Walk Together

It Has To Be You
Eun Mi open her eyes as she hear Ki Seop call for her. She had been trying to sleep ever since she ever got in the car. If only she knows where Ki Seop is trying to bring her, she won’t even come here with him. Eun Mi got out of the car after being persuade by Ki Seop, she look around and just look down.

Ki Seop hold Eun Mi’s hand trying to give Eun Mi strength to keep on walking the road that is unfamiliar to Ki Seop but too familiar to Eun Mi. Eun Mi look at Ki Seop with hope that Ki Seop will stop at what he’s trying to do, but Ki Seop’s eyes are clearly giving another hope to Eun Mi that he’ll protect her no matter what will come for her.

Eun Mi walk into the town that to her bring her too many hurtful and painful memories but even if she tried to lie to herself, those memories that she hold as painful are actually sweet memories that she choose to think of painful ones just because of a person. The one person that hurt her makes her think that everyone hurt her.

She looks on her right as Ki Seop smile at her. Ki Seop had been by her side ever since she move away from this town. He had always been there for her all the time. All the hope she puts on the boy that she love, Ki Seop knows it all. All the heartbreak she felt, Ki Seop knows it all. Instead of calling him best friend, she rather call him hero. The one that save her from getting deeper scar. The one that pull her away from getting hurt too deeply.

The first place that she went to is none other than her school, the place where everything begin. This is the place where she first fall in love and betrayed. It all happen in here. She pull Ki Seop’s hand to the last class she was in. She pointed out to where she seated and to where the person she love the most is seated.

Eun Mi take a seat at her place and told Ki Seop to take a seat at the place where the person she love was seated. Eun Mi look at Ki Seop again. Just how God had destined it for her, Ki Seop came to her. She didn’t even know who Ki Seop is when they first met. Ki Seop offer a hand in friendship and that’s where everything begins.

“As much as I want to deny it, I can’t. I see Jin Woon in you, you know that, right? The difference is you’re too sweet.” Eun Mi finally spoke a word after touring around in silence.

“I don’t mind being seen as Jin Woon. I just want you to move on. If you can’t even stand being in this place, you can’t say you’re waiting for what future holds for you. You’re not letting go of the past, you’re holding tight to it.” Ki Seop said as he walk with Eun mi leaving the school back to his car.

“I guess I did. Thank Ki Seop, I somehow felt relieve.” Eun Mi said.

“This is a new start for you. It’s going to start slower than you expected, because you’re still avoiding something you should have confronted long ago.” Ki Seop said.

“I know, I should meet Jin Woon. If only we’re destined to meet right here and right now, I’m willing to let him go and open up my heart to someone else.” Eun Mi said.

Ki Seop look at Eun Mi smiling. It’s not that Eun Mi could read Ki Seop’s mind but it’s the fact that Eun Mi had heard it a lot from Ki Seop.

[Eun Mi]

This heart of mine, even if I let go of Jin Woon, will he leave his spot? I will only open it for Ki Seop but I won’t be sure if Ki Seop could take over Jin Woon’s place.

I turn to my left as I heard someone call my name. I was so happy to see my old friend, Hye Ri standing and smiling next to me. I freeze as I saw the one besides her staring at me disbelief. It’s not only him, I’m shocked as well. I just promised Ki Seop I’ll let him go if he appear in front of me right here and right now and as if God is helping his angel, Ki Seop, he appear right in front of me. Of all the time he can visit this place, he choose to come here when I’m brave enough to be here.

“Park Eun Mi, what are you doing here? I miss you!” Hye Ri hug her tightly but her gaze is only on Jin Woon. When Hye Ri let go of her, she could see Ki Seop is walking towards Jin Woon offering a handshake.

Jin Woon should shake Ki Seop’s hand but no, his eyes are on Eun Mi that he don’t really realize the hand Ki Seop offer. Eun Mi smile at Hye Ri and walk to Ki Seop. She pull Ki Seop’s hand away. If Jin Woon not going to take his hand, it’s better if Eun Mi’s the one taking that hand.

“You’re here.” Jin Woon finally said something seeing Eun Mi right in front of him. He keep on staring at Ki seop’s and Eun mi’s hand.

“Yes I’m here.” Eun Mi smile at Jin Woon. She’s telling her heart to be strong. No more tears should be shed for the man standing in front of her. She want to move on and so she’ll move on. She walk away from Jin Woon and walk to Hye Ri pulling Ki Seop with her.

“Hye Ri-ah, I’ll come by next time. I wanna meet your baby, ok?” Eun Mi said to Hye Ri and got into Ki Seop’s car.
________________________________