Shattered Porcelain

Our EXO Appas
 

 

Chapter Eight: Shattered Porcelain

Chapter Eight: Shattered Porcelain
 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Another morning, yes. EXO and the three had another typical day. Waking up, preparing breakfast, eating breakfast, dressing up and heading to the building.

"We'll be back about by lunch time, okay?" Suho smiled as he patted the three's head. 

"Really?" Hyerin blinked.

"Yagsog, appa?" Hui Ying asked.

"Yagsog!" Suho nodded. "We'll be back, right guys?"

"Nae!" they all replied with a bright smile. "We'll be back!"

"Take care, okay?" Kai reminded as he beamed at the three.

"Nae!" the three nodded. With that, EXO left to practice, leaving the three back at the dorm as usual. 

A few hours later, a knock was heard again on the dorm's door. This time, Hyerin asked who it was instead of opening it quickly and attacking who ever is behind the door, since she learned from her mistakes from yesterday's incident.

"Welcome back." Hyerin smiled as she saw the group return.

"Thanks." Kai smiled. "I thought you'll flip me again."

"I learn from my mistakes, oppa."

"Good to hear."

"Where are your siblings?" D.O asked.

"Here!" Hui Ying cried as she ran towards her fathers. "Welcome back!"

"Aw, I see that someone missed us!" Luhan giggled as picked Hui Ying up and carried him on his shoulders. "Did you miss us?"

"Mhm!" Hui Ying nodded as she giggled upon being carried up. "I missed my baba!"

"Aw, that's just so cute." Lay squealed as he pinched the young girl's cheeks.

"Welcome back." Jonathan greeted as he came out of his respective room, a smile curling up his face.

"Hey." the guys greeted as they ruffled his hair.

"Yah! Put Hui Ying down!" Hyerin cried as she tried to bring the young girl down. "Aish, put her down! She might fall!"

"Calm down, she won't" Kris laughed. 

"Even though! Hui Ying might fall!" Hyerin cried as she carefully grabbed Hui Ying and carried her down. 

"Eh, it was fun, unnie!" Hui Ying giggled.

"And dangerous." Hyerin said. "It's better if you keep your feet on the ground, okay?"

"Arraseo, arraseo..." the young girl pouted as she was put down by her older sister.

"Let's have lunch now, shall we?" Kris smiled as he showed some plastic bags. "We bought some already, let's eat!"

"Nae!"

So, hours passed. EXO spent more time together, Hui Ying with EXO-M and Jonathan with EXO-K. Yes, Hyerin is still alone... and refuses to be with anyone, making her "appas" quite worried.

"Hyerin-noona, you won't believe what I discovered!" Jonathan called out in between laughs. "Aigoo, Sehun-appa has a lisp!!!"

"It's nothing that everyone should know!" Sehun pouted.

"It's cute." Jonathan smiled. "Right, noona?"

"Yeah.. sure, I guess?" Hyerin smiled as she returned her attention to the book she is reading. Jonathan simply pouted and sighed. 

"Noona, you can use a little bonding moment." the young boy pouted.

"Maybe later, this part's really getting exciting." Hyerin smiled.

"But noona."

"Jonathan, later means later."

"Arraseo, arraseo."

Seeing that the young girl showed no interest in bonding made Kai quite worried. She appears to be that type of girl easy to get along with everyone, but maybe, he saw the wrong side of her. Appearances doesn't show one's personality, right? Just because she looks innocent and sweet outside doesn't literally mean she is inside.

"Hyerin-unnie~" Hui Ying called out as she ran towards the young girl, quickly grabbing her attention.

"Nae?" Hyerin asked.

"I'm going to change my clothes." 

"Oh, okay. You know where your bag is, right?"

"Nae, but will I wear a dress or a simply shirt and shorts?"

"You look beautiful whatever you wear, sweetie." Hyerin giggled. "Dress? Shorts? Skirts? You look perfect in all of those!"

"Will it be okay if I wear that dress you gave me once?"

"Sure. I'll greatly appreciate that!"

"Okay~!"

Hyerin lovingly watched as the young girl skipped off to her respective room. Apparently, EXO saw how sweet she smiled and for some reason, they smiled as well, as if her smiles were contagious. "What?" Hyerin asked upon recognizing that the twelve were smiling and staring at her like idiots.

"Nothing." they giggled before doing their own stuff again. Hyerin returned her attention to her book and secretly glanced over Jonathan and EXO. She saw how happy and how Jonathan enjoyed being around the twelve. Well, being the only guy among the three of them for years must've affected him greatly and now that he gets to be around other fellow males, well, it's quite of a new feeling. 

He easily can relate with them and so can they relate with him. "Noona, what are you staring at me for?" Jonathan asked, his brow raised a bit.

"Nothing." Hyerin giggled. "Scoot over, I'm sitting beside you."

"Finally, the Ice Princess decides to join!" Baekhyun joked.

"I'm no Ice Princess." Hyerin glared as she sat beside Jonathan. "So, what're you guys talking about?"

"Nothing much." Suho shrugged. "Random boy stuff..."

"Like?"

"Like... what's your favorite sport, something like that." D.O answered. "And we managed to discover that Jonathan here likes soccer."

"Yeah, he does." Hyerin nodded as she ruffled Jonathan's hair. "He's quite an excellent player I must say."

"Cool!" Kai smiled. "One time, let's all play soccer once, okay?"

"I'd gladly appreciate that!" Jonathan nodded. "But you know what, noona plays soccer too."

"Jinjja?"

"Nae."

"Wow, that's making us curious now how well you play." Chen smiled.

"I'm not that good, but I still play it." Hyerin smiled.

"I don't see girls playing soccer that often." Chanyeol smiled. "Usually, girls are too gentle to even play soccer."

"Well, not my noona." Jonathan giggled as he was wrapped by Hyerin around her arms. "Noona nearly beat me once!"

"Yah, I didn't!" Hyerin smiled.

"Whatever." Jonathan sighed. 

When EXO and the two were finally getting along, a loud crash was heard not far from them. Actually, it came from the room Hui Ying sleeps in. Inside Tao, Xiumin, Baekhyun and Chanyeol's room. "What the heck was that?!" Luhan cried in shock upon hearing the sound.

In a flash, they all dashed to the source of the sound. To their surprise, Hui Ying was standing there, seemingly astonished and in front of her, several broken pieces of a porcelain thing.

"Hui Ying!" Hyerin cried as she picked the young girl up and carried her away. "Get away from there! You might get hurt!"

"What's going on?" Suho asked as he ran towards the room.

As soon as the EXO-M members came in, their eyes burst open. "What the-?! Our souvenir!" they all cried.

"I'm so sorry..." Hui Ying softly said as she looked at the EXO-M members.

"What did you do?!" Xiumin cried in annoyance. 

"Did you break it?!" Lay cried.

"I-I didn't mean to..." Hui Ying softly said as she hid behind Hyerin. "I'm sorry. I just wanted to look at it.. but it slipped off my ha-"

"Do you have any idea how important that was?" Kris angrily asked as he tried holding onto himself. "That was the first gift we received from our fans eversince we debuted! It is crazy important!"

"I really am sorry, baba... I didn't mean to..." Hui Ying softly replied, tears threatening to roll down her eyes anytime.

"Didn't mean to? DIDN'T MEAN TO? A simply sorry can't bring back a broken stuff that was crazy important to us!"

"Yah! Hajima!" Hyerin angrily cried as she glared at the guys. Her glare made everyone back off, and somewhat, it scared them. Her loud cry scared all of the guys. Her tone was cold and strong. "Hui Ying said she didn't meant it, right? Can't you understand that? She. Didn't. Mean. It."

"But that thing she broke is crazy important!" Kris debated. "A simple sorry... isn't enough!"

"She's just a kid! She doesn't know what she's doing!"

"Doesn't know what she's doing?" Lay laughed. "You're the one who told us that she's got an abnormally high IQ!"

"She was curious, okay? Back from where we were from, we don't see these kinds of stuff. She was just curious, that's it!"

"That isn't a valid reason, Hyerin." Luhan answered in the calmest way he can. "That thing she broke is important to us. If you were to be in our place, you'll have the same reactions, right?"

"True, but despite Hui Ying's intelligence, she's still a kid. A kid curious of things. And also, since she's young, she's quite clumsy. Scolding her like this seems incorrect. You can't scold my sister just like that!"

"Hyerin, you're sister made a mistake! She broke a rather precious belonging we have!" Kris cried.

"She didn't mean it!"

"So, what now? We're just going to stand here, let this go? You're sister needs to learn!"

"Learn by shouting at her?!"

"We aren't shouting!"

"THEN WHAT ARE YOU DOING NOW?!"

"YOU'RE THE ONE SHOUTING, NOT US!"

"That does it!"

With that, Hyerin's reflex actions made her push Kris away, making the taller guy fall down due to out balance. "Ge!" several members cried. "Omo, hyung!"

"What was that for!?" Kris exclaimed.

"Nobody shouts at my sister, arraseo?!" Hyerin angrily cried. "Do that again, and I swear, I'm never holding back again. Nobody, I repeat, nobody messes with my sister, my brother or me! I might be a girl who looks all innocent and sweet, but trust me, I'm someone you don't wanna mess with! I swear!"

With that, the young girl stomped out of the scene, angrily stomping off towards the room she sleeps in, leaving the guys, Jonathan and Hui Ying rather shocked.

"Aigoo, I'm sorry for her actions, appa." Jonathan said. "Noona! Hyerin-noona! Wait up!" 

As the young boy chased the other, everyone stood quite shocked. Hui Ying was left in the room, finally bursting into tears...

Everything happened so quickly...

Just because of a broken porcelain...

Will their bond be broken because of that?

Will this family soon break up?