A Revenge

A Revenge

"Sunny, will you be having your birthday party this year with your family again?"

I peeked through the door and found Yuri and Sunny in the dressing room. I smirked. Apparently Yuri was doing what I asked her to do.

"Looks like so. May 15 is unavoidable for my family to gather and celebrate together, since my two sisters also have birthdays on the same day" Sunny said while tidying up her stage outfits.

"Aw, too bad. Can't you celebrate with us too that day?"

Sunny smiled to Yuri. "I'll try to speak with my family. I will arrange the party with my family earlier so that I'll have time to celebrate with you guys at night"

"Alright. Tell us the news soon. You don't want us to come celebrating you without cakes and gifts" Yuri joked.

"I know, thanks Yul"

I secretly smirked again behind the waiting room door. "Just you wait, Lee Sunny. This will be my revenge for what you have done on my birthday"


* * *

I seriously didn't know what was going on with Kim Taeyeon. That girl had been avoiding me since late April, right after we all went back to Korea from our own holiday trip, up to today, a few days before my birthday.She often got angry at me for childish reasons, but never did she keep it inside for too long like this time. I sighed on the waiting room chair and looked at my own reflection in the mirror.

The always-cheerful Lee Sunny. Only a Kim Taeyeon could bring her down like this. Did I do something wrong? We always got into a silent fight like this and I would always have to be the one consulting her. This had been going on for almost 2 years. I dated Taeyeon since The Boys era and since that time we always got into a silent fight, made up, silent fight, and then made up again. I was tired. Should we really break up?

Moreover, this was nearing my birthday. She should be closer to me instead of getting into another silence like this. I bit my lips and decided to go out of the room.

I tried to talk to Taeyeon but she completely ignored me. Usually I would snap at her and make her talk, but I didn't know why I didn't have the courage that time. The cold attitude she gave me was.. different from the silent fight we usually had. And what made me angry the most was that she started to flirt with another girl.

"Taeyeon?" I tried my best to call her with a calm voice. We were in the SM building, having a little practice for our performance for the Dream Concert a few days later.

And that chance was a bit hard to get. I had to wait until all the girls were busy doing their own stuffs and steal a minute to approach Taeyeon.

"Hm?" She answered with an ignoring tone, as usual.

I didn't like going around the bus, so I just stated what I had to state. "That girl from Rainbow you just took a picture with a few days ago..."

"Ah, No-eul? Yes, she's from Rainbow. We were going for a hang out last time"

I widened my eyes over what she had just told. She went for a hang out? With another girl!?

Taeyeon seemed to notice my changing expression. She turned a bit awkward and scratched her back neck. "Well, that time.. uh.. We're with some other people too so.. it's not like just the two of us.."

I gulped a bit. I was usually a quite calm person but imagining Taeyeon going out with another girl just... burned me.

Taeyeon then walked away. "Fany-ah! Did you bring back a lot of cereals from LA? I want to have some!"

I looked at her going to Tiffany in a joyful way. My heart hurt, but I tried my best to be calm. Seohyun suddenly appeared beside me and poked my shoulders.

"Unnie, are you fine?"

"I am, maknae. Don't worry"

Days passed again and we finally had to perform on Dream Concert. I didn't know what to do anymore. I was frustrated of Taeyeon. We were performing I Got a Boy and Taeyeon and I usually had small interactions during Yoona's rap part. One of us would do a funny dance to each other, but that day, I completely ignored her. She was about to show a flower dance to me but I just looked away and continued the dance.

I didn't mean to ignore her, but I just didn't know how to react anymore. I didn't want to get mad at her or at anyone. The only thing I could was to keep calm and ignore everything. We finished the song and since we were the last performer, we had to sing the ending song along with the other groups right after that.

I saw Hyoyeon running, jumping, and dancing around like crazy right after the ending song started. I laughed. This was Hyeoyeon's and my way to release stress. Dancing like crazy like we were in the club to let go of the stress. I decided to follow Hyoyeon along. We ran and jumped together like crazy along the stage.

This shouldn't continue like this, I thought. I had to make up with Taeyeon. I walked to the back to where Taeyeon and Tiffany were walking. I was about to ask Taeyeon to join the jumping-like-crazy dance.

"Sunny-ah" Suddenly I heard a familiar voice calling me. I turned and saw Jessica. "Where do you think you're going? Come here with me!"

My effort to approach Taeyeon was stopped by Jessica. She pulled me to the other direction. I ended up continuing the dance with Jessica and Hyoyeon. Pssh, forget it. Let's just end this frustrating night like this. I kept dancing and dancing, releasing all the energy I had left for that day. Still, Taeyeon ignored me.

We finally finished the concert. After a few small talks with the other groups, we were allowed to go back to our dressing room. I changed my clothes quickly in a rushed and mad manner. The other members seemed startled by my action.

"Sunny-ah. You're sweating a lot" Jessica said.

"Yeah, I'm tired" I replied shortly, making all the other members turn their gazes at me. I knew what they were thinking. The calm, energetic Sunny could finally feel tired? And angry?

The nine of us walked back to the van in silence, mostly because of me. Maknae had once stated that I was really scary if I became angry. I entered the van and laid my head on the seat's pillow as soon as I settled down. Eventhough I already released all the sadness on the stage, I still felt so angry and irritated.

Maybe Taeyeon really meant to break up with me. Maybe she fell in love with another girl already. This time, it was really over. If I knew it would turn like this, I would snap at Taeyeon more often. I would ask her what's wrong and apologize first, although maybe it was not my mistake. I would hug her often and tell her how much I loved her, and didn't want to lose her as my girl.

I rarely cried, but for the first time after a while that night, I shed a single tear. I hid it from the others, of course, by looking at the window's direction. As the van brought us back to the dorm, I slowly felt drowsy and finally fell asleep.

...

"She really spent her whole energy dancing and jumping like crazy"

During my deep sleep in the van, I could hear Hyoyeon speaking up.

"Something must be troubling her.." Tiffany continued.

...

Finally, it was May 15. I woke up early to pick up calls from my family greeting me a happy birthday and to read messages from friends and acquaintances. Among the abundance numbers of calls and messages that I got that morning, none of them was from Taeyeon.

Did she do this on purpose? I thought. But remembering her cold acts toward me, maybe she really did forget my birthday. Maybe tomorrow, I should speak to her about our break-up.

Suddenly I got a call from Yoona.

"Sunny unnie! Saengil chuka hae yo~!" She greeted with a happy tone.

"Thanks, Yoong. You're the only who calls. The other only sent messages"

"Ah, maybe they think we will meet each other today so they will say it directly to you later" Yoona continued. "Are you throwing a party tonight?"

I sighed. I was not in a mood to throw party when Taeyeon and I were on the edge of breaking up. But doing that would make the others disappointed. I couldn't neglect the others just because of me and Taeyeon.

"I will" I made a decision. "Tell the others to gather at the Myunga Restaurant tonight. I will be there already by six, but the party will be until we're all satisfied drinking"

"That's very nice, unnie! Oh, you will tell Taeyeon unnie yourself, right? I don't think I need to tell her anymore?"

I paused for a few seconds, not knowing what to answer. If I told Yoona to pass the message to Taeyeon, she would think something happened and would be worried.

"Yeah, I'll tell her myself. See you, Yoong"

"See you, unnie!"

I prepared myself for a breakfast with my family. During our time having the meal, I couldn't stop myself from looking at my own phone screen. I still hadn't sent the text message to Taeyeon. Not because I didn't want to, but because I was sort of afraid of what she would reply. I kept the message unsent until afternoon, where I was in one of my dad's relative house.

Taeyeon-ah, I'm having my bday party tonight at Myunga from 6. Come with the others? See you.

I re-read the message once and once again, contemplating on clicking the send button. I let out a worried breath and finally clicked the send button. What should happen would happen. Let it be.

I waited and waited for hours but I got no single reply from her. I was growing even more worried. Was she really so angry that she didn't even want to say happy birthday and come to my party!? What was that, Kim Taeyeon! I hate you!

I threw my phone into my bag and decided to just forget it. So what if she didn't congratulate me and didn't come to my party? We were about to break up anyway. I waited for the hours to pass, focusing on the other text messages and calls that kept coming for me. But even though so, I knew that far in my deep heart, I was still waiting and waiting for her.

Around 6 PM, I arrived at the destinated restaurant. I opened the door and only found our manager oppa sitting on the desk I had reserved for us. He greeted me a happy birthday even though he had sent me a message earlier. We had to wait for the others for around 50 minutes before they all finally came.

No, not all of them. There's no Taeyeon. My heart beat a bit faster when my eyes couldn't find her figure among the girls. I tried my best to pretend that I wasn't looking for her, and thanks to my excellent peripheral eyes skill, I could peek around the corners looking for Taeyeon without the others noticing.

My eyes didn't fool me. There's really no Taeyeon. Was I hallucinating because I was too worried that she wouldn't come? That she was actually there but I couldn't see her?

"Sunny" Hyoyeon called me when the others were busy ordering foods.

"Yes?"

From her eyes, I could tell Hyoyeon knew what I was worrying about.

"Taeyeon told me she couldn't come. She said something happened with her family's business so she had to go back to her town"

My heart hurt hearing the news, but my brain told me to act cool.

"Ah, that's fine. We would meet each other again tomorrow for a practice so it's not a big deal"

"Are you sure you are fine?" Hyoyeon asked to reassure.

"Yeah, I am! Don't worry, Hyo. Let's get the party started!" I ran to one of the waitresses to order a lot of drinks. Yes, A LOT. I needed to get myself really really drunk tonight.

Apparently Jessica noticed what I was doing.

"Sunny, we still have practice tomorrow. Don't drink too much" She reminded.

"I'll be okay, Sica. I'm used to this" I continued writing my order without even looking at her. She seemed to lose her patience and suddenly grab the order paper from my hand.

"Yah! Are you crazy!?" She started yelling. "I have to call Taeyeon"

"No!" I intended to have my paper back, but Jessica was fast to hide it.

"Do you think I don't know what you're feeling right now?" Jessica shot me with her icy, glaring eyes. "You're angry because Taeyeon can't come to the party, and you want to get yourself drunk to forget about it? Am I right?"

Dang it. Jessica didn't talk much, but she observed her best friends really well. I could only stay frozen.

"Cancel the order or I will call Taeyeon for real and drag her here, no matter what business she's doing"

I could do nothing but to obey Jessica. This girl could be really scary when protecting her loved ones. We all sat back together on the table, waiting for the food to come. I just bowed my head looking at the table.

Later I could sense Yoona and Sooyoung whispering to each other. They whispered in a very low voice but I still could guess what they were talking about.

"You guys, I know you maybe think I am disappointed that Taeyeon can't come. But don't worry. The fact is, I am not disappointed at all" I snapped at my girls. "So what if she can't come? I still have all of you. I celebrated with my family today, too. Everyone was here with me, so losing one person is not a big deal"

I did my best effort to sound ignorant, cheerful, and strong, but I knew the girls could spot some cracks in my voice. I needed to do something to hide the fact that my eyes began to turn red. I was about to excuse myself to go to the restroom when suddenly I heard a familiar voice singing happy birthday to me.

I turned my head and finally saw the girl I had been waiting for. There was a big, round cake on her hands complete with the candles on it. She sang happy birthday to me. And not with a cold manner or tone, but with a big smile, cheerful face. I frozed at where I was standing, while all the girls turned their heads back and forth from me to that girl.

"Happy birthday Lee Sunny. I love you. You are mine" She spoke, with the cake still on her hands. Her eyes showed that every words that just came out of was sincere and true.

"Taeyeon you're such a troll!" Hyoyeon shouted.

"Yah, Kim Taeyeon. You don't know how many bottles of alcohol this birthday girl would have if you really didn't come" Jessica added.

"Oh, I know she would do that" Taeyeon smirked. "That's why I come before she can do it"

I bite my lips and tried my best to act cool, but tears still couldn't stop forming on the corner of my eyes. "I hate you"

Taeyeon blushed, knowing that what I meant was the opposite of what I had just said.

"You'd better blow these candles before they all melt" She reminded.

I approached the cake and made a wish before I blew all the fires that lightened up the candles. All around me cheered and clapped their hands. I then lifted my face and looked deeply into Taeyeon's eyes.

"Taeyeon, give her the highlight for today!" Hyoyeon yelled. "Kisseu!

Kisseu! Kisseu! Kisseu! The others started cheering along with Hyoyeon. Taeyeon blushed madly and had to put the cake on the table so that she could cover her reddened cheeks. She then took baby steps to me, slowly and slowly, and then grabbed my hands. She rubbed my fingers.

"I'm sorry, all I did to you these past few weeks were all just lies. I took the pic with No Eul just to make you jealous, but I never went for a hang out with her"

I widened my eyes. "And your cold acts, too?"

She nodded and put her hands on my cheeks. "Sorry, babe. It's just a prank and to give you surprise today. I couldn't help but to take revenge on what you did to me on my birthday"

I recalled the pranks I did to her on her birthday back then in March. I still remembered I flirted around with Jessica on purpose just to get her as mad as possible. We looked at each other again and bursted out in laugh.

"I hate you, Taeyeon!" I finally threw a hug on her body and she hugged me back. The others could only look at us with touched hearts.

We continued the party with me back to my real joyful self. From now on I really should be careful to pull a prank on my girlfriend, she could take a scary revenge.

"This is my gift for you" We were almost finished our foods when Taeyeon pulled out a box of gift wrapped beautifully from her bag.

I unwrapped the box in a rush and soon found a large bottle of wine. It was black and had a spade symbol on it. I checked the bottle and it turned out to be the expensive, luxurious, delicious wine I had been craving for these past few months. It was only available outside Korea. Taeyeon had bought this for me since her holiday trip to Europe. She really knew what I wanted.

"Taeyeon, thank you. I really love this" I pulled her into another hug.

Taeyeon then gathered everyone to take a pic after we had finished our dinner. She asked manager oppa to take the pic. After that, we were busy chit-chatting with each others while Taeyeon seemed busy with her phone. Apparently she was posting the pic to her Instagram again.

A sudden idea popped out of my mind. I took the wine she gave me.

"Taeyeon-ah" She turned her head to me. "I want to challenge you for something"

"What?" She set a confused look.

I showed the wine to her. "Drinking race"

"S- Sunny, I.." Taeyeon hesitated. "I can't drink much. Besides, we still have practice tomorrow"

"Oh, that could be taken care of later" I opened the bottle and poured some into her glass. "C'mon Taengoo, for my birthday"

She let herself think for a while, but then took the glass. "Fine, for the sake of your birthday"

I smirked. My plan succeeded. Taeyeon had no idea of what I was intending with this plan. I also brought my glass to my mouth and finished it in a one-shot. We went on and on until Taeyeon looked out of control.

"Sunny.. I.. I..." Taeyeon put her head on the table. "I can't take it anymore"

"You give up?" I asked.

She nodded, her head still on the table. Her hair was turning messy because she scratched it in frustration due to the drinks.

"Fine" I smiled. "Then you'll have to go with my plan tonight"

Taeyeon was too tired to listen to me, and that was good. After we're all satisfied, we went back to the van. I carried Taeyeon with my shoulders because she couldn't even walk straight anymore.

She dozed off in the van and completely didn't know that I was going with her back to the dorm and not to my own house. I helped her again walking slowly to her bedroom in the dorm. I put her on the bed and waited a few minutes to check whether she was really too powerless to do anything.

5 minutes and Taeyeon was still lying without any energy left on her bed. I smiled in satisfaction and began to move eagerly toward her. Before that, I made sure that I completely undressed myself and was totally .

I laid on the top of her and kissed her lips, down to her neck, before silently undressing her. She stirred due to the kisses and opened her eyes. I had completed throwing away her jeans and pants when she was finally awaken for real. I continued the kisses, this time from her neck down to her chest, and then her perfect s. How I missed kissing her so much. We had been apart for a few weeks but it felt like a year for me. The sweet scent of her messy hair, her body. I missed them.

But suddenly everything changed out of my expectation. With a fast movement, Taeyeon gripped my wrists, pushed away my body so that I was now the one lying down on the bed. I was too shocked with her sudden actions. This was out of my plan. She quickly rushed to lie on the top of me and attacked my lips fiercely with kisses.

"I'm sorry, Sunny. I know you'd plan for this" She whispered in the middle of her gasps during the kisses. "But you're the one having a birthday, so I'm in charge tonight"

And she finished her sentence before starting her next gift, the birthday .

* * *

"What's this!?" I had my eyes opened so wide in front of my own phone screen. "Who took this picture!?"

I couldn't believe it. It was the scene where Sunny and I were having our drinking race last night!

Yuri took a glance at my screen and then laughed. "Taeyeon-ah, you don't remember? we even posted it secretly to your Instagram!"

"YOU DID WHAT!?" I almost screamed. I quickly opened my Instagram and found that what Yuri had said was true. One of our members had posted this picture with the comment ':)'. "ARE YOU ALL CRAZY!? WHAT IF THE FANS FIND OUT THAT..."

"That what? That you and Sunny are having a relationship and had a birthday after drinking last night? You're too paranoid for that. Besides, it's too late to delete that pic. I think all fans saw it already"

I grew speechless and could only stare blankly at my phone. But Yuri was true. It's too late to delete the picture now.

"It's okay, Taeyeon. Let the fans think what they want to think. You two don't really look drunk in that picture though" Yuri laughed and walked away.

I let out an embarassed, surrendering laugh and rubbed my face. Only a week later did I find out that Sunny was the one who asked the others to take the pic and post it, as a revenge for having pulled a prank on her.

Remember, always be careful of the pranks you do to your girlfriend. Revenge can be really scary.