Tea For Two

Tea For Two

I'm waiting for you on the beach. Don't let the tea get cold.
- Changmin


Junsu was confused. He picked up his mail, and he found a pink note-card from Changmin. Junsu didn't know Changmin very well. To him, Changmin was just someone who lived near-by. Junsu didn't think ill of him; he was just the type of person that liked to keep to himself. He wasn't good at making friends.

Changmin was a very nice person. He always offered to help Junsu with shopping, doing work around the apartment, and anything else that Junsu did. Junsu never asked for Changmin's help because he didn't want to feel like a free-loader, but Changmin helped him anyway. Junsu was very grateful towards him.

Junsu was very suspicious as to why Changmin wanted to meet him this way but he was also curious. He put the note-card into his pocket and left the apartment. He walked through and halls and down the stairs and eventually got to the lobby. Junsu started to think about what he was doing. Should he be following Changmin's instructions? Should he turn around and hide in his apartment? He decided not to, because he didn't want to hurt Changmin's feelings after all that he's done.

Junsu walked out to his car and climbed in. He started the ignition and went on his way. It wasn't a very long drive, but it wasn't very short either. It took him about twenty minutes to reach it. He parked his car as close to the sand as he could and cautiously stepped out, looking for Changmin. Finally Junsu spotted him. He began walking towards him, and as he kept getting closer, he couldn't believe his eyes. The sight took his breath away.

There he was, sitting at a beautifully decorated table. There was a big tea pot in the middle, and there was a chair that was empty. In front of the empty seat was a cup of tea.

"I'm glad that you decided to come. Please sit down and allow me to explain." Changmin said.

Junsu walked like a frightened deer. He sat down at the table. Changmin picked up his cup of tea and took a sip; Junsu watched him.

"Junsu, I've liked you for a long time. The first day I saw you, I thought that you were the most beautiful person that ever lived. I didn't think it was possible for someone as perfect as you to be one of this earth. The only solution I came up with was that you were an angel that fell down from heaven."

Junsu's eyes went wide and his mouth was open. He couldn't believe what he just heard. Changmin took another sip of tea and went on talking.

"That's why I try to be around you as much as possible. It brings me great joy to be close to you, even if it is just helping you bring groceries inside. I've always dreamed, night and day, of having the perfect day with you. That's why I invited you here. I've always wanted to have tea with you. So, even though I know that you don't like men, I want to have this one perfect day with you. Everyday I love you from afar, and I'm happy. Even though we will never be together, I will still be happy with my one-sided love. You can even avoid me for the rest of your life and I'll still love you. But I would be happiest if we could at least be friends."

Junsu felt hot tears spill over and run down his cheeks. Changmin set his cup down and stared at Junsu.

"Changmin, I've never liked a guy before... I don't know how this is supposed to work!" Junsu cried.

Changmin was shocked. "You like me...?"

Junsu looked down at his feet, but he nodded as a response.

"How long have you felt this way?" Changmin asked.

"A very long time... At first I didn't know why I started to feel that way for a man, because I was raised differently. My parents always told me that someday I would marry a nice girl. We never saw men out together either. But then, one day..."

Junsu couldn't continue. The sobs that came from him broke Changmin's heart. He stood up, grabbed his chair, and pulled it over to Junsu. He sat down and took the crying man's hand in his.

"What happened?"

Junsu took a moment. "I had to stay a little late to get some tutoring in school. The tutor left and I was packing my things to go home, and right as I was at the classroom door to leave, I heard two boys talking. They were saying very loving and romantic things to each other. I peeked my head out of the door to see what was going on, and I saw them kiss. I went home and told my parents about it, and they were very angry. They contacted the school but they said that there was nothing they could do. They told me that what those boys did was immoral and that I should never get involved with things like that. So, when I started to like you, I was so afraid... I couldn't talk to my parents about it because I didn't want to disappoint them! I was so afraid and scared and lonely! I didn't know what to do and I still don't!"

Changmin felt awful. He couldn't believe that Junsu felt this way. He took Junsu into his arms and his hair.

"It's okay Junsu. No matter what happens, you will always have me. I'll always be here for you. Do you love me, Junsu?" Junsu nodded against Changmin's chest. "Is that alright with you?"

Again Junsu nodded. Changmin held Junsu closer.

"Then that's it. If you love me, you love me. Everything will be fine. I'll be here to protect you. For as long as I live, I will never, ever hurt you. I'm here for you forever. I will never leave you. Do you trust me?"

"Y-Yes... I trust you Changmin..."