Chapter 1

Account Of A Starry Evening

               “How do you like it?”

                Ravi glanced up hesitantly as the stylist spun the chair around to face the mirror. His eyes widened involuntarily at his appearance. He reached up and gingerly ran his fingers through his white-blond hair, studying the sharply angled cut as he did so.

                “It’s…different.”

                The stylist laughed as she twirled a comb in her fingers absently. “That’s the point. Your concept is different, isn’t it?”

                “Well, yes. But I’ve had brightly colored hair for a while…”

                She shrugged. “Change is good, WonShik. Get used to it.”

                Ravi simply nodded once and turned his head in various directions, trying to become accustomed to the new style. He didn’t necessarily dislike it, but he personally thought that light-colored hair suited N better than it suited him. The fans had absolutely adored his silver hair in On and On. And Ravi had agreed with them. The way the cut had framed his eyes; the way the color had accentuated his skin…

                Ravi shook his head quickly, marveling at the way his new haircut brushed across his forehead. He wasn’t supposed to have thoughts like that, and he knew it. N was their leader; their dedicated and caring hyung. It wasn’t appropriate for Ravi to think of him as anything else. He had been telling himself that for months, and he would continue telling himself until the thoughts disappeared.

                “Ravi Ravi Ravi!” N’s voice carried throughout the salon, and Ravi couldn’t stop his lips from curving upward into the smallest of smiles. Even when Ravi was drowning in a sea of conflicting, confusing emotions, N was fun to be around.

                He spun his chair around to see N running toward him with a ridiculous grin, and the sight of him made Ravi’s breath catch.

                His hair was a bright, shocking red, cut in choppy layers that graced his eyelashes and stuck out at haphazard angles. The makeup artist had smudged a generous amount of black eyeliner around his eyes, making him look mysterious and – as much as Ravi didn’t want to admit it – breathtakingly beautiful.

                Ravi blinked, swallowed, and looked away.

                “Ravi Ravi look at my hair! Isn’t it great? I feel like we kinda switched places, you know? I got the red hair and you got the light hair. Do you think my Starlights will like it?”

                Ravi nodded. “I-I’m sure they will, hyung.”

                When Ravi dared to sneak another look, he saw N’s face once again painted with an expression of absolute happiness. He was such a good leader, always hoping to make the fans as happy as they could possibly be. Of course, Ravi and the other members wanted the same thing, but N positively obsessed over it. He would check the fan cafés daily and squeal over every comment, then switch to Twitter, Tumblr, Facebook, and Youtube to soak up every word the fans had to say. To be honest, there were times when Ravi felt that N was more focused on the feelings of the fans than the feelings of the members.

                He shook his head and quickly reminded himself that it was better that way. The fans were everything; VIXX wouldn’t exist without them.

                He jumped slightly as N poked him in the arm impatiently.

                “Come on, Ravi, the photo shoot is about to start. My Starlights are going to love this new concept, I just know it! Ahh, I can’t wait!” With that, he ran to the photo shoot director for instructions, leaving Ravi breathless and with a strange, hollow ache in his chest that he tried to ignore.

                He slowly slid from the salon chair and made his way to the set.

                “Ravi.” Hongbin’s soft voice came from behind him, causing him to glance over his shoulder halfheartedly.

                “Did I give you permission to speak, Artwork?” He mumbled, cringing inwardly at his pathetic attempt at humor.

                Hongbin shot him a withering look. “Don’t start, hyung. I can see how much this is bothering you.” He gestured toward N, who was squealing and flailing his hands at something the director had said. “Didn’t I tell you to tell him?”

                Ravi sighed. “Hongbin, you don’t understand-”

                “I understand that this is killing you inside. Even if he doesn’t feel the same way, he’ll be happy that you told him. I’m sure he notices how strange you’ve been acting lately. Hell, even Ken noticed, and that’s saying something.”

                Ravi’s eyebrows rose as surprise arced through his veins. “Ken noticed? How do you know that?”

                “He came to me two days ago to ask me what’s wrong with you. He thought maybe you were getting sick or something.”

                The initial shock at that bit of information rendered Ravi speechless for a solid minute. Ken wasn’t stupid by any means, but his hyperactive nature and constant, rapid speech came at the expense of his general observance skills. Since their debut, not a single day had passed where Ken didn’t ask what was happening at least once.

                Hongbin nodded gravely. “Yeah, hyung, it’s that bad. It’s only a matter of time before N comes up to you and asks you what your problem is.”

                “N’s too focused on the fans to notice the way I’m acting.”

                Hongbin shook his head. “He’s more intuitive than you think, Ravi. Don’t doubt him. He really cares about all of us, and he notices when something’s not right.”

                Ravi sighed and pressed his fingers against his temples in frustration. “I’ll get over it, Hongbin. It’s really nothing, I’m just…being…ridiculous…”

                “Love isn’t ridiculous.”

                “Loving N is ridiculous.”

                “What’s this about loving me? Who loves me?” N’s cheerful voice stole through Ravi’s brain like blinding sunlight. He jumped back from Hongbin involuntarily and made the mistake of meeting N’s gaze. His eyes were bright, peering out at him from the depths of that maddeningly messy eyeliner. Locks of his fiery hair clung to his eyelashes and threatened to fall into his eyes every time he blinked.

                “U-u-uhh…n-nothing…” Ravi internally cursed his pounding heart and searched his brain desperately for a bit of intelligent vocabulary.

                “We all love you, hyung, of course,” Hongbin cut in smoothly, throwing a sad glance in Ravi’s direction. “And the fans love you, too.” Hongbin knew exactly how to distract N from the situation at hand: one mention of the fans and he grinned like an excited child.

                “Yes, my Starlights do love me. And you guys, too. They love all of VIXX, of course. And our new concept, I hope they’re waiting expectantly! I bet they’re so excited! I hope they love our teaser photos; the director has big plans for them!”

                Ravi kept his gaze locked on the floor as N continued to ramble. It was nothing…really, nothing. So he thought N was beautiful – honestly, who didn’t think that? So he loved his personality, his caring nature, his infectious happiness, his smile, his laugh, his dedication…

                He shook his head before the list could continue.

                It’s nothing, WonShik. Nothing.

                His heart skipped a beat and he felt his entire body stiffen as N grabbed his hand.

                “Come on, Ravi, the photo shoot is really going to start soon!”

                Ravi desperately tried to pull his hand away, ignoring the series of shivers that played across his arm at the feeling of N’s fingers wrapped around his. He turned toward Hongbin, who simply raised an eyebrow, shook his head, and walked away.

                Once on set, the director gave them a long list of various instructions. Wedged in between N and Hyuk, Ravi did his best to listen. But the director’s last sentence latched steadfastly onto everyone’s attention.

                “No pants or shirts. You’re in a darkened forest, wild and dangerous. We’re going for a dark-fallen-angel-demon kind of look, okay?”

                N put a finger to his lips and grinned slyly. “Scandalous, isn’t it?”

                Ravi felt his heart race in his chest until it eventually ended up somewhere in his throat.

                “No what?” Hyuk’s voice was taut with disbelief.

                “Oooohhhh…ottokaji….?” Even Ken sounded a little wary.

                Leo’s eyebrows rose for an instant but he, of course, said nothing.

                Hongbin simply nodded. As the visual, he was accustomed to following a director’s words without question. He immediately pulled off his shirt.

                “Wh-whoa, I’m the maknae!” Hyuk protested. “Can’t I at least wear pants? I mean, this seems a little-”

                “Wrong?” Ravi’s voice was low. He cleared his throat. “I mean, director-nim, I don’t think the fans honestly want to see that much…”

                The director waved a hand dismissively. “Everything from the waist down is going to be in shadow. The most you’ll see is an occasional thigh, and that’s only with the way a few of you will be posing.”

                “That doesn’t make me feel better,” Hyuk squeaked.

                “Let’s get going, guys!” N exclaimed, quickly pulling his shirt over his head.

                Ravi caught Hongbin’s smirk before he turned his gaze to the floor. It wasn’t that he felt uncomfortable showing skin in front of the other members – they were all very close, and they had been shirtless for parts of the On and On music video. Some members even walked around the dorm shirtless from time to time, or came out of the shower wearing only towels.

                But this was in front of a camera. Fans would see this. And if N decided to waltz around the dorm wearing nothing but a towel, it was easy for Ravi to run to the kitchen or shut himself up in his room and pretend to sleep. It was easy to get away. But here – here he had to see him and interact with him and do his best to keep his cool.

                It’s nothing, WonShik. Nothing. He’s just another band member; there’s no reason for you to react this way. It’s nothing.

                Ravi sighed and pulled his shirt over his head wearily. It was going to be a long day.

 

 

      Hey guys~ ^^  So this is my third fanfic, but....

It's my first time writing a fic in third person.

It's my first time writing a fic where all of the characters are still idols.

And it's my first time writing a twoshot. -_-"  I'm reallyyyy not good at writing short things... If any of you have read my other fanfics, you know that I tend to drag things out over a really long time span XD

So originally it was going to be a oneshot, but then it ended up being 15 pages and that would make a pretty beastly oneshot.

So now it's a twoshot, but if you read it all at once, it's still pretty much the same thing. But...it feels like less...? Maybe...?

Anyways, I hope you like it and I hope it doesn't totally . XD

Basically I had to write this because I saw the Hyde teaser photos and then I saw the Hyde teaser and sometimes tumblr isn't enough for all my overwhelming VIXX feels. And there are seriously not enough Navi fics in this world. TT_TT

And N's HAIR. Seriously. I love it.

I just love them all.

Comments are love and happiness and joy, and I really appreciate them. ^^  <3 ~~