Class D!

iluvmyicecream's portfolio | btob [ back to basics ] graphic academy
ILUVMYICECREAM


 
► poster by:
ILUVMYICECREAM

special things: NIL

► layout credit
 
Fb4cyJQ.jpg







 

 

FIRST IMPRESSION: (3/5)

mixed feeling, i like some parts of it and i dislike some parts of it.
 

TECHNIQUE: (21/25)

putting a gif in a poster is a smart technique. it requires a lot of patience to put on that on each frame, however it lowers the quality on both gif and poster. the gif cuts the first part of the motion so the gifs motion isn't flowy or continuing, the cut of the gif is obvious. i suggest make the gif longer or do a fade effect for it.


COLORING: (15/25)

i think you need more visible coloring, i feel like you haven't used any on this. the gif needs coloring. :)
 

TYPOGRAPHY: (18/25)

'My' is too far away from 'broken heart', it feel it's out of place. i can't see the quote below because of the color, darkish gray would be much better. also, with the credits, i suggest you put it on the whiter part next to the gif to make it visible. nice usage of font but there are other fonts that fit more angst themed. a shadow or a embossed effect for the title would make it more popped out and enhance the posters look.
 

USED PICTURES: (10/20)

no photos are used here for characters. the stock photo below isn't really connected with the title 'broken heart', i don't see any connection between snowy japan and a heart broken person.
 

TOTAL: (67/100)

CLASS: D (66-75)

 

NOTE: Class will start on Friday , (18/05). Please report on time by commenting. REVIEWED BY superstar-k