Endurance

Stolen Tomorrow

Stolen Tomorrow

Unconciously I look towards you whose eyes sparkle brighter than a thousand suns. I am captivated and intrigued by the playful rare smile gracing your sharp features.

Can I embrace you in my empty arms?

I am yearning to be near you, to feel your warmth. I beg of you to appease my thoughts.

My hands burn in an urge to touch your skin and my heart races sickeningly. I know I shouldn’t wish nor hope that you will decide to be by my side yet I cannot help my optomistic heart.

You have been a mystery to me from the very first second I laid my eyes upon you. My greatest joy is trying to figure you out, you are like the jigsaw puzzle I tried to solve as I played when I was a child.

I run further than I ever have before testing my endurance. I try with all my ability to ignore the pain in my chest. The pain that suffocates me like a hand squeezing harder and harder on my throat, painfully blocking off my oxygen source.

I fall for some unknown reason and think to myself. “Ah this is as far as I can push myself.” I can hear the crack in my ankle when I finally hit the solid ground. My breath hitches as everything falls silent and the only thing that can be heard is my gasp of pain.

I lie there on my side the cold ground chilling my bones as the salty tears run down my flushed face and I am left cursing my own stupidity.

I tried to accomplish the impossible however I achieved nothing. I lost my heart to someone I will in most honesty never see again.

As the blood seeped out of my body quickly and my body paled considerable compared to my earlier flush and laboured breathing. My breath was becoming shallow and I cried in sorrow of the tomorrow I was robbed of all because love decided to pay me a visit in the prime of my youth.