You’re The Only One

Only One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You’re The Only One

 

 

 

 

"...I'll be leaving...for military training..."

  

 

 

I lay in my bed thinking of those words. He told me those two days ago and I did nothing but cry since that day. I feel like crying again but my eyes are already dry. Why does he have to leave so soon? Does he want to leave me? Am I not important to him anymore? Does he not love me anymore?

  

 

 

I felt my phone buzz, telling me that I received a message. I don't have the strength to pick it up so I left it unread.

  

 

 

I stared at the ceiling above me thinking nothing but him. I wish we didn't live in this country, that way I won't worry of him getting killed. Aish...

  

 

 

"You are the only one~..."

  

 

 

My phone rang. It was him, just by hearing the ringtone.

  

 

 

I hesitated. If I answer it, I'll hear his voice. If I hear his voice, I'll miss him. If I miss him, I'll cry. If I cry, I'll have a headache. If I have a headache, I can't think straight. And the list goes on and I don't know how to stop it.

  

 

 

I reached for my phone to reject the call but my fingers worked on it and slide the screen to answer it. I sighed, I'm not yet ready to hear his voice, but I still answered it.

  

 

 

"Yeoboseyo?"

  

 

 

"Saemi! Let's go on a date today!" I can see him smiling widely. Why can't I be like him?

  

 

 

"But...you will be leaving soon. You only have a few h-hours before you leave." My voice cracked and I cried silently. Why spend it with me when you can spend it with your family?

  

 

 

"I'm already outside. You're not coming out?" He ignored what I said and kept talking in his happy tone. How can I reject this guy?

  

 

 

"Arasseo, I'll just change." I hanged up and dragged myself to my closet to change into something that would make myself comfortable but still look presentable.

  

 

 

I decided on a pair of denim shorts and a white t-shirt. I wore sandals and combed my hair. I'm not a fan of putting makeup so I just put powder on my face.

  

 

 

I walked downstairs and saw him sitting on the couch while fixing his blonde hair.

  

 

 

"Oh, you ready?" I sighed. I didn't want to enjoy and pretend that he's not leaving.

  

 

 

"Jinyoung, why are you doing this?"

  

 

 

"You didn't call me oppa." He said with sadness clear in his voice.

  

 

 

"Why are you here?" I asked again and hopefully he won't ignore my question.

  

 

 

"I want to spend my remaining time with you..."

  

 

 

"Fine." I said not able to get angry at him.

  

 

 

"Let's go." He said with a smile on his face and grabbed my hand. I know that the smile was fake but didn't ask.

  

 

 

"Where are we going?" I asked him as we walked down the streets.

  

 

 

"You'll know when we get there." He said and kissed the back of my hand lightly and smiled at me. I smiled back, mesmerized by his smile.

  

 

 

"Okay." I didn't ask him any more questions and walked in silence, a very comforting one.

  

 

 

After minutes of walking in the streets, we arrived at our destination, a park near the Han River. I looked at his face and he was smiling brightly.

  

 

 

He took my hand and led me to a bench. Before I could sit, he wiped the dust on it with his bare hands. I looked at him disapprovingly but he just grinned widely.

  

 

 

"I'll be back."

  

 

 

"Don't forget to wash your hands." I said and he responded with a nod and walked off.

  

 

 

I can feel tears in my eyes as I looked at the river in front of me. It's so beautiful. I don't even know whether I'm crying because of the scenery or because of something else.

  

 

 

Jinyoung arrived with a wide smile on his face and two cones of ice cream in his hands. Luckily, he didn't notice that I cried (or he just let me off).

  

 

 

"I chose your favorite, vanilla~"

  

 

 

"You know that I like anything."

  

 

 

"But vanilla is your favorite."

  

 

 

"Nope, it's not." I kept a poker face.

  

 

 

"Then what is it?" He pouted.

  

 

 

"Hmmm...it starts with 'J'."

  

 

 

"'J'? You like jackfruit? I thought you hate it. It's like saying you hate vanilla." He asked confused. Awwe he still remembers.

  

 

 

"But I like 'J'." I said as I leaned my head on his shoulder.

  

 

 

"What 'J'? Just tell me, I'll buy it for you."

  

 

 

"But it's pric

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter