02.

Secret Mission

 


 

 

Kim Jongdae. Kim Minseok. Kim Jongin.

Kim Jongdae. Kim Minseok. Kim Jongin.

The names don’t stop ringing in Sehun’s mind and somehow he thinks he’s heard them even before he was assigned their case. It wasn’t from the news because Sehun doesn’t watch the news. Too depressing, even for him. But he can’t really pinpoint where he heard them.

It’s weird though because those three are the kind of people to just crash parties more often than not and also the kind that lays low and yet they’re pretty famous altogether.

Sehun sighs and goes over the case one more time, it’s near two in the morning and his laptop is already signalizing low battery.

Things don’t add up. Why would a gang accept orders from an outsider? It could be money but it could also be something else. He needs to talk with one of them again, probably Jongin, he seems easier to extract information from. In Sehun’s words, he just seems dumber than the other two.

“What are you doing?”

Sehun looks up to face a sleepy Luhan dressed in one of his oversized shirts.

“Work…”

“Figured.”

“I’ll be right there.”

Luhan turns away and Sehun catches a glimpse of his bare . Let’s just say he doesn’t bother closing his browser tabs.

 

 

 

“Your face…”

“Yeah you’ve met me before.”

“Huh…where from?”

“From that…party…” Sehun forgot the host’s name. It wasn’t relevant before and right now he’s not even sure Jongin would know either.

“Yeah…no. Sorry.” Jongin turns away.

“Sehun.”

Jongin looks over his shoulder and scans the other carefully from head to toe smirking when they lock gazes.

“Kai.”

For some reason Sehun didn’t expect Jongin to use a fake name. He really must not trust him at all.

“Pleasure.” Sehun extends a hand but Jongin doesn’t take it.

“What do you want Sehun?”

“I want in.”

“Oh hell no.” Kris’ voice chides. “That is not going to work! Besides I don’t pay you for undercover--”

Sehun manages to turn the earpiece off without looking too suspicious. He knows he’ll get beheaded by Kris later but he needs some quiet to focus now.

“Oh yeah?”

“Yeah.”

“In on what?”

“I’m sure you know what I’m talking about.”

Jongin looks at him shiftily and backs away a step.

“I have no idea what you're talking about.” He starts to turn again but Sehun grabs his arm. He isn’t going to let him go like this. If he goes he won’t get another chance.

“Please…I really need the money.”

Jongin looks at him wearily.

“I can’t help you Sehun.” Jongin curls his name on his tongue as if he doesn’t believe himself that it’s Sehun’s real name and leaves. It leaves the younger thinking that maybe this wasn't the right aproach.

 

 

“.” Sehun says the moment he enters the room where Kris and Junmyeon are. Kris’ frown is on but Sehun is just far more into finding out who’s behind the robberies to worry about it. He’s probably madder at himself than Kris is.

“I’m assigning someone else for the case.” The other speaks when sehun slumps on his chair.

“What? No!” He gets up again immediately. “I can do it.”

“I think that window’s closed already.”

“Kris please,” Sehun gets near, almost daring to grab Kris’ collar but stopping himself before he did. “I’ll find the guy and kill him with my own hands.” He says hating how it sounds and how it makes him look.

Cold.

Kris gives him a tired expression and leaves without saying anything else and Sehun knows that’s his way of marking his words. If Kris doesn’t fight it, it’s because he won’t budge on his word.

“He can’t do this…” Sehun turns to Junmyeon who’s quiet and looking sort of sad and it suddenly makes Sehun feel like he’s the monster there.

 

 

Wasn’t he always the monster though. Wasn’t he a monster all along.

 

 

When he gets home everything is blurry and foggy and too bright and Luhan looks…distorted, but between all of his eyes misconceptions he can still tell the older is mad and Sehun couldn’t care less. He keeps his route to the kitchen but Luhan steps in front of him easily grabbing him by the shoulders.

“Are you drunk?” He asks obviously.

“ off.” Sehun tries to pry away but , he never realized his little boyfriend was that strong.

“Is this what you do now?”

Sehun gets mad at this. It’s so typical for Luhan to judge him and say things like that. Like whatever Sehun does outside of that house has to be bad. Can’t a guy get a drink when he feels frustrated without getting bothered.

He knows Luhan doesn’t trust him. (But why should he though.)

Sehun does what he promised he’d never do in his life. He hurt Luhan and with more than just words. He pushed him with his arm so strongly that the back of his hand hit Luhan’s cheek quite harshly. He half expected Luhan to curl in himself but the older just grips tighter and looks back as intensely as before and Sehun measures up, taking advantage of his height, looking dead on into his eyes.

“I don’t need your Luhan.” He spits out.

And Luhan lets go. It’s to wonder, if he only let go of Sehun’s shoulders that moment or of everything else.

 

 

Monsters can’t love, it’s said. But Sehun loves Luhan. That should mean something.

 

 

“Sorry.” He says, leaning on his shoulder against the doorframe of the kitchen the morning after. It’s too short and too vague but he’s too ashamed to even talk.

Luhan looks at him and doesn’t say anything but his eyes are soft. Sehun wants to plead and kneel and apologize a hundred times but he knows Luhan all too well to know the older isn’t one of great gestures. Luhan relishes on the little things and those little things are also what hurt him the most.

“You know how I get when I drink.” Sehun attempts to pass it as something mundane and gets close to the older.

“Yeah, you turn into an .” Luhan unexpectedly says. Sehun closes the distance between the two with his hands on Luhan’s waist to bring him closer and presses a tentative kiss to his lips. It’s naïve but Luhan isn’t pushing away so Sehun heads for more, nipping at his bottom lip and trying to coax Luhan into his arms. But it doesn’t work. The older pulls away.

“Don’t be mad…” Sehun whisper against his cheek.

“I’m just tired.”

“I’m sorry.”

“Not as much as I am.”

 

 

Everything is literally falling apart but Sehun decides it’s better to let Luhan have some time alone. Maybe not what he needs but Sehun can’t find any of the right words he should say. It used to be so easy. Being with Luhan used to be easy…

 

 

He continues to work on the case even without permission. Lying on both ends, seems like recipe for disaster and it most likely is but Sehun prefers not to worry.

 

 

“I found their base.” He says to Kris several days after once he finally gets the right leads hoping the man will reconsider.

“Sehun you’re off the case-!”

“Here me out…” He interrupts. “I can go there and if their boss is there it’ll be my shot.”

“You’re off. The. Case.” Kris punctuates heavily looking all but happy and ignoring Sehun’s information.

“But Kris--!”

 

 

Sehun goes anyway. Might as well just end this. It’s eating him up and he can’t stand being at the house simply receiving Luhan’s cold shoulder, that is, when the older is even home or stay put doing nothing. Not when he’s so close.

He slides into Kris’ office as he knows the older keeps some of his guns there and takes two automatics checking if the magazines are full and adds a silencer to one of them.

Getting to the spot is easy. Getting in it’s the tricky part. Sehun was never the best at picking locks so he struggles a bit with the kit Junmyeon gave him on his birthday. He has to be quiet and invisible if he wants to get by unnoticed. He just needs a clear view of the guy behind this, the closer the better, and good aim. The last thing he’s assured to have so he just needs to worry if the other three won’t get in the way.

Once he’s in he can already hear voices echoing. It’s a storage container but not as big as Sehun expected so he has to be fast to hide if he doesn’t want to be seen. He hides behind several piled wooden boxes.

“Man…I can live the rest of my life without lifting a finger with this money.” Sehun recognizes Jongin’s voice.

“Have you ever lift a finger in your life?” It must be Jongdae.

Jongin’s laughter fills the room until someone tells him to quiet. Sehun takes the chance to peak and he sees half of Jongin’s body and Minseok’s face, the man probably crouching or sitting on something. Sehun grabs his gun and unlocks it. He goes further to the side since he can’t see anything properly from where he is and he realizes that the more he moves the closer he gets to them. He tries to crouch on the floor but his view gets blocked so he moves up instead and knocks something in the process. The small chattering stops and he knows he’s been found. There’s silence for lingered moments where he tries his best to hold his breath when suddenly the boxes are knocked off and a raged Jongin assaults him by the neck from behind, without giving him the chance to react, and drags him so everyone can see who it is.

Jongin lets him go when they reach where the others are and Sehun is quick to recover the power of his body and legs and points the gun in front of him at the first person he sees and…

“Luhan.” He can’t believe his eyes. They go as wide as they can. His hand starts to tremble but his instincts tell him to keep holding the gun to Luhan’s face.

“You were sent to kill me…” The older says calmly and Sehun doesn't understand how he could possibly know that. How any of this is possible. Sehun's mind is blank.

He can’t speak. He can’t breathe. He can’t…

Everything was a lie. He sees a jumbled mess of memories running through his brain, as he looks straight into Luhan's dark eyes, kisses, touches and ushered words and as quick as he remembers it, it gets shattered.

It seems impossible. It feels like a nightmare.

“Are going to do it?” The older asks, breaking Sehun’s train of thought, and he gets close letting Sehun’s gun touch his forehead. “Do what you have to do Sehun.” His calmness is unnerving and Sehun grips the gun harder.

“W-why?” He stutters. It’s the only answer he wants.

Luhan's lips twitch upwards.

“Everyone has secrets Sehunnie.”

 

 

Monsters live in the dark, it's said. And in the dark they should remain.

 


up to you to decide if someone dies or not lol sorry... forever at endings orz