( V )

Test Of Love.

 

Chapter (V)
[ Forever? Always. ]

Word count : 1 6 6 8

 

She found herself in a heaven-like place. She wasn’t injured and she felt normal. Around her were trees, but they were purple in color. The sky was filled with pink clouds and she could hear the sounds of waterfalls around her. Soon she felt a cold dot on her head. She looked up to realize it was slowly snowing. “Am I dead?” she croaked out softly as she wandered around barefooted. Even though she wasn’t wearing any shoes, she felt very comfortable walking on the green grass. She was wearing a white floral dress that covered her knees perfectly. After looking down on her dress, she realized this was the dress Chanyeol had bought for her to wear for prom.

She didn’t know what she was doing there and she was really sure she wasn’t on Earth. She on the edge of the waterfall with her legs dangling on the edge where she could feel the breeze of the water rushing down. She felt so peaceful, yet at ease. “Feels nice, doesn’t it?” she heard a voice speaking up from behind her. Her eyes widened when she could analyze whose voice it was. She turned around only to be greeted with a smile she had missed for years. “D-Dad?” She croaked out as he suddenly sat down beside her. “Yeah, it’s me.”

“A-Am I dead?” she asked as he chuckled. “No sweetheart. You were just..on a little test.” She furrowed her eyebrows before she pouted. “T-Test?” she asked as he nodded his head as he stared at the water flowing down in the waterfall. “Didn’t anything strange happen to you?” he asked as she could easily tell maybe he was behind all of this. “W-Well, for some odd reason, one day I woke up and I was sixteen again. I was with Kang Chen and I just met Chanyeol. From there, I..”

“From there you broke up with Kang Chen and got to be with Chanyeol faster than the previous time.” He finished her sentence before she nodded her head. “A-And after that?” he asked as she gulped. “After that..we were happy but Kang Chen wasn’t.” she stared at her feet as he waited for her to go on. “And because of that, he tried to run Chanyeol over with his car and I got in the way to-“

“You got in the way to safe Chanyeol’s life.” Her father finished her sentence for her and she found herself nodding her head again. “What kind of test is that?” she asked as her father chuckled. She definitely missed his laugh ever since he died in a tragic car accident to pick up a cake for her sixth birthday. “A test of love.” He smiled before he turned to look at her. “T-Test of love?” she asked as he nodded his head. “Wasn’t it obvious enough?” he asked as she kept quiet. “Even though you had a chance with Kang Chen again, you insisted on being with Chanyeol so much. And Chanyeol on the other hand, he could’ve tried to work things out with Jin Pae who liked him but instead he went after you. Even though he only knew you for a few weeks, he was madly in love with you already. You shown so much love to him to the extend where you protected him to get injured.”

She gulped before she shook her head. “S-So now what?” she asked as he clapped his hands. “Now you get back to where you left off.”

“W-Where I left off? What do you mean?” she asked as slowly her father disappeared. “D-Dad!” she  cried but she couldn’t move or reach out to him. It was getting brighter and brighter until she had to shut her eyes tight.

She opened her eyes only to find herself on a hospital bed. She couldn’t move as she felt a person’s head beside her but she couldn’t focus on that right now. She looked down on her hands and she placed one hand on her face. “Am I back to the present?” she whispered as she looked around the room and saw bouquet of flowers everywhere. There was a calendar on the wall and she narrowed her eyes to look at the date. ‘21st May 2012.’ A smile crept onto her face the moment she realized she was in the present again. “B-But how did I end up like this?” she asked as she tried to move around but she couldn’t. It would hurt her back and head if she tried.

Chanyeol woke up beside her as he had fallen asleep beside her on a chair. He wouldn’t leave her side until she woke up. She was in a coma for five weeks now ever since she got into a car accident. She and Chanyeol got into an argument so big that she took her anger out all in driving and little did she know, a truck was coming from her direction thus crashing into her. Chanyeol’s heart fell instantly when he heard the news and he rushed over to be by her side. He sobbed and cried endlessly just waiting for her to wake up.

That was one of the reasons why her father had set up this little ‘test’ for her. It was for her to decide if she loved Chanyeol that much to go through all of this even though she would possibly get hurt in the future. Her love for him was so strong, she couldn’t care about anything else as well as Chanyeol’s love for her. “C-Channie?” she whispered softly as his head shot up to look at her. He smiled widely and his breathings got faster by the second. “Baby?” he croaked out as she gulped. He leaned in to hug her tight. “Finally you’re awake. Please, I’m so sorry. I’m sorry.” He apologized for what he has done wrong but she didn’t even know what was going on. All she knew was she was contended to be by his side in the present again.

“W-what’s wrong?” she asked as she patted his back. He was already in tears just hugging her and listening to her voice he thought he would never have the chance to listen to again. “I thought you’d never wake up.” His voice cracked as he choked on his tears. “Shh..” she hushed him as he broke the hug to sit beside her on the bed. She placed a hand on his cheek to wipe his tears away. “I’m here now. And I’m never leaving your side.” She shook her head as he smiled. “You promise? We’ll go through everything together?” She nodded her head before he leaned in closer.

“You’re sure?” he asked as she smiled soflty. “I’m sure if you’re sure.” From that point he didn’t hold back to press his lips onto hers. To them now, regardless of the past or the present they swore to be there for each other regardless of anything. After a little while when both of them had calmed down, Kyung Jee decided to tell him about the little test she went through. “Do you know, when I was in the coma I was actually on a test?” Even though they were in a hospital, somehow Chanyeol was laying down beside her on the bed with her head resting on his chest. At first it hurt her head a little but she insisted on resting her head on his chest.

Her arms were wrapped around his waist as he enveloped her in his arms. “Test?” he asked as he was curious of what the test was about. “I got the chance to go back in time when I was just sixteen. When I met you and everything.” She said softly as he chuckled. “I was a dork back then, wasn’t I?” he asked as she shook her head on his chest. “Oh? I wasn’t? What happened?”

“For one, I broke up with Kang Chen before he broke up with me.” She admitted as he gave a soft pinch at the side of her waist. “That’s my baby girl.” She chuckled before she went on, “Hmm..you didn’t get in a relationship with Jin Pae though.” His eyes widened as he looked down on her. “Then, who did I get together with?” he asked as she lifted a hand to point at her face. He grinned before he gave a peck on her hand that was pointing at herself. “Anything else?”

“Kang Chen tried to kill you by running you down with his car but I sort of..got in the way.” She whispered that part softly as he leaned away from her to look down on her again. “Why did you do that for?” he asked as he furrowed his eyebrows. “You should never do that. What if you were to get hurt real bad?” he asked as she chuckled sheepishly. “I sort of lost a lot of blood when I saved you like that.”

He gave a light tap on her head before saying, “You see, you got hurt really badly because of that. I never want you to do that anytime now. You got it?” he asked as she shook her head. “I’m going to do anything it takes just to save you. I don’t care if I get myself killed.” He placed a finger on her lips as he shushed her. “Don’t you ever say that. Ever.” He pulled his hand away before she chuckled. “Have I ever told you what a big dork you are?”

“Have I ever told you no matter what a big dork I am, I’ll love you forever and always?” She shook her head before he pulled her closer. “Well then, I’ll tell you every single day just so you’ll remember.” She let out a soft “Mmm..” before drifting off into her sleep where she could feel at ease now. “Kyung Jee,” he called her out as she hummed in response. “I love you.”

“I love you too, dork.”

 

 

 


A u t h o r ' s     N o t e : SO do you guys get it ? Do you? Do You ? I HOPE SO ! :D hahaha.. If not I guess I'll PM you a short description about everything but probably you all should be able to put the pieces together already :) I've changed the title of the story and the poster (which isn't as nice as the first one anymore /: ) because it suits the story more now I guess. I used the title "Gone" because I didn't exactly thought of the whole thing yet so yeah. :) off to the next oneshot!