002 (Warning- Blood!)

Shedding Tears

Yonghwa crashed through the door, relieved to be seperated from the cold outdoors. It wasn't much warmer inside, but it was better than nothing! He gingerly set his soaked shoes down in the corner, careful not to ruin the floors. Normally, an average teen would care less about making the house dirty.

"Just let Mom take care of it!."

That would be their motto.

But Yonghwa was different. He had much more responsibility in his house, because he was the mom around here.

Abandoned at a young age of ten, he and his little sister- who was barely old enough to sit up- had been living in an orphanage for two years. The food was usually expired, and the employees would beat them, but they weren't complaining. Eventually, the orphanage shut down due to child abuse, and that was when Yonghwa had developed his independence. 

Although he knew that having his sister would just be another mouth to feed, he never came across the thought of abandoning her. Not like how his mother did.

After a few days of stealing food to eat, begging, and sometimes to the extent of looking inside a garbage can, he came across an abandoned trailer. At the time, nothing was working- not the lights, the bathroom, or the heater. But with a few screws and plenty of duck tape, he managed to take care of two people, by himself for five years.

 

"Yeon Hee, I'm home!" He called out. "Sorry I'm so late!"

He glanced around the trailer, that seemed to be empty. "...Yeon Hee? Where are you?"

"I'm hiding!" A voice whispered from inside the bed sheets. Yonghwa grinned, playing along. "Is that so? Oh wherever can my Yeon Hee be?" He chimed.

A giggle could be heard from under the couch. "Find me!"

"Hmm," Yonghwa walked over the awfully noticeable lump in the bed. "My my, I'm awfully tired, today!" He yawned. "I think I'll take a break." He gently pounced onto the bed, letting out a big, hearty, laugh.

Yeon Hee squealed as she tried to get out of the covers.

"Oppa, you're so heavy!" She whined.

Yonghwa smiled. "Oh? Is that my dear Yeon Hee's voice I hear?"

Yeon Hee giggled. "Oppa, you're so silly sometimes- I'm right down here!" A small head poked out of the covers. "Peek-a-boo!" She sticks her tongue out at Yonghwa. He smiled, doing the same; "Peek-a-boo!"

Yeonhee slided off the bed. "I missed you!" She tightly hugged Yonghwa's leg. "Why'd you come so late?" Yonghwa crouched down, kneeling in front of Yeon Hee. "Were you scared?" He apologetically ruffled her hair.

She stared down at the floor. "I thought... I thought you left me," she stared into his eyes. "Like how Mommy did." Yonghwa was left speechess, taken aback. Instead of answering, he pulled her in his arms for a hug. "I'll never leave you," he promised, his voice soft. "I'll always protect you, so don't worry about a thing." Yeon Hee rested her head on Yonghwa's shoulder. 

"Oppa?"

"What is it?"

"I love you."

Yonghwa bit his lip. "I love you too." He gave her a brief kiss on the cheek before standing up. "Let's go prepare dinner! Are you hungry?"

Her face immediately brightened up. "Yup! Let's eat!"

He smiled. "That's my girl."

 

"Aah..." Yonghwa flopped onto the bed, taking up all the space. Yeon Hee pouted. "Hey... leave some space for me!" Yonghwa shifted to the right, giving space for her. She snuggled deeply into the blankets, right next to Yonghwa. "Goodnight..." she yawns, half asleep. Yonghwa slowly closed his eyes, succumbing to the darkness as well.

Yonghwa's eyes twitched before slowly opening. His head was pounding, and he felt sick. He gazed around the room. He wasn't in his bed, that's for sure. Instead, he was lying on the floor. Is this another horrid dream?  He thought, sitting up. Yonghwa wrinkled his nose as something familiar lingered into his nose. "There's that terrible stench again," he muttered, grimacing at the foul odor. He gazed around the room. It appeared to be his own trailer. Although relieved, he felt a strange sense of fear creeping up on him. Something was wrong.

He cautiously stood up, staggering a bit from dizziness. As he neared the bed, something caught his eye. He gasped in horror. "Is that... blood?" He breathed, staring intently at the pool of blood, smeared all over the carpeted floor. This is a dream, this is a dream, this is a dream,  He told himself, as he pinched his arms several times. Nevertheless, he proceeded to crawl over to the corner of the room. The foul stench was even more powerful than before. Yonghwa's stomach churned, but he tried his best not to disgorge what little food he had in his stomach. Just what is back here?!

He peeked behind the bed, but he regret overtook his body immediately. He froze, unable to look away. "Y-Yeon hee..." His eyes bulged out, and he started trembling uncontrollably. She was slathered in blood from her raw cuts, and it was hard to tell if that was actually her.

I ran over to her after snapping out of it. "Y-Yeon hee!" I cried, kneeling over her. "What happened to you?!"

twitched, as if she was trying to say something. "M-monster..." She spluttered. "Monster... stay away."

He felt a pang hit him on the chest- hard. "Yeon hee..." He nervously laughed. "W-what are you talking about?"

"Stay away..."

As Yonghwa reached over to Yeon Hee, he noticed his hands. They were painted with dried blood. He felt his blood run cold.

He backed away slowly.

"No..." He breathed, shaking his head- unable to admit this was actually happening. "This... this isn't real."

His eyes brimmed with tears. "This isn't happening..."