drabble

Because he can't remember

 

 

She stood outside the small apartment, watching Kim Joonmyeon set up the Christmas tree with a smile on his face, his eyes twinkling, looking like the angel he is.

 

She stood outsidethe small apartment, not minding the cold air stinging her face. Not minding how the winter air seep through her skin because of the awfully thin clothes she’s wearing. Not even minding the stares, people were giving her. No, she didn’t care. It was all Kim Joonmyeon in her eyes. She didn’t care even though Kim Joonmyeon doesn’t know her existence, or rather, doesn’t remember. She simply, didn’t care.

 

She watched as Joonmyeon sipped his hot chocolate, probably filled with tiny marshmallows he loves so much. He would drink the sweet drink just because he doesn’t like coffee. Joonmyeon never did. And she remembers how he would stare at her in the occasional mornings when she feels drowsy and needs the boost of coffee. She remembers.

 

And she simply watched through the floor to ceiling window, how Joonmyeon turned his head towards her direction, even though he was startled because this is the first time he noticed her presence ever since she started to miss the things he doesn’t remembers. But she simply watched how Joonmyeon runs, away from the window to God knows where.

 

She was surprised when Joonmyeon goes out of the warm apartment with a jacket that she remembers wearing during the days when he still remembered along with a cup of hot chocolate with tiny marshmallows.

 

“Do you want to come in? You seem cold.”

 

Those were the words he said that led her back to the apartment, feeling nostalgic about everything because she remembers.

 

She noticed the eating utensils with the pig face that used to be hers because that’s how they organize their things, back when he still remembered.

 

“Do you let anyone you let in your house to use these?” She asks while holding up the pig faced bowl because she hopes he doesn’t. She hopes he remembered how much she hates it when other people use her things.

 

“Actually, you’re the first one that used that. I don’t even let my friends use that. I guess it’s really true how even things pick their owner.” He smiled genuinely as she felt relieved because Joonmyeon somehow knows.

 

She hugged him tight because she doesn’t want him to see her cry which startled the man that couldn’t remember.

 

“I-I’m sorry. I’m so sorry if I can’t remember. I’m sorry.” He said as sobs faded through the series of the words asking for unknown forgiveness.

 

And deep into the night, he cradles her as he cried along while embracing her with the familiar warmth even though the he, who was giving the warmth, is unfamiliar. But he tries. He really does. Because he knows everything that she remembers, deep inside his heart.

 

 

He knows even if he doesn’t remember.

 

 

A/N: sorry if it's too short ;n;