O1.

A Reason For Me

 

"Come on, Ahri. Please.~" My best friend practically begged. I tried brushing her off and headed into the kitchen.


"I promise you wont regret it." She tried to reassure me.

I spun in my heels to look at her and pursed my lips. "You said that about the last two."

"Third times the charm?" She grinned sheepishly.

I gave her a blank look before making my way over to the cookie jar, "No, Angel."

Angel huffed. "Well too bad, I already told him you'd be there!"

I looked at her bewildered, "You did what?"

Angel shrugged, folding her arms in front of her chest. "Told Daehyun to tell him yes."

"Of course nom is in on this."

"Don't call him that."

I facepalmed.

"Come on, I promise you that he's the one for you." Angel softened up. "I'll throw in a box of sweets.~"

I thought it over and bit into my cookie, "Two boxes plus the ones you already owe me, and I want a new set of nail polishes."

"Fine, fine! You'll get your dang sweets and nail polish." Angel threw her arms in the air as she walked out of the kitchen. "By the way your outfit is in the bag on top of your bed, hurry you're meeting him in less than an hour!"

 

I nearly choked on my cookie. “What?! Less than an hour??What did you leave on my bed?” I walked out of the kitchen and walked up the stairs towards my room. Once I was inside I opened the bag and took out the items. “Of course she would pick a skirt.”

 

After changing into the outfit Angel had left me, I fixed my hair and make up before making my way down the stairs. “Where am I meeting this person?”

 

Mall, you guys are meeting in the food court.” Angel said, not even bothering to look up from her laptop. "Don't stay out too late, make wise choices and don't come back pregnant.”

 

Angel!” I gaped at her.

 

She waved her hand. “Off you go.”

 

I huffed and headed down the front door, grumbling under my breath as I got into my car. I started up the engine and buckled up, backing out of the drive way and making my way towards the mall. Once I arrived and parked, I headed inside and walked towards the food court.

 

Who could she have set me up with?” I sighed, glancing around at the people in the food court. I scanned the crowed, trying to figure out who this mystery man was. My eyes landed on a familiar face as he smiled and waved me over.

 

What are you doing here?” I asked as I stopped in front of the table where he sat.

 

Waiting for my date.” Yongguk shrugged. “But she seems to be a little lost I guess.”

 

Your dat-” I began to say before stopping myself. Of course she had set me up with Yongguk.

 

All caught up now?” Yongguk chuckled in amusement. I smiled a little and nodded. “Guess I'm your date.”

 

Guess so.” Yongguk nodded and stood up. “Shall we?”

 

Where exactly are we going?” I asked as I followed him away from the food court.

 

Ah, you'll see in a bit.” He gave a gummy smile and took a hold of my hand, pulling me passed a few shops and stopping outside one.

 

Seriously?” I glanced at him.

 

Don't worry, we'll go to other shops after but first things, first.” He pulled me inside the arcade. We walked over to a token machine and exchanged for some tokens. “What game do you want to play first?”

 

I don't know..” I trailed off glancing around. “How about Skee Ball?”

 

He nodded and lead me over towards the game, handing me a token. “Let's see who can get more points.” He grinned.

 

You're on.” I inserted the token and waited for the balls to roll out. After playing around for about an hour, we exchanged the tickets we won and claimed our prizes. “Where are we going now?”

 

How about if we get some Dippin' Dots.” He suggested as we walked over towards an elevator. I nodded and pushed the button, waiting patiently for it to lower.

 

What flavor would you like?” He asked, once we reached the stand.

 

I glanced at the different flavors before making my choice, “Birthday cake.”

 

He nodded as he ordered the ice cream and paid for it. We grabbed our ice cream and walked over to a bench, taking a seat.

 

Are you having fun?” Yongguk asked after a short silence.

I nodded, setting my spoon back inside the cup. “I am, how about you?”

 

Always am when I'm with you.” He smiled sheepishly before clearing his throat. “There's actually something I've been meaning to ask you.”

 

I blinked, “What...did you want to ask?”

 

I've had a crush on you for almost two years now and I'm pretty sure, no I'm positive that each day that passes by I love you more and more.” He began to say.

 

You love me?” I squeaked out, earning a nod from him.

 

What I wanted to ask for a long time now is, would you be my girlfriend?”

 

A smile began to spread across my lips as I leaned forward and pressed my lips onto his. “Yes, I would love to be your girlfriend.”

 

He gave another one of his gummy smiles as he brought his hand up and placed it at the back of my neck, pulling me into another kiss.

- - - -

For my homie