of his business? She doesn't. So why does he feel like she is? Alright, he's nervous. Oh Sehun is never nervous. What is this?

"Um."

He clears his throat. Sticks his hands in his pockets. Tries to look cool. Looks at her and says, "Hey."

The girl looks up slowly. The anxiety turns into hope and he's starting to regret his decision, but the words are tumbling out of his mouth clumsily and he's upset because he's never been tongue-tied in front of a girl before-

"Come over here."

It's a command that she knows she shouldn't disobey, so she grips her suitcase just a bit tighter and stumbles over, trying not to look too stupid.

There are iron wrought gates, open and practically welcoming her in with its wide embrace. She is too engrossed in the scenery and architecture of the grand building to notice the building crowd of curious boys peeking through the windows and hiding behind the bushes.

 

 author's note ; 

don't worry once i start something i usually finish it even if takes me three years