Becoming A Monster

Becoming A Monster
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

One day, I woke up with a weird feeling. A feeling like being sick, but a more unpleasant one. Wanting to throw up, I got out of my bed and headed towards the toilet.

I washed my face still feeling not so well. I was waiting to throw up anytime, but it didn't happen in the long 30 minutes I spent inside there.

Right when I was going out of the toilet, I saw my face in the mirror. I knew that I wasn't the most beautiful girl out there - which was the reason why I rarely looked at the mirror- but I didn't ever look this bad.

"What the hell..?" I mumbled. "I was ugly and now, I'm not even human huh?"

It didn't surprise me, I never thought of myself as a normal human being but I never expected to look like anything other than human, either. Well, at least not this monstrous.

"What the hell..?" I mumbled again.

Taking my gaze off of the mirror, I looked at my body. And as I thought, my body too, wasn't anything near normal.

I listed all the abnormalities in my head.

"First, I have now red eyes with a bit of purple in them, gosh what happened to my pretty green eyes! Second, I have fangs. But not pretty fangs like in vampire stories. For God's sake, I look like some extinct animal! Third, I have claws. Again, not pretty. At least they are not that noticeable. Oh, and not to forget, a tail. A tail like a lion's... What the hell happened to me? Thank God, I don't have a fur, yet."

I slowly got out of the toilet. Then the reality hit me.

"I fricking h

 

ave school!" I shouted and all my sleep-loving neighbors shouted back "Be quiet!"

"!" I shouted, this time silently.

'What should I do?' I thought.

I had to calm down first and then, think. 

I took a deep breath letting the oxygen go in to my body. And my brain.

Calling any of my parents or relatives was out of the question.

Nearly all of them were scientists and I knew them well enough to tell that they would lock me in an institute the moment I told them. Even my parents would to that. No, especially my parents would do that. They were the craziest out of all of them.

That made me think, maybe this was one of their doings. It wouldn't really be the first time they had used me in their experiments. For example, there was this time when I went to school with car ears without even realising that they were on my head. And when I went to my first da-

"Oh that's it!" I shouted (The neighbors shouted back at me again). "I will act like I'm not aware of the fact that I finallt turned into a full monster!"

That was the best I could come up with now. I had very little time and it wasn't like the school would be shocked to see me like that. Well, at least not that much... Plus, mom's driver drove me to school. So the people on streets wouldn't have to freak out.

 

~*~*~*~*~*~

 

"Omo! Rina, what's happened?" our school's vice-principal, Han Ahjin, asked. She was a funny teacher and all the students -including me- loved her. She would always listen to our problems and even think of ways to solve them.

Seeing that I didn't answer, she continued.

"Your parents again?"

I nodded and said "Most probably. I just woke up like that and this time I don't remember eating or drinking something unusual."

She nodded to show that she understood.

I added with a pleading voice.

"Please, I don't want anyone to know that I know the state I'm in."

She gave me a warm, understanding smile and walked away.

I looked at her figure going out of sight thinking "Thanks teach!" and headed to my class.

When I went in to the class, it went dead silent for a while. Some of my classmates gave me pitying looks while others just stood there shocked with their mouths wide open.

I looked back at them with a confused look in my eyes and went straight to my desk.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter