Chapter 16: A Planned Betrayal

Secret Assassins

 

 

 

 

His breathing drowned out the people’s voices. There was no way he was going to let those bastards go. His currently actions could easily put his life in danger and that of Yunho’s and Changmin’s. However, he didn’t care. It’s his sister you’re talking about. The only one who supported him during his dark times. The only one that knew he existed.

The sun was long gone. Only darkness remained. Kyuhyun had reunited with his silver suitcase which contained his sniper rifle and had called in a private car to pick him up. During this time, there was only one person he could count on.

 

 

 

“They’re looking all over for you, you know.” Kyunhyun opened the back door, throwing his suitcase in and jumping on. It was comfortable, resting on the back seat of the black Benz that carried him and his driver. It took a while for Kyuhyun to answer back to the man but the other was use to Kyuhyun’s talking mannerisms.

 

 

 

“I know but it can’t be helped.” Kyuhyun replied after they had safely gotten off the main street and into the highway.

 

 

 

“Gyu was worried. You suddenly disappeared.” Woohyun’s worried voice was obvious. Though the two were awkward in front of other people, behind the scenes, they had helped each other out in the most desperate of times. While Sunggyu was Yunho’s high school friend and Kyuhyun’s childhood friend, there were still secrets he didn’t know. Woohyun played a big role in this secret of his especially.

Kyuhyun was 5 when he met Sunggyu who at the time was 11. However, 2 years prior to that meeting, Kyuhyun had already met Woohyun who was 10 (he is one year older that Sunggyu who would have been 9 at the time). The two had met in the Cho Mansion where Kyuhyun and his family lived. Woohyun’s father, Nam-ssi was newly appointed as the commanding voice of police (15 years later, Woohyun would take over his post) and had a special mission to overlook the Cho family’s actions as there was an assassination plot against the family. During the next 2 years, Woohyun and his family would stay in the Cho Mansion until they would finally pinpoint the threat to a small underground gang who wished to kill Kyuhyun’s father and rob him of his riches. Woohyun stayed with the younger almost 24/7, only leaving him when needed to. They bonded well, like real brothers and were hardly seen apart. After the mission ended and the Nam family moved back to their home in Seoul, leaving Kyuhyun in Busan. They continued to keep in touch through letters once a week. Many a times, Woohyun would compliment Kyuhyun on his writing skills. After a few months, the Cho family would relocate to Seoul where he would be introduced to Sunggyu along with his future Y.C.K members and his talent for technology would begin to grow. Woohyun and Kyuhyun would continue to write letters to each other but refuse to meet each other due to personal reasons.

Woohyun had kept it a secret from Kyuhyun but he knew of Kyuhyun’s talents before Kyuhyun noticed them himself. The two, during their younger days would always enjoy watching their old box T.V while everyone else was doing their own business. One day, their T.V would end up suddenly breaking (another secret the both shared) and an electrician would have to be called in to fix it. As the unknown man began to work on the T.V, Kyuhyun’s eyes couldn’t pry away from him. He would watch the electrician with sparkling eyes, mumbling words that sounded similar to baby gibberish. Woohyun wasn’t stupid. He knew exactly what was happening and proceeded to lift Kyuhyun from his seat and onto his lap so the both of them could watch the electrician together.

After he had moved out, he asked Kyuhyun to promise to write to him once every week about the things that went on around him. Little by little, Woohyun saw Kyuhyun grow in his letters. When the younger announced he was relocating to Seoul, Woohyun asked them not to meet until the time was right. The reason was because he didn’t want to be a distraction to the younger and stop him from growing up. During the time they lived together, Kyuhyun had become greatly dependent on Woohyun and refuse to let go of him. As much as Woohyun wanted to see him again, it was impossible at the time. This went on for quite some time. It wasn’t until Sunggyu and Woohyun became a couple, that the two finally met face to face one again. (Kyuhyun had known about Woohyun’s crush towards the young detective through their weekly letters. Over time, Kyuhyun would become a great help to them getting together without Sunggyu knowing.) With Sunggyu by their side, they introduced themselves as though they had never met before. It was a little weird at first but they soon had gotten use to giving each other the ‘cold shoulder’ from time to time.

 

 

 

“Remind me to apologise to him when I next see him.” Woohyun sighed and looked up to his rear view mirror. The brunet had his seat belt on and was looking at the window. Unconsciously, Woohyun looked at Kyuhyun’s hands and saw he was shaking. The fear and desperation was getting to him. What the younger really needed right now was rest. The eye bags were something no one could miss. The way Kyuhyun presented himself was that of a 40 year old man who hasn’t had more than 3 hours sleep for the past 10 years. It was worrying.

 

 

 

“I will. But first you need to-“

 

 

 

“I don’t.” His words were cut short. Frustration was evident in the both of them but they tried to cool it off. Woohyun sighed again.

 

 

 

“Yes you do! If things carry on, you’ll be walking down the road to death. It’s as if you’re begging to be killed.” Kyuhyun remained silent, biting his lip to stop himself from making any unwanted comments.

“You’re only 18 years old. Not even an adult. For the past 15 years, I’ve been giving the mission to protect you. There is no way I’m sending you to your death just yet.”  Kyuhyun felt as though something was wrong. He turned to look at Woohyun but it was already too late.

 

 

 

“Wha-“ The car stopped at the red light. Just then, a cloud of smoke was released from two small pipes which were attached on either side of the passenger seat. Without Kyuhyun knowing, Woohyun had already put a gas mask over his face. The younger did all he could he not breath in the unknown fumes. He thrashes, punched and kicked the door but it wouldn’t budge. Slowly, Kyuhyun felt his body grow heavy. Soon, his eyelids began to droop.

“Hyung…” He muttered before falling sound asleep in the back seat. Once Woohyun was sure Kyuhyun was knocked out, he opened the car windows to let the sleeping gas out. With all the windows opened, it took no time for the gas to disburse.  By the time the traffic light turned green, Woohyun had already taken his mask off and continued driving as if nothing out of the ordinary had just happened.

 

 

 

It felt weird being in the drivers’ seat. Up until now, he would always be driven around. The only time he wasn’t was when he and Sunggyu went on dates. However, this was totally different. He was on a mission of his own. Part of him hated himself for doing it but he had no choice. If there was one thing he remembered about his childhood was that the Nam family was not allowed to refuse the Cho family’s requests. This mission had been specifically requested by Kyuhyun’s father. There was no way he could say no. Even if it meant betraying Kyuhyun, he had to do it.

 

 

 

“I’m so sorry Kyuhyun.”

 

 

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

 

 

The sound of machinery echoed around him. His surroundings were cold and slightly wet. As through waking up from a nightmare, Kyuhyun’s body began to twitch. He tried to open his eyes but there was something blocking his eyes.

 

 

 

“Where am I…?” He shivered. Kyuhyun waited but there was no reply. The constant humming noise from behind was driving him insane. It was loud enough to mask other occurring sounds that could happen which was not to Kyuhyun’s favour. His eyes were covered which meant that he had to rely on the next best senses which were his hearing and his smell. Foul smell was an understatement when describing the place he was at. It was of a mixture of rotting flesh with a sour twinge. Had he not been ‘use’ to the smell (no one could fully get used to it), he would have probably passed out again.

It was horrible being in his position. Kyuhyun was sat on a wooden chair with his legs tied to the front legs and his arms tied behind the back. A rope tightly bound his torso to the body of the chair, making it hard for him to breath. Not to mention the condition of the place was causing him mild hypothermia which was something he was most afraid of. Of one, he hated the cold and two; there was a possibility he would have to get amputated depending on how bad his condition was. According to him, it was still at the first stages but he could already feel numbness around his hands and feet. I have to get out of here.

Trying to break free from his current state proved more difficult than he had expected. The sleeping gas was still making its way out of his body. Though his brain was awake, his body was in a totally different world. He could shake his head from side to side pretty violently but that was all he could do.

 

 

“!” He shouted, his voice resonating around the area. Suddenly a loud bang was heard. Gun shot? No… The sound had come from something falling and was located directly behind the young assassin. It had managed to overpower the loud humming sound, making it seem as though it was nothing compared to the scale of it. Kyuhyun froze for a bit, unable to move even an inch of his body. No other sound was made after that. His mind debated whether or not he should turn towards it. After a which, he decided for it as it was almost as if it was trying to get Kyuhyun’s attention.

“Urg!” The upper half of his torso had finally woken up. He was able to move his body at a cost of further damaging his ribs. Kyuhyun started by swinging his body from side to side, building up his strength with each swing. It took about 5 swings for Kyuhyun to fully topple over with a hard bang. He bit his lip to not cry out as the concrete floor and the impact of the wooden chair which sandwiched his left arm caused it to dislocate. To no injure his left arm anymore, he flipped sideways to land on his back. The numbness of his hands meant there was minimal pain when resting on top of it. With his hands and his only good arm, he shuffled towards the sound. By his estimate, it should be no more than 5 metres away from him. There was no telling what or who made that sound. He just had to believe.

As he got closer, he began to hear something else. It was the sound of a cry. A weak muffled cry, but still a cry for help. Kyuhyun’s heart began racing, his thoughts going all over the place. He thought about his sister, he thought about his parent, Changmin, Yunho, Sunggyu and finally Woohyun. Before he could question anything, a light kick was felt along the left side of his chair. He stopped immediately.

A silence blew over him. Kyuhyun did his best to calm himself down as his heartrate was going over 120 bpm. One last exhaled, he called out.

 

 

“Noona?”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

OH HAI DERE! I'm so sorry for everything! I know my updates are slow and totally rubbish but I'll do my best to update more. Recently things haven't gone very well for me in terms of personal and family terms. I've began to feel very unmotivated and utterly exhausted... I've got all the time right not but I can't seem to write. (or atleast write anything decent.) Oh well, I did my best xD Here is an update for now! I'll try to update others so bare with me! <3

 

 

I LOVE YOU ALLL!! <3 <3 <3