Party

Project Undercover Boss

 

“Ah Min! You’re here. Where have you gone?” Ari asked Min when she came into her office. Min looked disheveled; her hair was messy and her clothes were all ragged. “What the heck happened to you?”

 

“Long story short; I got robbed while finding the newbie,” Min explained the unrealistic but real situation to Ari and it got so confusing until she refused to hear until the end.

 

“That’s so creepy. Anyway, I’m glad that you’re back. I need you to watch over the newbie for a while and check whether he’s doing well. Don’t let him meet Mr. Lee first; he doesn’t want to feel Mr. Lee’s wrath just yet.”

 

“Noted. Anything else, Miss Park?”

 

“Nothing. And we’re going out tonight, joining us?” Ari asked but Min shook her head.

 

“I’m going home and take a nice bath. I feel dirty,” Min answered. “See you next Monday, Miss Park.” She bowed and left the office, holding the door open for Si Young, who was now fully prepared to party later.

 

“My dear, please hurry up and get ready. We’re going off now,” she moved forward to her table and dumped all her personal stuff into her bag and pushed aside all her documents and file to the corner of her table. Ari didn’t even have time to process what was going on when Si Young grabbed her wrist and pulled her out of the office. “Scan your card and lock your room.”

 

Just following orders, Ari did what was told. “Done, now let’s get going!”

 

~~

 


“Guys, are you ready?” Si Young asked and head counted the number of people that will be attending the party later.

 

“Yes!” they chorused.

 

“No…” Ari whispered but Si Young heard it and stabbed her in the ribs.

 

“Let’s go then! The bus is here!”

 

“Oh my gosh, we got a bus?” Ricky half squealed half yelled, earning looks of disgust from his two other female colleagues. “You got a problem with me, Ara and Sara? Are you guys twins or something? Your names sounds alike, same goes to both your personality.”

 

The twins rolled their eyes. “Oh please, just get moving, shorty.”

 

“Hey – that’s mean.”

 

“So?” Ara said, placing her nose high up in the air. “What do you really want, Ricky?”

 

Ricky gulped. “I – “

 

“Pretty ladies, please start walking, ladies’ first.” Kris intercepted and did a gentleman bow, allowing the girls to proceed first. The twins’ faces changed from disappointed to happiness.

 

“Yes, of course Kris,” the twins flipped their hair and strutted in front of him. “Oh gosh, he’s totally hot.” Ara giggled as she whispered to Sara.

 

“Yes, I know right!”

 

Ricky, who was directly behind them, heard everything and did an eye roll. He faced Kris, narrowing his eyes to him. “Seriously, Kris?”

 

Kris shrugged his shoulders nonchalantly, as if all these were extremely normal for him. “Well, it’s in my blood, I guess.” To be honest, this was in fact his first time acting like this and he kinda liked it.

 

 

**

 

“All right, identity cards out to show to those dogs of the club!” Si Young said, flashing her identity card out for the rest to see. They managed to pass through easily except for Kris who stood there refusing to let the bouncers inspect his card. Ari slammed her brows down, irritated that the newbie is stalling too much time.

 

“What’s wrong, Kris?” Si Young went to him, offering her help. “Omo – Don’t tell me you’re underage!”

 

“I’m not.” Kris stated. But if he showed his identity card to those bouncers, they’ll definitely know that he’s the CEO of this club. What a mess.

 

“Then? What are you waiting for? Let’s go!” Si Young pulled his hand forward but he wouldn’t budge.

 

“It’s okay. I need to settle some business first at home. Besides, I don’t really feel like partying tonight. You all can go ahead, I’ll join in next time.” Kris pulled back and slipped his card back into his pocket.

 

Si Young sighed. “Well, if you say so. We won’t force you. Go on ahead.”

 

“Thank you, Miss Kim. See you on Monday.” Kris took her hand in his and placed a soft kiss on it. He straightened and let her go, not forgetting to give her a wink. Si Young reddened and grew flustered.

 

“Y-yeah, bye.”

 

“Oh my gosh, such a flirt. Just go home, newbie!” Ari, who grew irritated after watching the whole situation spat. “I can’t believe he did that. That Casanova. Come on, stop being dreamy.” Ari helped her overly-smitten friend up and into the club.

 

“Why did you even suggesting partying in a club that was owned by the Wu group. What if people sees us in here?” Ari shouted into Si Young’s ear when they went in. The club was practically bustling with people that it was nearly impossible for them to even head up to the VIP floor.

 

Si Young finally snapped out of her trance and squeezed her way up to the VIP floor and into the room that she booked. Inside, Si Young pulled Ari in and closed the door. “OH MY GOD!!!!! AHHHHHHHH!!! I CAN’T BELIEVE IT OH MY GOSH, ARI-AH I’M IN LOOOOVEEEE!~”

 

Ari took in a ragged breath. “Jeez, relax.” She sat down on the comfy couch and popped a can of beer. “I don’t really like that newbie, though.”

 

Si Young advanced toward me. “How can you say that!” she placed on leg on the coffee table, making the chips and cups jumped. “He’s like David the beautiful angel oh my gosh how perfect can he get?!” Si Young went up the coffee table and spread her arms wide, being overly dramatic. Ari rolled her eyes the sixth time now. “His voice is so perfect and when he kissed me - ” she paused, locking her eyes at Ari. “A part of me died.”

 

“Wow, Si Young. You have potential.”

 

“Really? You think I can be his girlfriend?”

 

“No, you have the potential to be an actress,” Ari said feeling bored. She should find Ricky and the twins. “And if you’re going to be like this in a club, don’t invite me the next time, honey.”

 

Si Young grunted and came down from the table, finally managing to grab hold of herself. She brushed her dress and checked her makeup and grinned. “Let’s rock some body, shall we?”

 

“Whatever,” Ari waved her hand, laughing. “You’re so weird, I swear.”

 

She came up to Ari and slung her arm over her shoulders. “I know you love me.” Before the both of them exited the room, Si Young stopped Ari. “I called dibs on Kris, you know, right?”

 

Ari sighed. “Take him for all you want, I won’t even care.”

 

“You’re the best-est friend, ever!”

 

Ari chuckled, “You can say that again.”