JongUp Meets Chris Brown

JongUp Meets Chris Brown

 

 

JongUp had requested permission from Manager Kang for this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. His palms were sweaty and he felt as though he had tiny frogs instead of butterflies in his stomach. Before, when B.A.P had come to America, they had been there for such a short time that there was no time for things like this. This time they were here for almost two weeks and the timing couldn’t have been more perfect. Manager Kang had no reason to say no.

JongUp entered a music store nearby to the hotel where B.A.P was staying. There were bodyguards around in case of anything but they kept their distance. They knew JongUp wanted to be as natural as possible. There was a crowd of people surrounding a table waiting to have CDs and other merchandise signed.

JongUp cursed his shortness and craned his neck. Suddenly, as if by a divine interruption, the sea of people parted and there in all his glory was Chris Brown. JongUp’s CD fell out of his hands and his eyes opened wide. Chris looked straight at him and JongUp felt his knees tremble.

“JongUp?” Chris called.

JongUp blinked rapidly. Chris Brown just said his name. Chris freaking Brown just said his name. Was he delusional? Maybe he was dehydrated so he was imagining things?

JongUp felt a nudge in his back and turned to see a random guy.

“He’s talking to you, bro. Go!”

JongUp opened and closed his mouth like a fish but he managed to scoop up his CD and take a few shaky steps to the table.

“You’re JongUp, right?” Chris asked.

JongUp nodded numbly.

“I’ve heard about you,” Chris said as he took JongUp’s CD and opened it to sign it.

“Y-y-you have?” JongUp stuttered.

“I got a lot of tweets about you from your fans. Are they…BABYs?” Chris looked at him for confirmation and JongUp quickly nodded because he couldn’t get his voice working.

 “They’ve told me how much you admire me and how I inspire you. I watched some of your dance videos and I have to say I’m proud to be your inspiration.”

JongUp broke into a smile. “Really?”

“Definitely,” Chris said, handing back the CD. “I want you in my next video.”

That was too much for JongUp. He accepted the CD, said thank you, and then promptly passed out.