Sunset

MOVED TO CHANCHOLO

   Everyday, Chanyeol walked down to the beach to watch the sun set. His home was on the seaside, so it was easy for him. He enjoyed watching the sky slowly turn from blue to an array of pinks, oranges, and pale purples. It calmed him. It helped him forget about the unfinished book waiting for him at home. The one his agent was sure to hound him about tomorrow. He didn’t want to finish that story, though. The one about the young boy that lived in a separate world. A world where the sun never sets.

   

   Chanyeol could see him now, the boy he had come to love. Jongin. The boy that invaded his dreams. The boy that showed up everywhere. Walked beside him on the street. Sang to him in the kitchen. Pretended to watch the morning news with him. He was everywhere. Everywhere except the beach.

   Chanyeol never saw Jongin when he went to the beach. He never saw him with the sun was setting and painting the sky. He would try to imagine the boy there beside him, hand entwined with his, head resting on his shoulder. Chanyeol wished he could touch his tanned skin. Taste it to see if it was as sweet as he imagined. He wished he could play with his hair, and hear his voice as clearly as he had in his dreams. But, Jongin lived in a world where the sun never sets, and Chanyeol was stuck in one where he watched it go every day.