Cold Spring Night

A Cold Spring Night

 

Cold Spring Night

A homin short story.

I lay here. Breathing in the fresh air and feel the long, green grass lay under my body, tickling my skin on my arms, neck and face. I watch as the stars shined above me, loving the way they twinkled, as if winking at me, there light reflecting in my eyes. Watching as the moon hanged there in the sky, surrounded by the many stars it shared the night with, it seemed to smile at me in its glowing grace. I felt warm despite the cold, crisp wind. I closed my eyes, smiling softly to myself, wanting the sun to never rise, to leave me here in my bliss. Letting the air of the spring night flow against me, moving my bangs slightly on my forehead. Letting me feel wanted. I don’t want the sun to rise and bring me back to the reality of life, since for me, the sun rising was a cruel act.

I felt the presence of someone else beside me, lying on the grass alongside me, admiring the sky with me. I didn’t need to open my eyes to see who it was. The sound of his breathing, the touch of his skin against mine was enough to tell me who it was. Smile still on my face, I laid there, the moon still there, twinkling stars still there when I opened my eyes. He his side, towards me, smiling just as I am, the light reflected in our eyes the same, just like the stars looking down on us in their silent beauty. We our alike. We lay here night after night, watching the stars and moon in their grace, wanting the night to stay with us.

But we knew reality.

When the sun rises, we will go on to the life we have, the sun will interrupt our peaceful night, fill it with the hurry and rush of the world. The stars and moons will be gone, giving others there love, just as we also are compiled to do, our love only belonging to each other in the night.

But though the cruel day must come, we will be back again, same time, same place, to enjoy our cold spring night once again. Laying silently in each other’s warm embrace, smiling softly at the moons smiling face.

--

Hope you enjoyed this short 393 word story. 

Comments are loved, commenters even more so~<3