Blossom 15

Lotus Blossom Love

Daehyun's P.O.V

 

The next morning, I jolted up to a blood-curdling scream. It wasn't until I sat up and blinked a few times at the steaming maknae who was glaring daggers at me did I realize that there were actually words being thrown out of his mouth.

 

"HHYYUUUUUUNNNGGGG!!!" Zelo screamed again, nearly deafening me from the proximity.

 

"Jesus, Zelo! What's wrong with you?!" I complained.

 

He glared harder at me. "No Hyung, what's wrong with YOU?!"

 

"What?" I stared back at him in confusion.

 

To no surprise, the others came tumbling down the stairs into the living room after being woken up by the horrendous sound.

 

"Ok, who died?" Yongguk-hyung groaned, while dragging his body towards us with his eyes still closed.

 

"Noona?" Jonggup said.

 

Yongguk's eyes immediately snapped open. "What?! Sooyunnie?!"

 

"No!" Jongup shook his head. He pointed to where Sooyun was sleeping on the couch.

 

As soon as he noticed, Himchan started jumping up and down and pointing his finger frantically at me. "YOU!!!! WHAT DID YOU DO TO OUR SOOYUNNIE! YOU MONSTER!!!!"

 

"Nothing! I didn't do anything!" We heard a yawn and turned to see Sooyun waking up groggily. "Sooyun, tell them I didn't do anything!" I begged.

 

"Lies!!" Zelo bellowed. "I've got evidence!!!" With that, he held up his phone screen towards us and showed us an image he snapped.

 

The picture clearly showed Sooyun and I huddled together on the couch in our sleep, her head snuggled into my chest with my head resting on top of hers. I blushed, but facepalmed and groaned all the same. Great, more drama. Just what I need.

 

Youngjae smirked and gave me a knowing look. "Oh, I see how it is now."

 

"No you don't!" I snapped.

 

"Aww, your face is turning red."

 

"Shut up!"

 

"I knew something was wrong as soon as I noticed Noona missing from the room! And it turns out evil Hyung really did kidnap her!" Zelo continued.

 

"Hey!" I protested. "What 'kidnap'?! Sooyun came down herself!"

 

Himchan pulled Sooyun to her feet and wrapped his arms around her. "Oh my poor Sooyunnie! What did that devil do to you?!"

 

But she didn't answer because was focused on something else. Sooyun was still looking at the picture on Zelo's phone. "We sure are photogenic, aren't we, Daehyunnie?" she giggled.

 

"See, even Sooyun ships the two of you together," Yongguk chortled, high-fiving Youngjae.

 

"Hyung! Not you too!" My eyes flickered over to Sooyun, who had just sent the photo from Zelo's phone to hers and was setting it as her background image.

 

"Please don't do that Sooyun…" I groaned.

 

"Why?" she pouted. "I like it!"

 

"No, you just-- You know-- It's like-- Well-- ARGH…" I didn't bother finishing my sentence and stomped my way up the stairs to my room.

 

"Hey, get back here!" Himchan yelled.

 

"Yeah, we're not done with you Hyung!" Zelo added.

 

I slammed my door close in response.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

"If you're going to be around Noona then one of us has to be there too."

 

"When that is not possible, then you must report to us what you are doing every 10 minutes."

 

"You are not allowed to touch, hug, or have any skinship with Sooyunnie-noona."

 

"Flirting of any sort is forbidden."

 

"You must not---"

 

"You've already told me all this how many times already?!" I finally blew. "Aren't you guys tired from all this rubbish?!"

 

This whole week, the two most meddlesome people became Sooyun's overprotective mothers and invaded every living moment of my life. Not one second went without Himchan-hyung or Zelo's interference and the word 'peace' could not relate unless I was at least a hundred miles away from Sooyun. In other words, it was a total pain in the .

 

"Hyung, Zelo-yah, Daehyun-Hyung knows. Let him eat his lunch in peace," Jongup good-naturedly said.

 

"Yeah," Yongguk-hyung added, "I don't get why you two are giving him all this crap. Daehyun and Sooyun obviously don't think anything's wrong with what they're doing."

 

"You two might even be preventing a new couple from blossoming" Youngjae mused.

 

He returned my glare with a smile. One which seemed a little too innocent, may I add. But before the idiots could blow up again, I decided to change the subject.

 

"So who's taking Sooyun home today?"

 

"Oh damn, I promised Noona I was going to get her computer fixed," Himchan-hyung muttered.

 

"Mum needs me home early..." Zelo sulked.

 

The two looked up hopefully at the others, who shook their heads in return.

 

Jongup: "I have dance practice."

 

Youngjae: "Tutoring my neighbour's kid."

 

Yongguk: "Busy."

 

Himchan-hyung and Zelo stared at him questioningly, "With what?", but Hyung threw them a look that said "Don't even ask" and they decided not to say anything.

 

In the end, they grudgingly told me to take Sooyun home - but not without more of their nagging stupidity of course.

 

 

After dropping her off, I made a detour and decided to study at the nearby library instead of going home. So when I came back to pick her up, she wondered why I was still in school uniform.

 

"And where have you been Mister? Obviously not home," she remarked, jokingly narrowing her eyes at me. "And until so late out too!"

 

I rolled my eyes at her. "I went to the library instead."

 

"So you haven't been home yet? Let's eat out!" Sooyun's eyes gleamed.

 

"Alright. Where to?" I asked.

 

"Somewhere with ddukbokki! And jjajangmyeon!"

 

I brought her to a nearby street stall. It was nothing fancy nor very restaurant-like, with simple tables and chairs set under an outdoor cover, but the food here was amazing. Better than any other place I've been to. Not that I needed to worry about Sooyun's impression of it's appearance.

 

"Mmmm!!" She took a great big whiff of the smell of food cooking in the air. "It smells so good already!"

 

She eagerly took a seat and grabbed the menu to devour with her eyes. I chuckled at her then did the same.

 

"What would you and your girlfriend like to order?" We looked up to see a young waiter who looked around two or three years older than us.

 

"One large dish of ddukbokki, jjajangmyeon, the pork dumplings and two servings of kimchi, thank you!" Sooyun happily ordered, flashing him a brilliant smile.

 

The waiter sighed. "Too bad a girl as adorable as you already has a boyfriend."

 

Sooyun tilted her head cluelessly. "Boyfriend?"

 

He looked up at her hopefully. "He's not your boyfriend?" he asked, while nodding towards me. "Then I still have a chance! Nice to meet you, I'm Kyungjo."

 

Before Sooyun could tell him her name, I decided to cut in. "Well Kyungjo, we would also like two Sikhye drinks (A/N: sweet rice beverage) and that would be all." My whole facial expression screamed "Go away!" and he reluctantly left after briefly telling us that the food would be served shortly.

 

"He seems like a nice guy," Sooyun said. "You two would get along so well!"

 

I whipped my head towards her, about to yell "Are you for real?!". But after seeing her smiling face, I just replied with an "Is that so..."

 

As like usual, the food was prepared and served quickly and met all expectations when it came to taste.

 

"Waah! This is so much better than any other ddukbokki or jjajangmyeon I've had before Daehyunnie!" Sooyun exclaimed.

 

I smiled. "Yeah, they don't get any better than this. This is my favourite place," I said, before stuffing my face.

 

That Kyungjo guy walked past our table. "Glad you like the food," he smirked, winking at her before leaving to do whatever it is he does. I scoffed. Great, another Myungsoo.

 

The whole time we were there, Kyungjo came by our table every chance he could and tried to chat up Sooyun. Every time, I interrupted him by either asking him to do something, or kept talking with Sooyun whilst ignoring him completely until he walked away. I was feeling quite smug by the end of the meal when I succeeded in dragging her away, leaving behind a sulky waiter who didn't even manage to get her name.

 

"Ah, that was the best food I've had since coming down here!" Sooyun said while rubbing her full stomach. "Aigoo, I'm so full I can't walk!"

 

"Then you shouldn't have eaten so much," I chortled. "It's not like you weren't going to be able to eat it ever again."

 

"But it was so good!" she gasped. "How could I possibly stop!"

 

I shook my head at her as she groaned.

 

"Ey ~~, I don't wanna walk no more. Let's go sit down at those swings for a bit!" Sooyun pulled me towards the dimly lit park in the night and plopped herself on a swing.

 

"Wheee~~~~!" she squealed, swinging herself.

 

"Hey hey hey, you just ate. You'll feel sick if you swing so high."

 

"Daehyunnie, you wanna push me?" she asked in a cute voice.

 

"No."

 

She pouted. "Aww, please Daehyunnie-oppa?"

 

"Fine," I complained, but felt a smile creep up on my face anyway.

 

Sooyun closed her eyes and enjoyed the relaxing cool breeze whipping past her face and through her hair as I pushed her gently on the swing. A while passed until I realized it was getting late.

 

"Sooyun-ah, let's go home, it's getting late."

 

"Mmm..." came a mumbled, sleepy reply. I went around to her front and noticed that she was actually sleeping on her right hand which was wrapped around the chain. She opened her tired eyes.

 

I turned around and bent down in front of her. "Get on, Sooyunnie-ah," I gently said.

 

Instantly, she wrapped her arms around my neck and flopped her body on my back. With my backpack in the front, I trudged off home while piggybacking Sooyun. The cool night wind at her bare face, as I felt her bury it into my neck to stay warm. Unintentionally, a smile appeared on my face.

 

Not before long, she started mumbling and writhing around lightly. Her movements gradually became greater as she whimpered in distraught. Was she having a nightmare, maybe?

 

"Shh, it's ok Sooyunnie. Daehyun-oppa's here. Everything's alright," I coaxed.

 

With that, she instantly resumed her peaceful sleep.

 

As I reached my doorstep, I realized it wasn't going to be easy getting my keys out and opening the door. I shuffled around a bit on the spot trying to think of a way. But before I could come up with something, the door suddenly flew open.

 

I stared at the two familiar figures in shock.

 

"Daehyun, you're back!" they chorused.

 

"Ma?! Pa?!"

 

 

==========================================

 

Hello readers, I'm back! Hooray, exams are finally over :D So hopefully I'll be able to update more often ^^ This story's more than halfway over already, although I have no idea how many chapters there're going to end up being (I expected 20 but it's definitely going to go over now :P)

 

Now Daehyun's parents have arrived! Ooh, what's going to happen next?

Thank you for your support!