Hurt

Hurt

As usual, a girl with straight black hair that almost touching shoulders, brown eyes, and always wear earphones or headphones has always been the first to enter the classroom. More precisely the first after a mysterious person who always put vanilla milk -which had previously warmed- over your table. Already one month passed and routinely, it is always a milk on your table. But, you did not think much about it.

After drink the milk, you rested your head on the table and looked toward the window beside you. Since the first time entry into the school, you always took the position of sitting in the back row and on the side of the window. You loved watching the sky and the clouds up there.

Strains of ballad singing in your ears, the wind blowing from the window which always open, making your tired. Slowly, you closed your eyes and fell asleep.

That is little habit of you if waiting for class to begin.

 

 

BRAKK!!!

 

Voice that sounded very close to you were surprised you and woke you up. You looked confused. A moment later, the sound of laughter grew louder and louder. It has been 15 minutes You asleep and had a lot of students who come and laugh because ignorance of the person who is always bothering your. Your eyes were fixed on a student with grayish black hair and pale skin who has stood in front of your desk, laughing and showing his dimples that pretty sweet.

“Ya! Choi Junhong,” You cried.

The owner's name, don’t respond at all and still laugh even laughter grew louder. You getting very upset and wants to give lessons to that boy. But unfortunately, when your evil intentions emerge, a teacher had come and told all the students to back to their respective places. You who feel a little dizzy up suddenly, asking permission to go to the toilet to wash your face.

 

“Damn! That kid is so ! Arrggghhh!” You griped in the toilet while staring at the large mirror in front of your.

 

You back to class and the teacher is explaining something on the board. Your eyes fixed on the chair where Junhong sitting. Your eyes met with his. Junhong still laugh with his best friend Jongup. They both really like to tease you, for no reason.

With feelings still upset, you stepped into your seat and pulled out a textbook and small book you always carried. Book contains visual diary form. You loved to describe your feelings in the book. Including this time you were doing. Besides your heart is still irritated, the teacher's explanation in class too bored. Everything you described and argued above that pocket book.

For a moment, your world is not disturbed until someone tossed your head with a blob of small paper which then landed on top of your desk, in front of your.

 

Tuk.

 

Once again, another wad of paper hit your head and landed on your desk. You sighed and tried to hold back your emotions into your own world. You did not want to make a fuss when the lesson.

 

Tuk.

 

Another wad of paper hit your head again.

You still trying to be patient.

 

Tuk.

 

Tuk.

 

 

 

No one hit your head again. You sigh of relief. You are getting lost in your world and don’t care about the outside world.

 

Plakk!!

 

Something hit your head harder and make you lost your patience. As you rubbed your head, You raised your head.

“YES! CHOI ... “

Your words stopped when you realized that your teacher is the person who hit your head hardly.

“Seon ... saengnim,” You muttered with shame. Your eyes glanced at Junhong seat.

 

Empty.

 

The boy was not in place.

 

“Kim _____! What are you doing?” Ask the teacher with eyes staring into the pocket book which still open on your desk.

Immediately You closed the book. “I ...,”

“Get out now! If you don’t want to pay attention to the lesson, please get out of this room!” Cried the teacher firmly.

 

Not wanting to argue, You moved from your seat and stepped out, carrying your pocket book.

 

Your steps stopped right in front of the classroom door when you saw Junhong who was kneeling with his hands in the lift. The boy noticed You and smiled at your.

“Affected punishment too?” He asked relaxed.

 

Instead of answering, You upset to even walk to the opposite wall. You did not want to be close to the child who always tease you. Without waiting anymore, You follow what Junhong do, knees and raised your hands. Your position is in front of Junhong and you think that you chose the wrong position. From where you were, you could see his face clearly that always feel to you though Junhong make some cute expression.

 

“If not for punishment, why are you here? Do you want to be here with me?” Junhong teased.

“....”  There is no response from you.

“Ya, _____-ya,”  Junhong called softly.

“....”

“_____-ya,”

“....”

“Kim _____,”

“....”

“_____ Kim _____,”

“Shut up!” You said with slow but sharp tone.

“All right. I'll shut up, lady,” Junhong said while slightly bowed a sign of respect.

You ignored it and tried to look the other way than the boy in front of your.

 

 

 

The days full of emotions ends when the bell rang. All students jump out and You be the first to get out of class. You half ran towards the bus stop and lucky because as you arrived in bus stop, the bus came. You walked to the rear seat that always empty and the driver seems to already provide for you.

Bus began to move slowly away from the bus stop.

 

Duk. Duk. Duk.

 

You little surprised by that sound. Suddenly the bus stop and make your head nearly collided with a chair in front of you. The bus door open and You curious about the person who had made the bus stopped suddenly.

Two students who You know entered the bus and make your sighed reluctantly.

“I thought so,”  you muttered.

 

Both walked over You. Indeed, only three rows of seats beside You are still empty. But why should they both are filled? You thought.

 

Without permission, Junhong landed his in the chair beside You and Jongup beside the boy. You immediately put your earphones back and ignore the presence of the two most annoying person.

Enough for these days to You being bullied by two boys without having one bus even one row of seats with them.

 

~ ~ ~

Another boring morning for You. You were more interested in the clouds on the sky that form a variety of bizarre shapes that You thought is beautiful.

 

Tuk.

 

Again a paper hit your head and interrupted your reverie. This time is a larger paper. Your eyes immediately fixed on Junhong. The boy said something with his lips and without sound.

You aren’t good at reading the mouth, many times you squinted and made expressions don’t understand. Not like usual, this morning you serve Junhong.

 

“Open the paper,”  Junhong whispered and his voice big enough to heard by some students.

Without thinking, You unrolled the paper.

 

Empty.

 

Nothing is written there. You looked back at Junhong and Jongup who start laughing. Your brow furrowed with upset. You rolled back the paper with quite upset.

 

Tuk.

 

The same size paper, landed on your head and then landed on the table. You open it without looking at or Jongup Junhong.

One word is written in the paper with considerable size and thick inks such as using a marker.

 

“Babo!”

 

With upset, You roll up the paper and put it with the previous paper. From the other side, Junhong and Jongup still laughing. You glanced towards teachers who are very focused on the board. A moment later, You throw the roll tightly toward Junhong and made the boy whimpered. Winning smile tugged at your lips and you looked back at the clouds regardless Junhong who looked annoyed.

 

 

The first lesson is completed and the next is PE class. All students in the class walked out of the classroom to the locker room to change clothes.

Finished changing clothes, You went to your locker to take your sneakers. Once opened the locker door, you paused. Your shoes that you always put in was not in place.

“Looking for that?” Someone with very familiar voice asked. You turned and look at Junhong who standing a few feet away with a finger that was pointing upward. Your eyes fixed on the spot at the point. Right at the wooden planks class name depends, one pair of sports shoes come hanging over there and bound.

“Eish!” You muttered while upset.

“Need me to pick it up?” Junhong asked.

Your gaze on Junhong again. “No, thank you for telling me!” You said annoyed and immediately walked into the classroom and intentionally hit Junhong arm hard enough.

 

A few moments later, You out of the classroom while drag a chair. You put the chair under your shoes hanging position. Junhong was still in place earlier and just pay attention to what you are going to do.

Without thinking, You climb the chair and tried to grab your shoes. You maximizes your arm to grab the shoes.

Not long tried, you managed to grab one of your shoes and you immediately pushed it so that shoes dropped.

 

Bukk!

 

Having managed to lose your shoes, you jump from the chair and gives a sharp look to Junhong who give you applause.

 

~ ~ ~

 

Today, the art teacher command the students to create a house miniature or any building materials that have been provided. After taking materials from the front of the class, You start working with miniature. You wants to make a your dream house.

 

 

An hour passed. Not all children do their job seriously, the teachers also go some where. As usual, Junhong and Jongup roam around each place and see the works of their friends, sometimes they joke around and romp. You little disturbed by the noise that they make. You checked into their table where there is a miniature but it looks weird and seem perfunctory.

 

Prangg!!

 

The class became silent. You staring at miniature that devastated scattered in front of you. Your miniature that almost finished, now been destroyed because of two people as usual. Junhong and Jongup shocked, staring at the miniature.

Long enough to make You move. You raised your head and looked at the two boy who had hit your desk hard enough to make your miniature fell to the floor.

“Ya! Choi Junhong! Moon Jongup! Why you can not sit still for an hour? Huh? You have destroyed my miniature! And you Junhong! Aren't you tired of constantly bothering me? Is there no one else that you can bother? I've been trying to not care about it, but this time you really outrageous! Can you dissappear or stop bothering me for one day? You guys! !” You can not control your emotions and immediately walked away. You pushed the boys who blocking your way.

 

You could not hold back your tears and feel frustration. You ran into the toilet and locked the toilet door. Your miniature that should collected to this day, a few minutes longer was destroyed and could not be repaired in a short time.

 

In class, shortly after the incident, the teacher entered.

“What's going on?” the teacher asked after seeing a miniature shattered on the floor.

“We both broke ______ miniature,”  Junhong said with regret. Only this time, this boy felt very guilty and sorry.

“Where is she now?”

“I don’t know. She went out of the classroom,” Jongup said.

“Haaah, Okay. You settle it, the principal will come to check out the class. You can collect your miniature next time,” the teacher said to both the child and also all students.

After that information, the teacher came out again.

 

After crying by yourself, You back to class and your miniature was not on the floor again. You did not turn towards Junhong or Jongup. Your heart is still very upset to care about surrounding.

 

~ ~ ~

After a one day pass, You anger already slightly eased. In addition, this days you did not see Junhong presence. You heaved a sigh of relief because your wish finally came true, although probably only for today. At least one day without Junhong, could make You free from all ignorance he did. Although Jongup still attending classes, he was a little quiet when Junhong not present. So, You really enjoy this rare days.

 

~ ~ ~

One day.

 

 

Two days.

 

 

Three days. You starting to feel a little something is missing in your life. But you deliberately ignored it and did not want to find out what is missing.

 

 

Four days. You are getting felt lonely and still try to ignore it.

 

 

Five days have passed without the presence of Junhong. There is no any news of that boy. For some reason, the longer You felt really lonely. The days become very boring without presence of Junhong and you only realized today after a few days you feels something is missing and you had found shortcomings today. You began to worry because of your words at that time was very painful and made Junhong really go or move to another school.

Desire to ask Jongup, still ringing in your head. You were too proud and don’t have the courage to ask about Junhong. Anyway, today you did not see Jongup presence.

 

Several times when you were daydreaming, Junhong voice ringing in your ears. You also could still feel your head hit by the papers as usual as Junhong do. At once, you immediately turned to Junhong place and only empty air that you got.

“Why would I miss him?” You murmured after realizing Junhong absolutely nothing here.

“My words are too rude to him,”  you muttered again.

 

 

Home time bell rang. You were sitting in the backseat of the bus. The bus walking slowly leave the bus stop.

 

Duk. Duk. Duk.

 

For the first time since Junhong not present, You hear that voice again. You immediately turned toward the door when the bus suddenly stopped. Your gaze was really attached to the entrance, waiting for someone you hoped to come up and sit with your again.

The hope broke instantly, while people who stopped bus was not Junhong or Jongup. With a limp, You lean on the chair and stared out the window. Staring at the pile of snow that was quite thick.

 

“If not for punishment, why are you here? Do you want to be here with me?”

“_____-ya,”

“Kim _____,”

 

“Can you dissappear or stop bothering me for one day? You guys! !”

 

You awakened from sleep. You were still inside the bus and just a few minutes you were asleep. All the voices in your head that made your wake up. There is a very deep sense of guilt and nostalgia with all that boy behavior. Don’t know since when You feel about it, but you realized that you actually was not too bothered with all the ignorance of Junhong. You also realized that you always scold and blame that boy. As nice and as sweet as any face which made by Junhong, still makes You upset. But now it is not. Instead, you wanted to see again sweet faces and expressions that always Junhong made.

“I have to apologize to him and took him back to school. It's all my fault,” You murmured with confidence.

 

~ ~ ~

This morning, as usual just You that arrive. This time, not only the milk on your desk but your dream house miniature which a few days ago destroyed by Junhong. With a little confused, you approached your desk and noticed the miniature. It looked just like the one you made yesterday, but the roof can be opened. Inside the house, there was a brown envelope with pretty sweet chocolate aroma. Your brow furrowed. You opened it carefully and take out a photo and a letter. In the picture there is a picture of you when sleeping in class and Junhong who quietly make a ‘V’ with his finger in front of you. Who knows when the boy was taking pictures like that without You know. A smile tugged at your lips. Junhong looked satisfied smile in the photo, you opened a letter which was also written in plain brown paper.

 

“Annyeong Kim _____!

Woah, it feels weird to call you by that name.

_____-ya ~ kekeke.

I prefer to call with it. How are you without me? You must have missed me? Haha. Or are you actually happy because no one bothers you again?

It's up to you to select which one. If I do, it is definitely missed. A few days in the hospital, made me almost crazy. Nothing can I e.

 

Oh yeah, about your miniature. I'm really sorry I broke it. I accidentally dropped it. I really feel bad, I did not think you were going to cry because of it. Jongmal mianhae. Luckily. Kim seonsaengnim give more time to collect it, so I can fix it. I brought your miniature to my home. Although it does not seem as good as yours, you should thank to me. Hehe.

 

_____-ya, I want to convey to you. Actually, I've often said this on the bus when you plug in the earphone and ignored me who obviously sitting beside you. You want to know what I'm saying then? You can guess yourself. Hehe.

 

_____-ya, you know why I always teased you? The reason is simple, I just want to get attention from you. You're only going to response me if I teased you. I remember your face begins to redden due to scold me or upset with me. It was very funny. Kekeke. Oh yeah, and also on your face when asleep. Very sweet. Hehe.

 

Oops. I should not laugh excessively again. My head hurts, hehe.

 

_____-ya, I expect to have nine lives like a cat. That way, I can live very long. But, if I have to choose between meet you or have nine lives, I would choose to meet you. Why? Because even though I have a lot of lives, but could not see you, my life would be very pretty boring. I might die of boredom. Hehe.

 

_____-ya, I think I should end this letter. My head is very sore.

After all, a piece of paper will not be able to accommodate my words. There is still a lot I want to say and even more things about you that can’t I express in words or bad writing like this. Hehe.

 

Oh yeah, you already know the words that always I say on the bus?

You can look it up on my desk.

Oh and also. It seems, soon there will be no milk on your table.

Hehe.

 

Annyeong _____-ya.

Don’t miss me anymore. Ok?

 

 

Junhong, your very best friend. “

 

You silent for a moment after reading the letter. Already quite a lot of students who come, but not able to distract you from Junhong letter. Your knees buckled and you sat on your chair. Your eyes stared at the milk from Junhong. Slowly, your hand reached for the milk which was not as warm as usual. Your feeling said you wanted to go and see Junhong, but a teacher had come to class not as usual. All students enter the classroom and sit in their chair, respectively. You slowly raised your head and saw Jongup who enter the room after the teacher.

 

“Students, I have a bad news for you,”  the teacher said.

His face looked very sad and very heavy to say that bad news.

“Choi Junhong, has left us .... For forever,” the teacher’s words makes You shocked as others as well. The atmosphere became noisier while some girls crying including You who very shocked. You embracing the brown letter until nearly destroying it. The tears spilled down your cheeks. In front of the class, Jongup also could not help but crying.

“You should go back home and attend the funeral,”  the teacher said before leaving the classroom.

Shortly after leaving the classroom, You rose from your chair and left the classroom, carrying your bag.

 

~ ~ ~

After the death of Junhong, You really very sorry. You could not say your feelings and also can not apologize for always yelling and blaming him. Classroom situation also became very quiet. No more person who annoying you. No more person calling your names like him and there is no one who woke you like him. Also there are no more person who accompanied you on the bus even though you ignored him.

You still bring a letter and a photo from Junhong. If Junhong still have one more day, You could reveal it all. But unlucky, fate willed not to your satisfaction.

 

After all the students go home, for the first time You choose to be the last person who out of the classroom. You approached Junhong table which filled with many text. You sat on a chair as Junhong usual used to sit.

 

It's cold.

 

That's what you felt. One by one You read the writings on Junhong table.

 

“Kekeke. _____-ya You look so cute when asleep.”

 

“_____-ya, are you going to hate me? I always tease you. “

 

“My head was very sore, but I don’t want a single day to not be around of _____.”

 

“_____ looked at me with a little soft today. I don’t know why, but I like it.”

 

“You know I always whisper 'Saranghae' to you while on the bus? I've often expressed my feelings to you, but you choose not to hear it. “

 

Your tears flowed again. This time you took out all your grief and remorse on the table belonged to a boy who had been loved and purposefully tease you just to get attention from you. Choi Junhong.