Final

Evermore

Jiyoung was surely the kind of girl who never believed on love at the first sight. Process, because that was what she thought she needed to grow feelings for a person. But then, she realized, not believing in it wasn’t equal with would never experienced it.

They met at her favorite instrument shop. She was uncertain at the beginning, whether it was the guitar which drew her or was it him. However, after realizing that she unconsciously followed him to the railway station, she had no doubt that it was his magic worked on her.

She literally squeezed her brain out, deeming on how to talk to him because she was worried of the probability of losing chance, and the weird anxiety of losing him. Using the guitar as excuse, she dared her self to talk to him.

“Excuse me…”

You are crazy. Her consciousness had shouted. She ignored.

He will think of you as a weirdo. Another one came, but she stood facing him despite it, with the timid and anxious looks on her face.

One…two…three…

A small smile spread on his fine lips, eliciting the work on his face’s muscle, crept onto his eyes.

She felt beyond relief.

Later, he told that he knew she was following him through all the time and intentionally let her did it.

***

Their first date was on the dock of the Tokyo Bay in Odaiba. They sat there facing the view of Rainbow Bridge in front, obviously showing awkwardness with the distance between them. He brought the guitar and strummed it in between their conversation. He was swaying left to the right, while she sat hugging her knees.

She found out that they were totally different in personalities. He was the timid one, while she was well-known with her bright self. But he was willing, very, for a stranger, to make the effort of trying to make her feel the comfort she deserved. Because he was just the same as her, didn’t want to let their chance to be together slipped through his fingers.

The clumsiness all gone after he took out a Polaroid camera out of no where.

“Have you ever taken a photo in front of the Liberty Statue replica?” He asked.

She shook her head for truthfully it was her first time being in that area. It hadn’t been long since she moved to Japan.

So, he took her in front of the infamous object and captured several poses. When it was his turn, she forced him to bring along her purse. The outcome of it was him in the picture looking graceless.

She laughed and laughed, countless time until the silence caught them. Things always went to that direction after wave of noises. They stood mesmerizing into each other’s eyes. He suddenly lifted one hand and fondled her bangs off.

“The wind…”

Electricity ran through her cells as she smiled. Heart beat several times faster. They were so close she could see the mole on the bridge of his nose and breathed the fragrance of his cologne.

When they were about to go off home, she did another brave move, asking for holding hands.

He secretly praised the Lord as they walked hand in hand, for her boldness.

***

 

Obviously he was not the first guy that crept into her heart but in those times they spent together, he made lots of first memories for her. The first guy she fell without much thinking, without contemplating the pros and contras. The first guy she shared her interest for guitar and music―she obviously studied finance in college and her family were against her interest. The first guy she composed a song with. The first guy she allowed to come to her home, her personal space. The first guy she dated without using mask, without hiding her flaws or without her pretending to be someone else.

But, he was also the first guy who broke her heart unintentionally. The first guy who made her felt the pain she couldn’t heal.

At that night he went missing without telling her anything, he had, without knowing, brought her heart along him. She desperately searched for him but then just to realize she knew very little about him. That all they talked about in those happy times were about her, her worries, and her dreams, and music. She had relied on him so much, thing she never did before because it was hard for her to trust people, and drowned her self in the comfort her always gave.

Years passed and she had stopped looking for him. But she couldn’t help to stop by the places they used to visit from time to time. A small part of her heart wishing that he would appear, out of nowhere, like the very first time they met. Though she had told everyone who asked that she was just hate the trouble of moving to another place, who didn’t know that was a lie? She was waiting, afraid that he wouldn’t be able to find her if she moved out.

But nothing really happened. He didn’t come, nor did a letter or anything that indicated he was still living somewhere in this universe, that he still remembered her and all those promises they made.

Everything about him suddenly became so painful. It hurt a lot, making her cringe in pain and cried over nights. People told her to forget, so she tried. But as much as she wanted to lose it all, the feelings, the memories, the pain, she just couldn’t. Because every time she tried to forget, the longing of him came back hitting her like a boomerang.

In the end, she told her self, maybe she had just to accept the fact that they were not just meant to be. And that even though they couldn’t be, she would just accept the fact that she would never see any other people in the way she felt for him before, the fact that she would live all her life carrying him in her heart.

**********************************************************************************************************

 

 

 

Author's Note:

isn't Jiyoung and Geonil look lovely in the MVs?