chapter 6

Love is A Magical Thing

 

 

Chapter 6

When Sorcerer Do took an Advice From a Talking Beaver

 

 

Sorcerer Do exhaled his breath slowly, focusing his attention toward the connection between his mind and the energy field he had given onto the Cherry Underwood forest and the water sources. Tingling sensation began to form all over his body. The surge of energy hummed faintly, singing a faint melody only he could hear.

He frowned. Something was not right. There was a disturbing incongruous flow of energy, creating cacophonous, inharmonious tune. It was as if something was trying to break into the energy field he created. Something that had enough source of energy to maintain itself for seven days. The lines between his eyes went deeper. He did not detect anything out of place before, and any power with this level of intensity should have been spotted easily.

 

 

Prince Jongin gazed intensely at Sorcerer Do. He knew something was disturbing Sorcerer Do's peace of mind. The sorcerer's expression remained calm as always, but the subtle changes his face made did not go unnoticed by the prince, as his eyes never left the latter from the very beginning.

 

His Kyung Kyung's huge eyes got slightly larger, blinking two times less than usual. The left corner of his lips twitched, it was subtle, but Prince Jongin could tell even with his eyes half-opened. His eyes were half-opened most of the time, anyway.

 

"What's the matter, Kyungie?" He asked softly, carefully so as to not break the sorcerer's concentration.

 

The sorcerer gave Prince Jongin a short glance, huffing heavily. "There is something wrong. I need to figure it out before the energy reaches its peak and triggers the first rainfall," Sorcerer Do answered grimly. He didn't have much time. The accumulated energy would be released soon. To chant a contra-spell at this rate was impossible, and he could be harmed badly if he tries to force the energy to cease. The only solution was to destroy the source of the unknown flow of energy.

 

"Yo yo yo!" A squeaky voice distracted his thought. Sorcerer Do ran his gaze over the area to find the source, but all he could see were endless lines of cherry trees and a prince.

 

"How about you bend your pretty head a little bit lower babe?"

Sorcerer Do unwillingly complied. "Down, down, down, down," the voice owner squeaked in a high-pitched, irritating tone.

 

Sorcered Do grunted, but did as he was told nonetheless. He lowered his line of sight, looking for the voice owner. The sorcerer grouched as he found what he believed the thing that was talking to him. It was a talking beaver. The aquatic rodent stood gallantly, its flat broad tail was tucked between its webbed hind-feet. The beaver raised its eyes toward the sorcerer, looking at him with a smoldering gaze. Thick brown fur covered its body, slightly longer over the head area, closely (and strangely) resembling heavy bangs, long and rounded around its face.

 

"What are you?" The sorcerer gruffed.

"Name's Justin Beaver babe," the cocky beaver swayed its fringe stylishly. "I feel a tug inside my heart seeing those creases formed on your pretty little face. What's up babe?" It grinned, showing its huge front teeth.

Sorcerer Do huffed. He thought he'd go crazy; he was about to confer his problem to a talking beaver (an obnoxious one at that), but he really could not think any other way. The clock was ticking, and the unidentified energy might explode anytime.

 

He breathed deeply. "Are you always this chatty and highly not socially-acceptable?" He asked monotonously.

The beaver grasped its furry chest exaggeratingly with its claw, face looked as if it was in pain, "Baby, baby, baby, no. Ouch, your words gonna make me goin' down, down, down," the beaver paused, scrunching up its face to express a broken hearted beaver, before continuing,

"I've always been a handsome soul, but only just recently being granted to be able to speak in your language, beautiful. A wise and charismatic sorcerer named Oh Sehun gave me this useful ability. He said that I looked like his ultimate bias, whatever he meant by the term." The beaver his bangs, its palm.

 

"Anyway, what can I do to lessen your problem, sweet cheeks?"

 

Sorcerer Do cupped his cheeks in desperation. He could not believe it, this was too preposterous. Of all the beavers, Sorcerer Oh had to give the ability of speaking to the most obnoxious one. He knew Sorcerer Oh was a bad case when he first saw him in his rainbow hair glory, swaying his non-existence bottom. Sorcerer Do grumbled, massaging his forehead. "Do you happen to know the cause of this energy field's disturbance, dear beaver? I know that a rodent is sensitive enough to sense the flow of energy."

 

A high-pitched screech was heard shortly afterward, "Baby, baby, baby, no! Don't compare me with those filthy rats, look at my shiny, broad flat tail," the beaver tapped its hairless tail, "Rats ain't no have this kind of beauty, babe. But yes, to answer the question, beautiful, I know what causes the problem." The beaver winked, bringing out its broad flat tail to tap it lightly to the ground.

 

"At least your speaking ability could be put to good use," Sorcerer Do grumbled. "Now tell me, please."

 

Prince Jongin squealed inside. The view of his Kyung Kyung talking to a fluffy small creature so cutely was too much for him. His Kyung Kyung was just too cute, even small creatures adored him, mesmerized by Kyungie's beauty. The prince covered his mouth, preventing a shriek to escape, and when that didn't work, he shoved his fist into his mouth.

 

Justin Beaver brought its claw toward the sorcerer's ankle, patting gently, "Listen babe, everything happens for a reason," the beaver said wisely.

"Anyway, the one who gave me the ability to speak seems like the same person that causes you the trouble," the beaver continued hurriedly, "Of course, the insanely handsome soul most definitely didn't mean to. It was his friend who seemed taking too much liking of the light."

 

"What do you mean?" Sorcerer Do bent his body lower, frowning.

 

"The shiny stones were the cause of the problem. Sorcerer Oh put a spell over the rocks to magnify their ability to shine, but it was his friend who was out of his mind. He kept asking for more and more light. Man, you should see the way that person, Byun Baek-something if I'm not mistaken, dancing under the crazy light. Green light flashed in all direction, it was crazy man. He even pleaded Sorcerer Oh to form the rocks into ball-form, casting the rocks to float slightly under the trees. He said that it would be nice if the rocks were able to rotate, casting flashy green colored light. Fortunately Sorcerer Oh was able to tame his obsession." The beaver shivered.

 

"Remind me to curse your Royal Advisor once we got back," Sorcerer Do hissed between his clenched teeth as he threw a glance at Prince Jongin.

 

Justin Beaver tilted his head to a side, its claw happily. The furry creature did not realize the impact of the information it had just spilled to a certain eyeliner-devotee.

"In short, somehow the spell interflows with your cute little field of energy. Well, not so little if I may add, you know, sometimes the stones shine too brightly, only for a couple seconds, but man, it was so bright all I could see was green. Green really is not my color, you know, make my fur look ghostly pale, I know that because I have met a ghost named Emmet and-"

 

"Thank you for the information, but please, give me some peace to think of the contra spell. The energy will explode soon. I really don't want to predict what it can cause us."

"Oops, you're right. As much as I love you, I gotta go, babe. Adios, beautiful!" The beaver flicked its fringe, bringing its claw toward its forehead to form a salute sign.

"I hope I'll never see you again," Sorcerer Do grumbled inaudibly, but apparently his words could be caught by the beaver's ears well. It shook its furry head, bangs swayed to the left and right.

 

"Never say never," Justin Beaver winked, "We'll meet again, gorgeous, you better believe in this beaver. Be a believer," the beaver said, wiggling its brows.

 

"Now I'm all gone, gone, gone, gone." Justin the beaver dropped its upper limbs, raising its claw slightly to the right of the eye in a flamboyant manner, "Nice to see you, my Prince. You've got yourself such a foxy cute thing, you lucky royal," it teasingly said.

 

"I know, right? Hey, I like you, how about we meet some other time, maybe to have a cup of tea or something, and we can-"

Sorcerer Do glared at him.

"Sorry." Prince Jongin grinned sheepishly, rubbing the back of his head.

 

"I'm gone," the beaver uttered its last words as it began to have its way out (beavers are slow on land, and so it took the beaver forever to disappear from Sorcerer Do's sight).

 

Justin Beaver hummed happily as it walked, its tail lightly rubbed the ground, "Baby baby baby oh, like baby baby baby no, like..."

 

 

 

***

 

 

Finally the beaver's gone. Sorcerer Do let out a heavy sigh. Phosporus Mirabilis stones. The light bearer, emitting its light for the eternity.

 

I should have guessed, he thought. They were harmless, but with a spell casted upon them they become a highly dangerous source of power. If I know about the matter earlier, I would have casted the precaution spell, but crying over spilled milk will bring no use.

 

Their energy is low, but it emits eternally, means endless source of energy. After seven days it would build up enough amounts to explode the whole farm, if not more. I don't know how many of them have been planted over the area, but judging from the amount I saw on the way here, I'm guessing over a thousand. It seemed like I would have to use up all my energy to destroy the stones, he sighed sourly. Let's just hope I have enough power in me.

 

The sorcerer tightened his grip over his wooden carved sorcerer stick. He could only store a certain amount of energy there. I might have enough power to destroy half of the amount with the energy inside the stick, but I have to take care of the rest using my own power.

 

Sorcerer Do knew he did not have the energy needed, but he was confident enough that if he used all of his aura, he would be able to cease the destruction it may cause. He didn't voice out his thought, because he was sure it would make Prince Jongin furious (Sorcerer Do insisted that he did not want the prince to get in his way by rambling upon his safety, not that he was worried about the prince in any kind of way).

 

The sorcerer closed his eyes, his mind raced to find the most efficient spell, the one that hopefully would not cause him end up sleeping for a thousand years or explode the whole area (as much as he hated to be put to sleep for a thousand years, it was the prince he was concerned about. Prince Jongin would not come back alive along with the cherry farm. He would too, but that's a different case). Sorcerer Do grumbled, tilting his head toward the prince behind him,

 

"Now that I have found out the cause, it would be very easy for me to cast the contra spell. Please go away from my sight. Your presence will only ruin my concentration." The sorcerer raised a hand, shooing Prince Jongin away. "We'll meet in fifteen minutes. This kind of spell won't take too much time."

 

"But I was there when you casted your spell the first time, Kyungie, and you seemed fine. I know I'm a concentration wrecker though," Prince Jongin said, wiggling his eyebrows.

"No. My Charm would work better when I'm alone. Go," the sorcerer said calmly.

"But your charm works really well on me, you got me smitten, Kyung Kyung," Prince Jongin insisted. A foolish grin adorned his face.

"Not that kind of charm...!" Sorcerer Do cried, cupping his cheeks in desperation. "Aura, energy, power, whatever you call it."

 

He sighed. "I don't have time for this. Just do as I say. Now go."

Prince Jongin's playful attitude was replaced by a stern expression, his gaze fixed upon the smaller male ahead. "No," he answered shortly.

"GO!" The sorcerer shouted. He glared at the prince, pushing him away with its intensity. Sorcerer Do's body stiffened, his fists clenched hard on each side. The Phosporus Mirabilis stone shone over him, engulfing his body inside its green light.

"Go..." He repeated, pleading.

Prince Jongin calmly walked closer toward his beloved one.

"No." He smiled.

 

 

 

 

...............................................................................................................................................................................................................................

 

 

 

A/n.

thank you for the beta, [email protected])

And to a certain idol fandom: please don't kill me, bbuing bbuing with cherry on top?