Chapter 5

She is a Vampire
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I woke up because of my dream, the same dream I had weeks and days ago, the same scene but it's getting worse. I couldn't recall anything except the characters' faces. In every dream, their faces were slowly showing up. Most of them were blurry but all were so familiar to me. I'm still confused about the scene, the ambiance, the place, why it has to be in a wedding? Why it has to be about them, vampires? Why it has to be so rigid? Why it has to be so .. mysterious? Everything's so mysterious, even the place. The woods. The moon, why it has to be Red?

 

"Noona! You're spacing out again." Taemin shook me and realized that we're currently having our breakfast. "What's wrong?" asked Sunny unnie. I smiled, how long I've been spacing out? "Nothing unnie. Sorry." gesturing my apologetic head bows and facial expressions to my family members.

 

They all smiled and started eating again, I know unnie's staring at me. She knows me too well, she knows when I'm bothered, sad, happy, inlove or anything. As what they've said, we're like Twins born in different years. I looked at her and smiled. I can't tell her these dreams because one thing is for sure, she's just gonna laugh at me. "I'm good. Don't worry." I mouthed at her. She's giving me that 'are-you-sure' type of look. I smiled and I know she understands it or more like, she's doubting it.

 

The first hours of the day at school went pretty well, as usual. Meeting different professors every hour for every subject. Non-stop chatting whenever the teacher's not around, that's a normal high school students would do. Tests whom I found slightly easy since I already took them way back in France. And then, lunch time.

 

We took our usual table at the right uppermost part of the canteen. It's like our table since no one's sitting there the entire day or week. We're not even taking any advantage to them though our dad's one of the highly respected professors in the school, I asked my classmates why but they're just answered me with "It's your table Chaerin. The Lee's Table." 

 

I admit it, I hate being one of the superior students in the school but I would lie if I would say I don't like it because I do. Somehow I love it and at the same time, I hate it. Being highly respected though we still didn't reached a month of studying in the school is a bit flattering but walking in the hallway and your juniors and even your seniors would walk to the corner and would almost glued theirselves on the wall and doing that respecting-you bows? No. No. I feel like we're the Parks.

 

Speaking of the Parks, there they are, sitting at the left uppermost part of the canteen which is exactly the opposite table of ours. Just like our table, no one dares to sit there except them. Just like a normal students do while eating, they chat, laugh, teasing each other and etc. It feels so relaxing everytime they giggles or chuckles. I don't know but it's so attractive.

 

And the eventually, my eyes can't stop sticking at her, Sandara Park. For almost a month of being here, Dara became my friend, one of my closest friends or more like, I already treated her as my bestfriend. She's smart and would say my rival for being the top student of the class. She could easily answer any questions in every subjects, whether it's an advance topic or a recalled topic. And because of that, we became the best bud in the class. We talked silly things when a professor's not around, we talked about the lessons and everything except her life. She's mysterious to me but whenever I get a glimpse of her during a class, she reminds me of someone whom I forgot when and where did I met. Her voice reminds of ..

 

 

"Chaerin .." I blinked and snapped everything when I heard Dara's snapping fingers and soft voice.

 

"Yes?"

 

She puckered her lips and pointed towards the north. I giggled at her action and turned my face to where she's pouting to. Oh crap! I forgot we're already here inside the room. "Miss Lee?" Mr. Kang asked me, our Physics professor, one of Dad's biggest rival slash hater.

 

I sighed and stood up. "Yes Mr. Kang?"

 

He grinned, I know what does that mean. He's challenging me again, he's been like that to me every session. "Answer my question."

 

I looked at him sternly while my classmates are all looking at me, waiting for another clashing of answers and questions between the two us. "May you repeat the qeustion, Mr. Kang?"

 

He adjusted his high-graded eyeglasses and narrowed his eyes on me. "Why is Potential Well useful?" everyone gasped, I think he changed the question, Quantum Physics. I looked around and saw their eyes, all were so eager for my answer and my eyes travelled and unexpectedly glued on Dara. She looked at me with those eyes just like the others, then she smiles. Holy shoot, that smile .. that smile whom I can't deny that could lighten up my mood. So pure and so angelic. "You can do it." she mouthed and I smiled.

 

Weird feeling is here again and I hate this, it's not nervousness over the question, I would never be nervous over this thus, it's lighting up the flame of my eagerness. This feeling is .. weird, whenever I looked at her, when she's smiling at me, my heart's racing, it's weird. "Ms. Lee?"

 

I rolled my eyes and looked at this professor. I cleared my throat and started my answer. "As we all know, Potential Well is the region surrounding a local minimum of potential energy. Energy captured in a potential well is unable to convert to another type of energy because it is captured in the local minimum of a potential well. Therefore, a body may not proceed to the global minimum of potential energy, as it would naturally tend to due

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter