2/2

When Lightning Strikes

After six years, the two have been very good friends with each other.

 

He still hasn’t moved on about her mother’s death. 

 

Junmyeon also found out that her mother’s will is that when she dies, she will transplant her eyes to him, so that he’ll be able to see the world. It was the best gift any son could ever have.

 

 

The first person, or not human, in his case, that Junmyeon wanted to see was none other than his only friend, Jongdae.

 

His blood had never felt ecstatic before, it felt like his heart was going to jump out of his ribcage as he thought of the fact that he was going to finally see Jongdae.

 

 

“W-Wow, Jongdae, you’re so handsome!” Junmyeon squealed happily while the rain splashing around him was on beat and had a happy feeling, which was unusual during rainy times.

 

“I know, I know,” Jongdae snickered which made Junmyeon roll his eyes.

 

“Can I touch your face?”

 

“No! Do you want to die?” Junmyeon frowned. The rain had gotten stronger, again.

 

Jongdae sighed, “Junmyeon, stop being sad and stop being bipolar. You know I can’t touch you, nor you can’t touch me. Not now, not tomorrow, not ever. As much as I would want to, I can’t, and it .”

 

Now that Junmyeon can already see, there was one thing he wanted to do—to touch Jongdae. Not in a erted way, but in a sweet way. He wanted to let Jongdae feel his heartbeat, to feel his heart that was beating for him… but that was impossible.

 

‘Why should all the things I need be so hard to get? All I needed was to feel him; I never got to feel anyone’s touch since mom died. All of them were avoiding me, and Jongdae was the only one who kept me company. Why, of all people, should Jongdae be the one I am forbidden to touch?’

 

Days passed by, Junmyeon escapes from his hellhole he forced to call home, and meet up every day with Jongdae—at the rooftop of his former school.

Lightning can be seen, thunder can be heard, and raindrops can be felt when the two are together.

 

 

Junmyeon still doesn’t know why his mother told him he was special. There wasn’t anything extraordinary about him, well, except his intelligence quotient, but it wasn’t significant compared to Jongdae’s powers to control the electricity. It was puzzling him.

 

“You’re special because you can control the rain,” Jongdae said simply, as if he read the latter’s mind.

 

Junmyeon thought about it. Can he really control the rain? If he was special like that, then why was he a human? Why wasn’t he a god… or a prince like Jongdae? Why was he suffering?

 

“Are you sure? Then can I touch you?” Jongdae palmed his face at his friend’s persistence.

 

“No.”

 

Junmyeon sulked, “Why? You said I can control the rain, but why can’t I touch you?”

 

“Because I’m lightning and you’re water, we shouldn’t even be together.”

 

But Junmyeon didn’t hear it since thunder suddenly roared when Jongdae spoke.

 

 

 

Junmyeon snapped back to the present. He realized that the rain calmed down to a drizzle, but the faint glow of the clouds coming from the lightning was still visible.

 

“Because I’m lightning and you’re water, we shouldn’t even be together,” Junmyeon uttered, as if he was visualizing how Jongdae said it the first time. He looked at Jongdae, sadness visible in his dark brown orbs.

 

“Wh-What are you trying to tell me, Jongdae?”

 

The rain abruptly poured as Junmyeon’s tears were about to fall out of his eyes.

 

‘Years had passed but I still haven’t touched you,

 

“I-I’m not coming back again here. It’s for your own good.” Jongdae stuttered.

 

‘So that’s how my life will end, alone?’

 

Junmyeon didn’t utter any word. The silence between the two was deafening, nothing but the forceful drops of the rain and the grumble coming from the clouds were heard.

 

Jongdae broke the ice by finally uttering something.

 

“I’m sorry, Junmyeon. I know, it has been years since we met, and—I’m sorry if I’m leaving. I-I didn’t want this to happen, but the sooner we won’t see each other, the easier you’ll get over me…”

 

 “I guess I won’t be able to do anything, right?” Jongdae nodded.

 

“You have the best and the worst timing ever.” Junmyeon wiped the tears falling from his eyes while trying to smile.

 

“I was supposed to be emotional because I was always being taken advantage of at the asylum, but then you came and now you’re the cause of my sadness.” Junmyeon chuckled, but Jongdae showed no signs of emotion.

 

“Can I at least hug you as a sign of gratitude and farewell?” A hopeful glint appeared in Junmyeon’s eyes.

 

 “I’m sorry, but the answer is still no.” Jongdae turned around and was supposed to fly back to his home when…

 

“Jongdae!”

 

Jongdae turned around and found Junmyeon’s lips on his; all he felt was bliss.

 

Junmyeon hugged Jongdae as his lips were locked into Jongdae’s; all he felt was pain…and contentment.

 

‘Why does it feel so good, when it hurts so badly?’

 

 

 

---

 

Do Kyungsoo, after a long day, plopped himself on the couch and reached for the remote control.

 

“Breaking News: A patient named Kim Junmyeon from Incheon Asylum has escaped and was found dead yesterday at the rooftop of Incheon Academy. The doctors concluded that the patient’s cause of death was by lightning; the patient was suffering schizophrenia, a mental disease wherein a patient becomes delusional and—“

 

Kyungsoo turned the television off; it was going to be another long day for him tomorrow.

 

“J-Junmyeon…you pabo. How could you remember Jongdae only, and not me?” Kyungsoo held back his tears and asked as he opened a piece of folded photo in his wallet; it was a picture of him and Junmyeon smiling happily on the front, and on the back it wrote—

 

Jongdae, Junmyeon and Kyungsoo best friends forever.

 

 

~~~

My first completed fic and I already killed Suho. What did I just write? ;-;

A little bit delayed, I'm sorry! The internet was ish and it kept on raining a lot here.