I'm Sorry

I'm Sorry

 

Taemin had invited her to finally meet his band mates, after five months together he said he felt ready to introduce her to them. So now here she was in her bedroom with all of her clothes thrown on the bed, and she still had no idea what to wear. He had called her an hour ago telling her he would be there to pick her up in two hours. An hour to go and still nothing, she sighed as she began to rummage through the piles of clothes for the tenth time.

 

She finally settled on a summer dress, it was a sky blue that complimented her skin tone nicely. She found some nice strappy sandals and began to work on her makeup. She had just finished when she heard the keys at the front door, she hurried and grabbed her purse and met Taemin half way.

 

"Wow!! You look amazing!" He said, she twirled around for him and he smiled at her sweetly. He placed a soft kiss on her cheek and they headed out to his car, he unlocked it and helped her inside.

 

He got in and drove off, the car was quiet except for the soft music playing in the background. She grew more nervous the more he drove, what if the other members did not approve of her. Taemin sensed her conflict and put his hand on her bare shoulder, he gave it a reassuring little squeeze.

 

“It will be ok, they will like you.” He smiled reassuringly, they sat in silence once again until he parked the car. He got out first and went around to open the door for her. As she stepped out, she tried to fix any wrinkles her dress might have as well as her hair. Her hands felt clammy, and her stomach was turning summersaults but she knew this had to be done.

 

“Let’s get this over with oppa.” she gave him a quick smile and took his hand. He stopped her and pulled her into his arms, his lips were suddenly on hers soft yet firm giving her the confidence she needed.

 

They walked up the flight of stairs, he led her to the farthest door down the hall, all she felt was her heart race. They stopped at the door while Taemin looked for the key, once he got it he gave a questioning look and she nodded in response. The door opened to chaos, there was screaming everywhere, Taemin gave her an apologetic look.

 

“Yah, hurry up and clean will you! They are going to be here any minute and I doubt they want to look at your underwear on the bathroom floor.” Key was screaming from the kitchen as he scrubbed away furiously at the dishes. He looked up as Taemin guided her inside, “ It’s too late they are already here!”

 

There were sounds of people rushing around the dorm, but nobody said anything back to Key. Suddenly four more boys joined them in the kitchen which made her feel a little crowded, not just by the number of them but by their looks. They all seemed to have worked up a sweat following Kibum’s orders, some were even a little out of breath.

 

“Ugh, so this is my girlfriend______. These are my hyungs.” They bowed at each other and suddenly out of nowhere Jonghyun had her hands in his.

 

“______, no wonder Taemin kept you a secret. He must have been afraid I would have taken you away.” She blushed and looked at Taemin who looked oddly enough a little upset.

 

“Give the girl a rest will you, Jonghyun.” Onew smiled at her, Jonghyun let go of her hands, but all through the afternoon they kept creeping back into hers, she didn't want to be rude especially since they seemed to like her. As the afternoon crept by, she noticed Taemin’s mood getting darker, every time Jonghyun even looked at her he looked about ready to explode.

 

After they had eaten lunch they excused themselves, they had planned to spend the rest of the afternoon alone. This time Taemin didn't even bother to open the door for her, once she sat down he was already speeding away. She looked at his face, there was no expression but she could see the coldness in his eyes. She shivered in her seat, Taemin had never been like this with her. They drove in silence, but this silence was tense and uncomfortable, and she was too nervous to ask where they were going.

 

She soon saw that they were heading back to her apartment, he drove like a maniac, swerving and cutting cars off. She was glad when they pulled up the parking of the apartment. Once the car stopped, he gathered his things and got out of the car leaving her behind. She didn't know what she had done wrong, but she knew once she stepped in the apartment he would tell her.

 

“Taeminnie, what’s wrong?” she had found him standing in the living room. “Did I do something wrong?”

 

“Why did you let Jonghyun hyung flirt with you like that? Are you not satisfied with me?” his voice was deadly soft.

 

“I-I didn't mean to, I just didn't want to be rude. I love you oppa.” She tried to step closer but he took a step back. “You are the most important thing to me Taemin, you should know that by now.”

 

“Then why, he held your hand, and would touch your hair. Remember how long it took for you to let me do that, yet you meet him one day and he does whatever he want s and you say nothing!” his voice was getting louder, and the anger showed though his craking poker face.

 

“Oppa, stop screaming, I’m sorry but you are overreacting. I was only trying to be nice, and remember this was your idea.” She kept her voice calm, if she began screaming things would surely go from bad to worse.

 

“You know what, forget you.” With that he grabbed his jacket and left. She stood in the kitchen and heard the car wheels squeal out. She had not thought it as wrong, but at the same time she knew Jonghyun oppa had stepped over the line, whether to poke fun at Taemin or if he really meant it.

 

That night she lay in bed, she had watched the news all day hoping not to hear that something bad had happened to Taemin. It was late and he wasn't back yet, it had been two months since he began to sleep by her side. She missed his warmth and the soft kisses he gave her until she fell asleep. She was finally drifting off when she heard the sound of keys at the door, she woke up and heard as the person headed to her door. 

 

Taemin stepped in holding a beautiful bouquet of white and pink roses. She got up and walked to him, he had the look of a lost puppy on his face, she threw her arms around him. He wrapped his free arm around her, she pulled away as he anded her the flowers. The aroma was delicious, it wafted into the room, she went to the kitchen to get a vase.

 

“Did you like them?” he asked sheepishly, “I’m sorry, I did overreact, and I cant believe I screamed at you.”

 

“I understand, I should have said something. Jonghyun was stepping over the line, and I did not have the courage to say anything.” She pulled Taemin down ad kissed him softly. He smiled and put his arms around her, he swung her into her arms and carried her bridal style into the bedroom. 

 

“Let’s forget about today, and let me love you.” He smirked at her before closing the bedroom door behind them.