Diary of Jia, The Royal Guard

Royal Love

Anneyeong, my name is Jia, what Jia? I don’t really have a family name, hence Jia is not even my real name, I actually belong to a very evil and cruel organization that teach people to kill when they are still very young, they will kidnap potentials children and taught them to assassinate.

I just knows how to walk when they took me in the organization, I went for my first real battle when I was 6, that was the first time I meet His Majesty the King, Commander of the Royal Guard of Falena, King JongKook. It was 8 years ago, that’s right, I’m 14 right now.

King JongKook had found me, well not literally because we are actually invading them, nevertheless, King JongKook thought that I shouldn’t be treated like that and he saw that my soul is not completely vanish, he believe that my assassin blood can be treated, he was right.

Since then I’ve been living with the royal family, they treated me like their own child, Queen jiHyo and King JongKook never gave me less love than their children, they treated me equally, the same treatment and the same love. However of course, they had to put their limit, as they’re royals and this will affect the country if people said bad things about their courtesy towards me.

Therefore, they made me into one of the royal guards and keep me safe and close to them. Since I’ve already know how to fight and combat, being in the Royal Guard is not really a problem to me. You may thought that 16 way too young to be in the most strong defense of the royal family, well, you thought wrong, whoever that pass the tests and have fulfill all the qualifications is indeed capable of being the royal guards hence, another of my co-worker is 15 this year and also a female, we have young people and old people in our guards but all of us are equally strong.

Our jobs is to ensure the royals families are safe 24/7, therefore our sixth sense must be strong too, by that I mean we must always aware of the surrounding and be able to combat at any circumstances, our immunity towards poisons and drugs also should be high. All of the royal guards have their own fighting specialty, mine is the used of nunchaku, it’s a type of sword.

Since their safety is at risk, even the royal family knows how to combat, well the male royal’s like the King and the prince does. The King is the commander of the royal guards, of course he knows combating, the prince and the queen’s younger sister learn combating because they went traveling a lot. The queen’s have true rune bearded in her body, she have the Sun Rune, the most powerful rune in this world, it’s also the symbol of the queendom.

As I said, each of us have to protect the royal family, and it’s the most important job to do because right now the rich and powerful and greedy if I may add, they tried to steal the royal’s throne, they are using all methods available, political or non. So the safety of the royal families is at risk. I’m in charge of protecting the prince, I’m Prince SooHyun’s bodyguard. Not that he really needed one, because he’s already strong himself, we practice together since we were kids, but its protocol, and not like we hate it, we are close because I’m unofficially their adopted family.

The prince and I had been bestfriends since the King adopted me, we were 2 years apart, he’s older than me. Everywhere the Prince goes, I would follow, people actually suggest that I marry the prince, so that I can be real daughter of King JongKook and Queen JiHyo, hell no, it will be like marrying my own brother and that’s disgusting. No I never have feelings towards the prince, eventhough I really really really loves him, that feeling is the feeling of what a sister felt towards her brother.

The bandit prince, as everyone calls him, but I’ll just called him impostor, the stupid impostor that had tarnished my prince’s good names. First time I met him, is when the prince, Lady Yuri (she is the Queen’s younger sister), TaeYang (Lady YuRi’s bodyguards and yes, another royal guard) and I went to his lair. In this queendom, the princess will get hold of the throne, so the prince is assigned to do the political businesses and to investigate internal problems so that the citizens and the enemy won’t notice anything.

So, when we’re traveling to Sable, one of the states in Queendom of Falena, it’s located at the border of the queendom and were next to the country that had attacked us 8 years ago, so we’re assuring it safety, we heard rumours that the prince had involve himself in the bandit gang. I mean what is that? The prince had access to all the fine gold and jewels, eventhought he doesn’t get the throne later on, there is no need of him to join the bandit as he’ll surely lives a wealthy life.

All the villagers throw dirty looks at the prince and call him names, I felt really angry that I think that I’m going to attack them, but of course that’s not a wise thing to do. So we decided to investigate, we heard that the bandit prince is hiding at Sable Mountain. Using information given by Lord Shin, Lord of  Sable and accompanied by General CL, she was assigned to protect Sable, we were able to reach the peak, where the bandits are hiding.

Is that so-called bandit prince is totally look alike with Prince SooHyun? Because even the bandits themselves couldn’t identify both of them, we confront them and everyone say they look exactly the same, I’d say no if you ask me, but they said I’m just weird and that I’d spent my time with the prince too much.

However, this impostor is way too much, he steals from the people openly and he even dare to hit on me, what a jerk, I’ll never fall for him. But, this impostor is not actually the same with the prince, he is just very good at disguising and he had disguise rune, which allow him to transform. We learn that they’re not real bandit, it was all Euram Barrow doings, the Barrows’ family is one of the noble that tried to take over the throne.

Euram Barrow had paid them to act like a bandit and disgrace the prince name, it’s all to let the citizens lost their trust towards the royal family, his planned backfired when the bandit prince and us of course, blow his act. The bandit prince named Jang WooYoung then become the prince’s impostor, so that the prince can travel more freely.

This stupid impostor had always hit on me that at some point I think I’ll get sick. Seriously, doesn’t he takes no for answer? Can’t even understand a simple word? No? He even suggested that I follow him to make the ‘disguise’ more real. There is no way I’m going to do that. I’am the apprentice of the Queens’ Knights and I’m the prince’s bodyguard, my job is to be with the prince and protects him every single second. And that’s what I told him strictly, with a few added words that sounded like I really don’t want to be with him? Well that’s not my fault, he disguised as the prince, I have the every right to be cautious and angry.

Okay, he’s in the team now, so far he didn’t do anything except help to the prince, I can’t believe everyone trusting him, even TaeYang,The King’s most trustworthy knight are trusting him. What the hell wrong with all these people? It was when we confront the problem at Beaver Village that I believe his sincere actions. The Beaver village were burnt, the whole village, we went straight to the village as soon as we heard the emergency, the whole village was burning when we arrives  but the incidents actually lies more dark secret than just a fire, it was actually the doing of the dark organization I used to be in. we confront one of the killer, which happen to be my partner when we train to be assassin. His name is Kang DaeSung, he attacks the prince, but actually he was aiming for me. I wasn’t suppose to unnoticed all of his moves, but maybe the memories of the past keep me off balance. I was injected a poison. A new poison they invented themselves that didn’t have any cure.

I passed out right away, it’s a miracle I didn’t die. Jang WooYoung blames Prince SooHyun for not protecting me, that ‘s not even the prince’s fault why blame him? But the prince’s also felt extremely guilty. I was in the state of coma, I had been put in the infirmary, where the two great doctors from the royal team and from the nation’s elite team work together to cure me.

A mystery lady gave us hint on how to cure me, by using the true rune, there are only a few true rune that exist in this world, rune’s is a magical power that allow the bearers to used it power, the common rune is widely exist in this world and can be bear by anyone, there are also rare runes that power are slightly greater than common runes, true rune however, choose their own bearer and cannot be bear by just anybody. There are three true runes that had become the symbol of our queendom, there are Sun Rune, Dawn Rune and Twilight Rune. The Sun Rune was beared by the Queen and the Dawn Rune had chosen the prince to be it bearer. The prince traveled to west ruin, to obtain the Twilight Rune.

From the moment they lay me down on the bed in the infirmary, until the moment I open my eyes, Jang WooYoung had never leave my side, he only when out only if he is really really needed, and only if it’s important.

As expected, the power of the Dawn Rune, which was possessed by Prince SooHyun and the Twilight Rune who had choosen Lady Yuri as its bearer, that had combined together had cure me. Eventhough both of our most powerful doctors didn’t agree with the uses of rune to treat someone, but they didn’t really have any choice.

I had cured and awake, but my body is still weak, I spent almost a week in the infirmary to gain my strength. I tried to walk, but slowly of course. WooYoung is always there helping me no matter how many times I told him not to. It’s not that I didn’t appreciate his kindness, it just that he had done so much and I can clearly see that he was exhausted.

After a week, I finally found myself again, I’m no longer weak, I feel extremely healthy, I guess the Twilight Rune plays an important part in this. But the prince insists that I stay in the castle for at least another week to fully recover myself, he actually want a month but I manage to persuade him. I was told to rest, but of course I won’t do that, I’m gonna take the time to practice.

That evening, a week after I woke up, I went to the rooftop of the castle, watching sunset as usual, but this time I didn’t go with the prince, I went alone, my sense didn’t leave me after I got sick.

                “I know you there, come out, it’s a free country, everyone is allowed to watch sunset, even for an ex-con.”

I said smiling to myself. He then quietly went out from the back of the building and silently stands next to me.

“I didn’t hide properly enough, that’s why you can sense me”

He nonchalantly said, his eyes didn’t leave the beautiful scenery, we were silently watching the sunset together.

“the prince told me to stay for another week”

“so as I was told, if it me, I’ll ask you to stay for another month”

I let out a small chuckle.

“that’s what the prince said, but I refuse of course”

“well, I’m his impostor after all, I replace his place in the castle, wish I could do the same in the place of your heart”

He said the last word almost like a whisper to himself, but I heard it.

“don’t you dare said that, you can never replace his place in my heart”

I said firmly, finally facing him, he faced me too, with sad looking eyes.

“I know that, don’t worry, to you, I’m just an impostor, a con artist, I’m nothing to you, I “

I stop his ramble by kissing him, yes, he was shock, and so do I. I guess, that’s how our story develops.

[230814hani © thehoneyhani]