Failure

Nightmare

   "I'm sorry, but we don't have a role for you in this movie. Better luck next time." the casting director told me through the phone. I groaned. This was the seventh rejection this month. 

   "Okay, I understand. Thanks anyways." I replied, hanging up. Frustrated, I chucked my cell phone across the room, angry tears threatening to fall from my eyes. My bills were piling up and my part time job wasn't giving me enough money to pay them. If I dont find a role soon, I'll be out on the streets.

   It's not like I could just find another job.  I don't have any skills. I'm not smart, and and I'm not good at sports. My voice isn't the greatest and and I'm a terrible dancer. The only thing I've ever been good at was acting, but I was beginning to doubt that as well.

   Was this really what I dropped out of college for? I thought, every rejection echoing through my head like a broken record. I couldn't take it.  felt like my head was going to explode, so I grabbed my coat and headed for a bar, slamming the door behind me.

*****

   Bottle after bottle started filling my system until I was too drunk to even stand. 

   "Rough night?" Someone asked, taking a seat beside me. My vision was blurry so I couldn't see his face very well, but his question brought a smile to my lips.

   "Rough month." I slurred, downing another shot. I don't know if it was from the alcohol or my frustration but I started chuckling.

   "What's funny?" The man asked.

   "What's funny? What is funny? Is it that gave up everything, absolutely everything for this, but no one seems to want me. Is that what's funny?" I mumbled.

   "What did you give up everything for?"

   "I thought I could make it. I thought I was talented and that I could be successful. I thought I could pay off all the debts from the college I never finished." I snapped, slowly growing angry with the man for asking so many questions. "I'm not an actor. No, I Kim Myungsoo am a failure."

   "So you're an actor?" he questioned, causing me to grow even more irritated. Didn't I just say I wasn't an actor?

   "No I'm not! I'm a f-failure." I choked, tears beginning to fall freely.

   A failure, that's all I was, and it's all I'll ever be.