My One True Love

My One True Love

It’s been about 5 months since Bia began working with SHINee as part of their Fashion Coordinating Team. She still couldn’t believe that she even got the job, considering she only applied just to be able to meet her idols. She never expected the boys to actually LIKE the examples she put forth during her interview. She remembered how nervous she had been the entire day, and she could still clearly remember the moment her heart literally stopped when SHINee walked into the room. It was her ultimate dream, and it came true.

She had to use all of her strength to stop herself from screaming and fainting every day from just being around the shining boys, especially her bias, Jonghyun, who was just as nice as she thought he would be. Although, lately he was acting differently, she just passed it off as stress. He had just come back not along ago from his accident and he was still feeling slightly vulnerable. She assumed he was just stressed and tried her best to make him feel comfortable.

Ever since she began working for the boys, she had become very close friends with them, to the point where she even lived in the dorm with them. She had her own room of course, but often fell asleep on the couch with the other members, since they always did things together. Surprisingly, she became best friends of all with Minho. As much as she tried to be as close to everyone else as she was to Minho, it just seemed like they were fated to be best friends. But even her best friend Minho didn’t know her true secret. That she was in love with Jonghyun. And she fell in love with that puppy more and more every day.

One day, Bia noticed that Jonghyun was sulking extra hard. It was the night after a really great performance where they also won first place on Music Bank. It was such an exciting event, even Bia was pulled up and stage by Minho and was hugging onto her in happiness. The members were shocked when Jonghyun rushed off the stage then, leaving them all and going home on his own.

Bia wondered what could be wrong with her true love. She sighed as she sat on the counter in SHINee’s dressing room. They were shooting a CF today and it was her job to get Minho ready. Minho was sitting in the chair and she noticed that Minho’s eyeliner was smudged. She reached out to fix it, gently wiping the excess makeup from the corner of his eye when she felt someone grab her wrist. Hard. When she glanced over, she noticed Jonghyun staring at her, wide eyed and angry.

                “What the hell do you think you’re doing?” He said, scoffing angrily in Minho’s direction.

                “I was fixing his makeup Jjong.” Bia replied quietly, startled at his outburst. Jonghyun, who was normally calm and cool was enraged, his eyes wide and his cheeks were red.

                “You’re ridiculous!” He yelled at her, clenching his fists.

Before Bia could reply to him, Jonghyun sprinted out of the room. Bia looked puzzled at Minho as Minho just sat there grinning.

                “Go after him, Bia.” Minho said and he lightly pushed her.

 

She obliged and took a deep breath. Determined to find out what the hell that stupid dinosaur was angry about, she walked through the hallways looking for him. He was nowhere to be found. It wasn’t until she came up to the rooftop door that she peeked through it and saw Jonghyun standing there, leaning against the bars on the edge of the roof. Not even noticing the pouring rain, she sprinted towards him and grabbed his shoulder, spinning him around. Her heart fell when she saw his face. If the rain wasn’t pounding down so hard, she would swear those were tears falling from his puppy dog eyes.

Bia reached out and tried to hug Jonghyun, but he pushed her away and rested his head in his hands.

                “Go away.” He said flatly.

                “Not until you tell me why the hell you freaked about back there!” Bia spoke. She was starting to get angry. Even if she loved him, she wouldn’t let him treat her or her friends like that.

When Jonghyun didn’t reply, she grabbed his hands away from his face and gasped. He was definitely crying now. She noted his eyes, which were red and puffy and even through the dripping rain, she could still see single tears streaking down from his large eyes.

                “J-Jonghyun....” Bia said sadly, reaching out to him. She flinched as she saw Jonghyun move, thinking he was going to run away, but instead, she felt his strong arms wrap around her waist tightly.

They stayed like that for a few seconds, neither of them speaking. The rain was pouring down on them, both of them drenched, but it didn’t matter. The man she loved was sad and crying. That’s all that mattered right now.

After a few seconds, Jonghyun pulled back and looked at Bia, his eyes shinning with fresh tears escaping them. He sniffled and looked sadly into her eyes, which were now tearing up themselves.

                “Why? Why him?” Jonghyun spoke, his voice was shaking horribly.

                “What do you mean?” Bia said, a little confused by his question.

Jonghyun let out a very fake laugh. “Minho. Why Minho?” He said, his fists clenched together at his sides.

Bia had no idea what Jonghyun was talking about, so she asked him to explain.

                “Please, Jonghyun. Tell me?” She pleaded, reaching her hand out and wiping stray tears from his eyes, but it didn’t help. More kept coming.

Jonghyun looked at her. His sad, depressed puppy dog eyes stared right into her heart, the tears streaming down from them and onto his cheeks.

               “Bia....Why do you love Minho?”

Bia was shocked.

                “Is it because he’s taller than me? More handsome?” Jonghyun spoke with shaky breath. “I’m sorry if I’m not tall or very handsome, or that I don’t have flaming charisma.” He laughed a little.

Bia just watched Jonghyun, shocked at what he was saying.

                “I see you two. All the time. At work and at home. You’re always together. Sitting close to each other and whispering. Don’t think I don’t realize what’s going on.” Jonghyun said, his puppy eyes looked down at his hands.

                “You two are in love.” Jonghyun choked when he said this, bursting out crying, uncontrollably.

He fell to his knees on the concrete roof, sobbing, not trying to shield himself anymore. Bia felt heartbroken. Why the hell did he think that she was in LOVE with Minho...when the man she was in love with was standing, kneeling right here in front of her.

                “Jonghyu-“ Bia started to speak, but Jonghyun interrupted her.

                “Why can’t you....Why.....” He seemed to have trouble letting his feelings out. He choked through the sobs. “Why?” He looked up at her, his eyes incredibly red and puffy, tears streaming down from his beautiful, sad, puppy dog eyes.

                “Bia...Why can’t you love me instead?”

At that very second, Bia let the tears flow from her eyes. Did she just hear what she thought she did? Jonghyun....asked her to love him? She couldn’t believe that her true love was saying these things. She felt like she was dreaming.

Jonghyun, still kneeling and looking up at her, blinked his eyes, his light blonde hair was dripping with water from the rain.

                “I...I love you.” He spoke gently, staring deeply into her eyes. “I’ve loved you since the first moment my eyes met yours in that small interview room.” He closed his eyes, remembering that day months ago, when Bia walked into his life and stole his heart away.

                “Ever since I saw you that day. You’re all I’ve ever thought about these last few months. All the dreams, all the lyrics, all the songs I wrote, were for you.” He said to her, now standing up to face her. He gently touched her hands, almost as if he was afraid he would break them if he touched them. He took her hands in his and once again looked up at her.

                “Bia. You’re my everything. I’m so sorry for reacting this way. It’s just....I get so angry and jealous when I see you with Minho.” He swallowed. “I wish I was him.”

Bia smiled, the biggest smile she had ever had in her entire life. Jonghyun. Kim Jonghyun, her true love....also loved her.               

                “Jonghyun...” Bia said softly, squeezing his hands.           

                “Please, Bia....love me instead....be with me...I love you.” Jonghyun pleaded, gripping her hands even tighter, the rain still pouring on top of them.

At that moment, Bia instantly threw her arms around the dino, embracing him tightly, resting her chin on his shoulder. 

                “Jonghyun. Minho is my best friend. But I don’t love him. Not like that. I love you. I’ve loved you ever since before I even met you!” She said, also now crying.

Jonghyun pulled away from the hug for a moment, looking at her face, his hand reaching up and lightly brushing her tears away.

                “Please don’t cry.” He said softly. “I’m so happy.” He said. He couldn’t even believe how stupid he was. His desire to be with her was so intense, he was jealous for no reason at all.

He looked once again into her eyes and smiled weakly. His eyes, along with Bia’s were flowing with tears. But this time they weren’t sad or painful tears. They were happy tears. Tears filled with the passion and love they had for each other. Nobody could ever break this type of love.

Very slowly, Bia watched as Jonghyun’s face moved closer to hers, his lips, which were almost cherry red, pressed ever so softly upon hers. She instantly felt the warmth from his lips spread throughout her body. The feeling of the first kiss with her true love was indescribable. Feeling her whole body turning weak, her legs started to buckle, but as if he was feeling the same, she felt Jonghyun hold tightly onto her waist, sharing his lips with hers, as if they were made to fit together.

After a few minutes, Jonghyun pulled away, smiling at her lovingly. Bia smiled back just as much. It had been such a long time since she had seen Jonghyun smile like that. That big, goofy, tooth filled smile. It made her heart jump. She didn’t understand why he loved her. But she thought that was okay, because you can’t truly choose the one you love. It just happens.

                “You’re going to catch a cold. Let’s go inside.” Jonghyun said, still smiling. Bia nodded and started to walk across the long rooftop to the door leading back inside. She didn’t even get a few steps before she felt Jonghyun’s soft, warm hand grab onto hers, lacing their fingers together. When she blushed and looked over at him, she noticed that, he too, was also blushing. It had to be about the most adorable thing she had ever seen the dino do.

As they walked slowly towards the door, their fingers intertwined together, neither of them could remember a moment in their lives when they had been happier. Even with the rain pouring down on them, and the high probability that they would get a cold from it, didn’t even phase the two as they reached the doors. As Bia grabbed onto the door handle, ready to wrench it open, craving the dry warmth of the studio, she felt her body stop.

Jonghyun stood, with his hand still gripping hers. He stood in front of the doors and turned towards her, his eyes sparkling with love, and gently pressed his lips upon Bia’s wet cheek. She could feel the spot where his lips were pressed tingling as her heart leapt out from her chest. He lingered his lips over her cheek for just a few seconds, then slowly moved them up to her ear. She felt his warm breath tickle across her ear as he whispered to her sweetly.

                “Saranghae, Bia.”