A Day Out

A Day Out

 

Himchan sat at the table, pinching at his mask and tapping his foot. It was nice to get out like this, but it was a bit nerve-wrecking. He felt like someone would recognize him at any moment and he didn’t want to cause a scene. He glanced around him, checking once again to see if anyone was staring at him. Nope, not that time either.

“You really should relax hyung,” came a soothing voice from behind him.

Whipping his head around, Himchan turned to a smiling Jongup holding two cups in his hands.

“Ah, Jongupshi. Don’t scare me like that,” Himchan chuckled, trying to play it off.

“I don’t know why you’re so worried hyung,” Jongup smiled through his mask, sitting down across from the other male. “Nobody’s going to recognize us.”

Himchan nodded, not really accepting Jongup’s reassurance.

“Here,” the younger boy handed him a cup. “One Americano.”

“Gomawo,” Himchan said, beaming under his mask.

They lifted their masks from the bottom, sipping from their coffees slowly. It wasn’t often that they were able to go out and relax, hang out. It felt good sitting there with Jongup, silently drinking and enjoying the calm, quiet aura of the café surrounding them. Just the two of them sitting there, acting like they were any two regular guys. It was great.

“Himchan-hyung?”

“Hmm?” Himchan voiced, looking up from his Americano.

“I’m glad we did this today.”

Himchan could see the innocent smile through the other male’s mask. Himchan smiled himself; Jongup really was the sweetest guy.

“Jongupshi, come here,” he whispered, leaning in.

“O-okay,” Jongup hesitantly leaned in towards Himchan.

“Take your mask off, I want to kiss you.”

The younger male sat up straight almost immediately.

“Bu-but hyung! I thought you didn’t want to be recognized. Kissing would attract attention!” Jongup hissed, the beginnings of a blush slightly visible at the top of his mask.

Himchan sighed, sitting up as well, “I guess you’re right. Here, at least let me do this.” He reached his leg out and hooked it around Jongup’s. “There, that’s fine right?”

The blush at the top of Jongup’s mask got deeper as the male looked down, saying, “Ye-yeah. That’s fine,” before picking up his cup and taking another sip. “Being with you like this is fine.”

Himchan rubbed his leg up and down Jongup’s, replying, “You really like teasing me, don’t you?”

 “Please wait until we’re alone, hyung,” Jongup smirked, taking another sip.

Sighing again, Himchan stilled his leg, “I don’t know if I can wait.”

“Then let’s hurry up and go home,” the younger male said with a smile.

“Let’s,” Himchan agreed, unhooking their legs and finishing up his Americano.

They stood up and hastily left the café, inconspicuously holding each other’s hands and looking forward to the rest of the day that lay before them.