Filial Love

He's my Girl

So Eun was surprised to see his brother and his uncle sitting with them for breakfast. It was usually her, her dad and Mr. Kim.

“Oppa? What are you doing here?” she whispered to Soo Hyun as she took the sit beside him.

“Getting you out of this prison,” The older replied.

“Getting me out of what?”

“Just wait and see. This isn’t for free baby.”

She took a look at his father who his busy talking to his twin. Yes, his father has a twin. While Choi Tae Won own Choi Enterprises, Inc., his younger twin, Choi Tae Sung, bought TS Entertainment.

She gave a questioning look to Mr. Kim, but unfortunately, the man is only as confused as she is.

“Ehem- so hyung, deal?” Everyone sitting looked at the twins.

“No.” Chairman Choi said, equivocally.

“Hyung, this will be a challenge for your daughter. If she can handle the business with me, it means she can handle bigger businesses like yours.”

“Handling talents is different from handling finances, Tae Sung; So Eun will be handling money, not celebrities.”

“Give your daughter a break hyung. She needs to socialize, meet new people, and discover the world in reality not only virtually.”

“I agree to Uncle Tae Won, Dad.” Soo Hyun said in English. “I think it’s quite unfair that you’re holding her back from what she really wants. Besides, we might not know, she’ll find her inner femininity outside the premises of this mansion.”

So Eun mouth agape for the things she’s hearing. Is this a miracle? God you’re truly great!

But wait femininity? Absolutely impossible

Or maybe only a fraction

But, NO.

She was about to say something when his father coughed for attention.

“I’ll consider the offer. Give me three days. I have a meeting at Tokyo with Japanese investors. When I come back, I’ll give my decision.”

“YES!” Both So Eun and her brother exclaimed.

“Yah Tae Sung! Did these two bribe you?” the father asked suspiciously.

“No. I’m just one concerned uncle.” The other replied, patting the elder’s back for assurance.

So Eun mentally fist-pumped the air, though she’s not sure what will be in return.

 

*******

“Stay with your brother for the next few days. Soo Hyun, don’t let So Eun travel around Seoul without company.”

“Yes Appa. You don’t have to worry that much, I’ll behave myself.”

“I’ll take of my sister, Dad. If it means I’ll be her personal bodyguard for days, I actually won’t mind.”

“Good. I have to go. I have to catch my flight.” The father hugged both of his children. His loves this two more than anything in the world. They are the only living remains of his wife.

“Have a safe trip!” The siblings said in unison.

A few hours after, So Eun and his brother were on a drive to Agpugjeong, where Soo Hyun’s villa is located. It will be her first time visiting his brother’s villa since she came back from the U.S.

The villa’s location is a highly-secured building with complete facilities for entertainment, health and wellness. His brother’s place is at 21st floor.

“2ne1’s dorm is at 15th floor. Gong Yoo’s villa is at the 23rd.” his brother explained while they’re inside the elevator. Everything in this building looks luxurious.

“I only have a neighbor in our floor. She’s a fashion designer.”

As they went out of the elevator, she wondered how his brother affords living on his own in a high secluded place. So Eun knew how rich they were as a family, but she never thought that her brother will be as successful as her father too. Her brother seemed to be a slacker when they were young.

“Welcome to my place baby sister.” His brother said, in English, again.

So Eun never felt so overwhelmed before. As she entered the villa, all she saw was her creations. From the painting in the living room, the kitchen’s style and the look on every bedroom, it was all her work.

“My place is your first showroom So Eun. I got those designs from your room after you went to the US. I know how much you want to be an interior designer, and your love for art is undeniable.”

“At least, even if Appa won’t allow you to practice that skill and take it up as your college course, my place would remind you of your dream job.”

So Eun knew that if she cries in front of her brother, he will be the second one to see her tears. Who would ever know that her brother love her this much?

She hugged his brother tight, tears of joy swelling her eyes.

“That painting,” he referred to the one in the living room, “is the most important artwork given to me. It gave me strength during my military service. I felt so lonely back then; I never thought being away from the ones you love would cause more pain than physical ache.”

“You are our princess So Eun, you are Eomma’s living memory. I’m sorry if Oppa is really busy and was not able to help you with Appa. I’ll make it up to you, I promise.” Soo Hyun said, in tears.

“Everything’s enough Oppa. I love you and thank you.” And the siblings stayed like that for a few more minutes, lingering to the moment.

*******

Chairman Choi has no idea what gotten inside his twin brother’s head for such proposal. His brother is already known for making it to the top 25 most anticipated CEOs in Korea. Why would someone like him need the help of a 19-year old girl?

Is there a problem with his artists? I think there’s none. All groups are pretty stable, especially B.A.P in Korea and Secret in Japan. His other trainees have problems? Is my So Eun going to be a trainer?

“Mr. Kim, how was So Eun’s grade in her business lessons?”

“So far Sir, your daughter is doing great. Though she’s fond of skipping classes and making every tutor’s life as miserable as possible (by playing pranks and whining like a kid), she never really got low grades. Among all her subjects, the girl is excelling in Marketing.”

Our daughter inherited your creative skills, honey.

“Sir, your daughter is also very fond of foreign bands nowadays.”

“Foreign bands? Do you mean those kids singing about how their song is the Best Song Ever?”

“No Sir. Miss doesn’t like boy bands. She’d taken music classes as her elective back in the US right? She learned how to play the piano, bass and acoustic guitar, and also the drums. She also knows the basics in playing the violin.”

“The maids told me once that they’ve been hearing her singing in English. I also heard her singing to some Beatles songs and Aerosmith’s.”

“So do you think she wants to join a rock band? Is my brother going to debut a co-ed idol band like that band we just got for our latest CF?”

“CN Blue Sir, they’re our latest endorser for the motorcycle line. I think she’s exploring her options Sir. She said she wants to study in Hongkik University.”

“Yes and maybe the indie music scene is what enticed her.” She never really liked business stuff. My daughter, why?

“Sir, can I suggests something?”

Chairman Choi looked at his assistant, a sign that he’s interested on what the other would like to say.

“Your daughter is pretty talented, especially in Art. Why don’t you give her a shot? If she fails, then involve her in the business. If she succeeds, support her and let her manage everything on her own. She might be like his brother one day.”

The CEO just nodded. It was very difficult for him to let his daughter go and do things on her own, but he is also very tired of the arguments they had.

If this will help her discover herself and her purpose in life, I guess I have to agree to the proposal.

Appa will finally let you go So Eun-ah, God, please guide my daughter.