Little Miracles.

Little Miracles

The two young men are kneeling in front of the desk, bodies trembling and hands sweating. This is the fourth time they’ve been in this position, but it’s not less nerve-wrecking than the first time. In fact, this is probably the worst of all four situations.

Lee Soo Man stares at the pair, curious at what they could possibly be so sullen for. At Yixing’s suggestion, they’re even wearing the nicest suits they have, usually reserved for award shows. Both of their heads are bowed, but Kris’s is tilted forward slightly to look up at their boss.

No one wants to be the first to speak, Lee Soo Man really can’t since he doesn’t know the reason for the visit, so Kris finally straightens up and looks up, not quite meeting the older man’s eyes.

“We’re having a baby.” Unlike how he’s feeling, the statement comes out confidently, breaking the tension in the room. Predictably, Lee Soo Man’s eyebrows shoot up in surprise and he drops the pen he had previously been rolling in his hands. Yixing takes this as a cue to fully bow with his forehead touching the ground, and Kris follows his lead, slightly relieved that this is the last person they need to tell.

“I believe that we had a discussion, when you first came to me about your relationship, about being careful in order to avoid this.”

“I know, I know, this is all my fault,” Yixing whines miserably from the floor. Ever since they found out, he had been taking it the hardest, apologizing over and over to each person they had to tell.

“We had a slip up,” Kris says lowly. “And unfortunately, our slip up resulted in… this. But we’ve handled everything already. After the baby comes, he or she will be put up for adoption through a service that has signed a confidentiality waver, and our names won’t be released to the adoptive parents. We just ask for your cooperation in postponing the comeback.” Yixing looks up a little and smiles at Yifan, thankful that even in this situation, he still heeds to his leader duties.

Lee Soo Man shakes his head in disbelief and rummages through papers on his desk to find a list of phone numbers. “I really have no other choice, do I?” He picks up the phone and starts to dial. “I have several people I need to contact now so we can push everything back as soon as possible, but I want to see the two of you back in here tomorrow morning. Understand.”

“Yes, sir,” they both mumble, making full bows and moving to their feet.

“By the way,” their boss interjects as they make their way to the door. “When is Yixing due?”

Yixing blushes and looks at Yifan for help, “Actually, I’m n-“

“April 4th,” Yifan interrupts, eyes determinedly looking elsewhere. “I’m due April 4th.”

//

They’re having their first day off in weeks, and all Yifan wants to do is lie in bed all day, perhaps with his boyfriend. But the dancer appears to be still running off adrenaline from the previous night’s performance and won’t let Yifan lie in peace.

“Can’t we do other things?” Yixing asks, and he looks down at Yifan with those innocent eyes that usually have him giving in to his ever wish.

Usually.

“Not today, I’m tired.” His words are muffled into his pillow as he continues lying on his side, the sheets pulled up to his waist.

“Can you at least lay on your back, so I can use you?” Yifan opens one eye to send a non-threatening glare.

“I can’t sleep on my back.”

Yixing pouts. “What if we spoon, and I top?”

“As long as I don’t have to do any work.”

And that’s all the confirmation Yixing needs before he’s reaching into Yifan’s nightstand and pulling out a half-empty bottle of lube.

And neither of them realizes that Yixing forgot the until there’s no barrier to catch his release.

//

“If you keep frowning like that, you’ll have wrinkles.” Knowing how much Yifan cares about his appearance, Yixing’s comment has Yifan relaxing his features, if only a little bit. Changing his tone of voice, Yixing looks down at his feet. “I really am sorry, you know.”

“As I’ve told you for the past six and a half months, I’m at fault too. I know it slips your mind sometimes, and I should have reminded you.” He buries himself deeper in his blanket and pulls the body pillow closer.

“I know, but whenever I see you with that body pillow I want to viciously stab it because you don’t want to sleep with me anymore, but then I realize you probably don’t want to sleep with me anymore because I did this to you.”

Yifan looks at his beloved body pillow for a few seconds before deciding to push it off the bed and moving over for his boyfriend to join him.

Yixing stares at him in disbelief, long enough for Yifan to threaten to recant the offer. Snapping out of his daze, Yixing climbs into his bed and is caught off-guard again by his boyfriend’s long limbs wrapping around him.

“I should get you pregnant more often,” Yixing tries to joke.

“You say that as if I’ll ever allow you to top again.” Yifan snuggles even closer and at this close proximity Yixing can feel Yifan’s belly pressing against him. Testing his limits, he lightly runs a finger down Yifan’s ribs and rests a hand on the stretch skin covered by a large t-shirt.

He’s surprised when Yifan does nothing, but tense slightly, unused to the touch. For the past half year, the number one rule in the group was to NEVER mention Yifan’s pregnancy, especially in front of the man. He had even stopped leaving his bedroom after his stomach became too noticeable to hide under oversized t-shirts. He wasn’t too large though, in fact, bundled under blankets he looked just the same. Yixing supposes that’s why he never leaves the blankets, even on bathroom trips.

But Yixing knows that it’s not that Yifan is so adverse to children that he wants to hide the evidence of the on growing inside him, but he’s mortified that he’s the one having the baby. He’s thought about kids with Yixing, they’ve been dating long enough for him to consider it, but all visions had him and Yixing in reverse positions.

“We’re doing the right thing, aren’t we?” Yixing chews on his lip as he runs his hand over the warm skin. “Should we keep it,” he cringes as this word, but they agreed to not know the in order to detach themselves a bit, “and maybe let one of our parents help?”

“Even if our parents were to help, how often would we be able to visit? Wouldn’t it just be angry at us for being close but not close enough for us to parent? This is a gift. For both the parents and the baby.” Yifan leans over to kiss Yixing on his lips for what seems like the first time since they found out. “But after our career is further along and we’re more financially independent, we can try again, alright?”

Yixing shrugs and nods, prompting Yifan to put his chin on top of the dancer’s head and rub a comforting hand up and down his back. “I’m sorry,” he mumbles again.

“Don’t be. We created a miracle. We’re just not ready right now.”

And for the first time in months, they fall asleep in each other’s arms.

//

After the birth of their child (a girl, the doctor proclaims) they’re given a full week off before Yifan is supposed to start his diet and join the others in preparing for their comeback. 

Instead of traveling like the company suggested, the two have their own little vacation in the dorm while the others are out. They play Monopoly (for a full 4 hours), watch Korean dramas they can’t really understand, and take embarrassing pictures of each other.

On the last night of their mini vacation, they cuddle in bed, body pillow long forgotten in the corner of the room, and make idle talk of their album concept. Yifan insists that nothing can ever be more embarrassing than the silver shirt he had to wear in the “History” video, and Yixing makes a list of 36 outfits that are more embarrassing than that shirt. They have a playful argument on whether or not Hello Kitty should be included on the list (surprisingly, Yifan finds it less humiliating) until Yifan’s no longer responding, and Yixing discovers that he’s asleep.

The next morning, Yixing’s the hardest to wake up over everyone else. When asked about it, he smiles sheepishly and tells them that a nightmare keep him up for a few hours.

Yifan shows concern over it, asking why Yixing didn’t wake him up, but the dancer insists that he’s fine and that he’ll be sure to wake him next time. 

He’s not quite ready to confess that he spent most of the time doodling a sleeping Yifan and a baby girl with Yixing’s nose and Yifan’s eyes and lips.

 


 

lulz, you weren't expecting that