miracle

Miracle
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

A low growls and sniffing sound could be heard around that medium large apartment. The sound getting louder as the time passed. “Damn…” Donghae curses louder as his tears started to fall slowly. He tried to wipe his runny nose with his forearm, in hoping to decrease the burning sensation his eyes suffering from. “ these onions…” He curses again in between sniffing and teary eyes, clearly having a rough time. “Why the hell I’m playing with these damn things so early? It’s ing 7 am!” he’s adding the cursed more and more. His hands works even faster, peeling and slicing the onions. “I will never do this ing thing ever again!” He groans as he slices the last pieces of the onions.

He walked across the counter to the sink; wash his hands and then lets the water seeped through his stingy eyes. The cold water somehow provided temporary relief to his eyes. Feeling better now, he then turned back to the counter. Looking at the onions he just works on by now, he sighed, dissatisfied with how it look. His skill didn’t improve much although he had been practicing his cooking skills everyday. Donghae’s immediately shaking his head before he reminiscence his old memories even deeper. Taking the onions and all other ingredients for making the onion soup that he had prepared before to the stove and he puts it one by one into the pot based on the step that he vaguely remember. He better finish making the soup quickly before….

“Donghae!” before that familiar voice strike. He sighed. Too late… the voice is getting nearer already. “Donghae…” one petite figure appears at the doorway. “Are you done yet?” He said while yawning and one hand brushing his sleepy eyes. “I’m hungry!” the same hand now rubbing his belly. Dragging his big plush toy, he went to sit on the chair at the kitchen counter, facing Donghae’s back.

“5 minutes and then you can eat it.” Donghae continued stirring the soup.

That boy… erk… man, pouted after heard Donghae’s disappointing answer. “5 minutes? So long!”

“Why don’t you watch the tv first? I will call you when it’s done.” He scoops little bit of the soup to taste it whether it is edible or not. He still didn’t really trust his skill because he’s only genius in making a ramen. A wide grinned appeared once the liquid touched his lips, satisfied with his masterpiece finally.

“Don’t want…. I wanna eat…” he said impatiently, the pouted getting longer every second passed.

“Okay, it’s done!” Donghae suddenly claimed as he turns off the stove.

“Really!! Yay… let’s eat now… let’s eat now…” he cheers while bouncing on the chair and clapping his hands, excited with the news he just heard. Another wide smiles bloom on Donghae’s face seeing his excitement over the food. Placing the pot in front the other, Donghae proceed to take other utensils needed. While waiting for Donghae, the other taking his time to sniff over the hot soup and then suddenly moan in delight. “Its smell so good…” he squeals. “Faster… faster….”

“Okay… okay….” Donghae put some of the soup in the bowl and will about to put the bowl in front him when he suddenly stop halfway. The other man looked at him confusedly because of his sudden action. Donghae observes him intently. He pouts and glances annoyingly at Donghae when he didn’t get the food yet. “Have you washed up already?” Donghae inquired. The other suddenly grins and shakes his head innocently. “Didn’t I tell you to wash up first before eating?”

He continued grinning while nodding. “I’m still sleepy… I sleep again after I woke you up… I wanna wash up first but I forgot…” he explained earnestly. “It’s so cold… can I skip this time….” While hugging his flush toy in front, he looks at Donghae with his sparkling, puppy eyes.

“Can not! It’s not good!” he pout again when his tactic didn’t work out. “Come on, let’s wash you up first!” Donghae offered his hand to him.

“Donghae is meanie! Me hate Donghae -ajeossi!” He mumbled loudly and stuck out his tongue towards Donghae, but nonetheless he still takes Donghae’s hand and jump off the chair. Donghae just smile, then tighten the grip of his hand over the other man’s hand and dragged him to the bathroom. Over 5 months already, he had completely adapted with that slightly older man’s behavior.

“Meanie Donghae-ajeossi! I’m done!” that soothing, sweet voice called from the bathroom; staggering Donghae from his reminiscence with that voice owner. Memories that bring happiness.

“Come out now.” Donghae said and wait, but the other still didn’t appear from behind the closed door. “Eunhyuk!?!” He called again, and opens the door immediately when there’s no respond heard. His worried face changed to a relief one, as he saw the other man giggling while playing the bubble foam at his hands despite of his refusal earlier. “I told you to just brush your teeth and wash your face; not playing with the shower foam.”

Eunhyuk immediately turns to him and smiles. “Look… it’s so cool…” He said in awe, blowing slowly through the small hole between his hands, forming a bubble. Letting him playing for a while, Donghae, leaning against the wall, simply watching him playing with amused smirk on his face. That small man is now different but still the same.




“Eomma….” Eunhyuk utter the first word after he opened his eyes, searching for the said person. “Eomma….” He’s sounds more wistful as he can’t found her nowhere in that white room. Only there are two men standing right beside him, watching him with some kind of sorrowful expression. Tears began to form at the corner of his eyes. He was so scared right now, he needs his mom.

“Eunhyuk, did you feel hurt somewhere?” one of them asked him.

“No! Ajeossi, where’s my mom?” He then regretted immediately for shaking his head, when there was a steady pounding in his head.

“Hyuk, calm down…” The other man, that sit beside him said. He looked over to meet a pair of worried eyes, asking the same question. “Don’t worry, you’re alright. Your mom will be here soon.” That man said again, squeezing Eunhyuk’s hand and wiping his tears away. Eunhyuk looked at their locked hands, then back up at the other again, confused with that man’s behavior towards him.

“Really?”

“Yeah!!” That man nods, give him a thin smile.

“Okay….” He said slowly.

“Hey, Donghae…. Let me get the doctor first!” The other man said, patting on that Donghae man’s shoulder.

“Okay, thanks Teukie-hyung.” Eunhyuk looked at the man that walked out from the room, and then once again his eyes landed on that man beside him.

“But ajeossi… who are you?” Eunhyuk didn’t miss the hurtful feeling beside those dark orbs, once he finished uttered the question. But he just too confused to understand it.

“We’re….” that man said; his voice suddenly turned hoarse. Then continued again after a while. “We’re… your friend… don’t you remember?” Eunhyuk shook. “Ah… so sad… we a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter