Chapter 1

Living with Danger

 

Police sirens wailed and several people holding flashlights wandered around the huge garden surrounding the mansion, looking for clues that may help them find the killer. Unfortunately for them, the culprit was already driving in a sleek, black car, miles away from the crime scene. His phone started ringing so he pulled over on the side of the road and answered it, “I take it the target is dead now?” a rough voice at the other end said, “Yes” he replied “And there is no evidence that could trace back to you?” continued the rough voice “No” “Well then you seem to have done the job well, as expected from one of Seoul’s best assassins. I’ll keep in touch as I may require your services in future.” The call ended and Hyun Joong kept the phone on the seat beside him and turned the car back on the road and drove.

Half an hour later he pulled up in front of a large house and walked in but suddenly stopped as he was about to turn on the lights, something wasn't right. The French windows in the sitting room were open and through the moonlight he could see that someone had messed up the neatly arranged cushions on the sofa.

 Cautiously taking out his gun Hyun Joong slowly walked towards the sitting room and suddenly all the lights came on, about a dozen men were standing around the house.

 A man walked out of the kitchen and stared at Hyun Joong before sitting down and saying “Has anyone ever told you how annoying you are Kim Hyun Joong? Always managing to slip away at the right moment without leaving a single clue behind. Do you know how long I've spent trying to track you down? Did you really think I would let you live after killing my father?” he smirked.

Hyun Joong didn't have time to reply before the men around the sitting room started firing at him. He quickly hid behind the sofa and shot at the men with alarming accuracy. All the while he was shooting he was slowly moving towards the door, when suddenly someone shot at his arm. Hissing in pain he turned around to see Jungmin glaring at him, he ducked as Jungmin shot at him again managing to kick him in the stomach before pushing him aside and running to the door. Bullets flew past him as he quickly opened the door ran outside. He jumped into his car and drove away.


 

Hyun Joong had spent the night in his car after managing to find some bandages to stop the wound on his arm from bleeding. At present he was at a small park sipping on some coffee and looking through the newspaper trying to find a new place to stay in, somewhere Jungmin would never think of looking.

One small advertisement caught his eye; the place was just outside the centre of Seoul, it was an annexed flat and it seemed to have all the basic requirements. He folded up the newspaper and walked towards his car.