Chapter 1 : DAY 1

HyukHae and the Aftermaths of the Zombie Apocalypse

“Appa, don’t leave me here. I want to go with you.” Donghae pleaded and used his best puppy eyes in front of his father.

 

“No Hae. It’s Dangerous.” His father answered while loading his guns with bullets.

 

“Right, let us go with the both of you.” Hyukjae tried.

 

“No, Hyukjae. The both of you will stay here.” Hyukjae’s father sternly said. And hugged him. “Take care, son. Appa loves you.” Hyuk’s father said before pulling out an injection filled with benzodiazepine and shot it on Hyuk’s arm. Donghae saw it.

 

“What the H-..” Donghae wasn’t able to finish what he was about to say because he already collapsed in his father’s arms.

 

“I’m sorry, son.” Their fathers said in chorus before closing the door.

----

 

“Agh.” Hyuk groaned and started hitting his forehead with his palm. Was he drunk last night? He blinked his one lidded eyes and scanned the room. Luggage, some clothes and a sleeping Donghae.

 

What? A sleeping Donghae?

 

Then the scene last night played back in his mind.

The Apocalypse, their fathers.

 

“.” He mumbled under his breath and stood up. He went closer to Donghae.

 

“Donghae, wake up. Donghae.” Hyuk said shaking the others body.

 

“Mnn..”

 

“Donghae.”

 

“What?” Donghae asked in a hoarse voice and rubbed his eyes.

 

“Donghae…appa.” Hyuk started.

 

“What?!” Donghae shouted before standing up and opening the door.

 

Hyuk sighed and walked over the luggage. When he opened it, he found it was filled with guns and a couple of small boxes filled with bullets. He was about to close the bag when he found a note.

 

 

Hyukjae,

                   Take  the  guns  and  protect  yourselves. Whatever  happens  to us,  take  care  of  Donghae  and  yourself.  I love you , Hyukjae. Remember that.    –Dad

 

 

Hyukjae flipped the note and found another message.

 

 

Hyukjae,

              I know you and Donghae always fight. But please, son. Donghae might look brave and strong on the outside but he’s softie inside. Please don’t leave him no matter what. I’m counting on you. – Uncle

 

 

I’m counting on you.

I’m counting on you.

 

 

Hyuk sighed. He stood up and carried the luggage with him.

He opened the door and followed Donghae outside the building.

 

“Where are they?” Donghae said, more like asking himself.

-

“Appa! Appa! Where are you? Appa! Answer me!” Hae roared, followed by sniffs.

 

“Hae, calm down.” Hyuk demanded.

 

Donghae threw a death glare at Hyukjae.

 

“Calm down? Hyukjae, my father went out last night to kill zombies and I was freaking sleeping the whole night and you’re telling me to calm down?!”

 

“Hae, My father.. went out to kill zombies with your father too. You’re not the only one. I know what you feel.”

 

“But I can’t just stand here and do nothing! I. need .too.find him.”

 

“Hae, Donghae.” Hyuk took a deep breath. “You want to find your father, right?”

 

Donghae nodded.

 

“If you want to find him, calm down and stay alive. I want to find my father too, Hae. And I don’t want to argue about this.”

 

Hae nodded and wiped his tears. “Sorry.”

 

“I’m sorry for raising my voice too.” Hyukjae said and looked away.

 

“How can we find them?” Donghae asked.

 

“Right now, I have no idea.” Hyuk confessed. Then he heard a stomach growl. “Hey, are you hungry?”

 

Hae nodded and touched his tummy. “Uh, yeah.”

 

Hyuk checked on his watch. 2:55 p.m.

 

“Let’s go to the mart.” Hyuk said and pulled Donghae with him.

 

The mart is isolated. The glasses were shattered so it was easy for the two guys to get inside.

 

“Hyukjae, are you sure this is fine? Because the last time I checked, this is stealing.”

 

Hyuk rolled his eyes. “You told me you’re hungry. Are you going to eat or not? If you are, shut up and eat as much food as you can. And if you’re not, starve to death, then.”

 

Hae pouted. “Grumpy monkey.”

 

“I heard that.” Hyuk glared at Hae and the latter just stuck his tongue out.

 

-

PS, FEED ME WITH COMMENTS. 

I NEED IDEAS ;u;