We Belong Together

We Belong Together

“Donghae…” Hyukjae began one day, taking tiny, cautious steps towards his lover. “We need to talk.”

“What is it?” Donghae asked, eyes in a curious gaze, smiling affectionately. “You can tell me anything,” he whispered.

Hyukjae took a shaky breath before continuing. “What’s with all this news about you and Siwon? SiHae?”

Donghae chuckled softly, lifting a hand to gently trace Hyukjae’s jaw line with his fingertips. “That’s what you were worried about? But baby, that’s just fanservice. Let the fangirls ship what they want.”

“But it’s all too real, Donghae. I can’t – I just – “ Hyukjae couldn’t continue anymore, the tears already beginning to flow down his cheeks.

“Shh, no crying now,” Donghae silenced him, pressing a finger to Hyukjae’s lips. “You know that you’ll always be the only one for me… ‘til death do us part… right?”

Moving his finger away, he quickly leaned over and closed the distance between them, pulling Hyukjae in for a soft kiss, slowly and sensually.

Pulling away, he looked into Hyukjae’s eyes, gazing deep within those chestnut-coloured orbs with a serious expression. “Now do you believe me? Lee Hyukjae, I love you. Don’t you ever forget that.”

Hyukjae nodded, biting his lip before wiping his eyes with the back of his hand, a blush gracing his delicate features.

Donghae smiled. “Pabo. You’re so adorable,” he said, eyes twinkling. He leaned in once again, kissing Hyukjae with slightly more passion than the last.

Hyukjae sighed blissfully, murmuring an “I love you too" against Donghae’s lips.

This was where he truly belonged.

--