1. Just Now I Wake Up

Tonight (Be Mine)

 

Sungyeol

"Umma~! You awake?" Sungyeol called out while closing his curtains.

 

The grin on my face from seeing Minhee so early in the morning was still evident on my face. It was a ritual to wave hello to Minhee each morning, unless one of us (usually myself) woke up late.

 

I quickly went into the bathroom and looked into the mirror, blinking a couple of times to wake myself up. Picking up a facecloth, I soaked it under the running tap. I lifted the pink cloth, which Woohyun and Minhee always made fun of, to my face and scrubbed my wonderful, yes wonderful,  skin quickly before rinsing it out in the sink and then hanging it to dry.

 

Looking into the mirror one last time I fixed a stray piece of hair before leaving to head to the first floor of the house.

 

"Mmm, I smell Gaeran Mari." I called out happily to my mother, who was currently cooking said dish.

 

I my lips and hurried into the kitchen, sliding my arms around umma’s waist and resting my chin on her shoulder while smiling like an idiot. Having freshly cooked food was big factor in me actually getting up on time for school, other than MinMin.

 

The temptation to my lips was strong as the beautiful lady in front of me  slid the food onto a plate and twisted around in my hold to hand me the plate. I leaned in to place a kiss on her cheek, still happily grinning at the thought of eating, and groaned loudly.

 

"Komawo umma, I felt like I would die from starvation, oh no!" She just laughed at my exaggeration and turned away, putting the pan on the cooler side of the stove top and leaving to go watch a drama.

 

 

I was just about to eat the still steaming food in front of me when my mother called from the other room, “Yah, Sungyeol-ah, don’t you dare eat before waking up your sister!”

 

Aish.... she knew me too well.

 

I reluctantly put my dish down on the counter and made my way back upstairs to fetch Dasom who was probably already up and colouring. When I got to her room, my previous assumptions were correct; Dasom was sitting at her little desk with her drawings lined up on the surface, still working on one of the pieces.

 

Butterfly?” I called out to her softly, moving around her chair and crouching down to look at the pieces of paper lined up before looking up to her cute, little face.

 

What are you drawing Butterfly?

 

She didn’t respond to my nickname for her at first but after a moment she nodded and attempted to point before giving up and just placing her hand on the main part of her drawing, “Unnie.”

 

I couldn’t help the goofy smile that spread across my face as I realized that the scribble of a stick figure was in fact Minhee.

 

That’s beautiful Butterfly. How about we go downstairs and eat some of Umma’s breakfast that she cooked for us and then you can show Unnie when she gets here, ne?” It took a minute to coax her down but I think Minhee was the reason.

 

I kissed her cheek, her slapping lightly at my face to make me move away and myself laughing at the action.

 

I held her hand securely in mine before leading her down to the kitchen, flicking off the light in her room on our way out.

 

You hungry Dasommie?” She nodded and sat in one of the chairs, I was proud of her being able to get up by herself.

 

Umma made great breakfast, make sure to eat well okay?” I grabbed the plate left on the countertop and placed it in front of her with a smile before reaching over and grabbing my own plate of food, eagerly digging in.

 


 

After we finished our breakfast, I looked over to the clock above the table and almost cursed under my breath, remembering that Dasom was there stopped me. I was going to be late if I didn’t hurry so I quickly wiped Dasom’s chin with my thumb and ushered her into the other room to sit with Umma.

 

I’ll be back to take you to see Unnie in a second okay Butterfly?” I called out quickly as I ran up the stairs to my room to get ready. I sloppily pulled a brush through my hair, running my fingers through it after to style it and then moving to my closet to throw on my uniform and a sweater on top.

 

It didn’t take me long to get ready so I slowed down slightly and grabbed my school bag before heading over to Dasom’s room to carefully take her drawing of Minhee, taking extra care not to disrupt her line of other drawings.

 

The doorbell rang just as I made it to my sister and I smiled, quickly taking her hand in mine and moving to the front door. Unlocking and pulling it open I was met with the beautiful face of my best friend. Just as I was opening my mouth to greet her a smaller voice beat me to it.

 

"YOU'RE HERE!"

 

The few times Dasom actually raised her voice, it was either for Minhee or one of the guys. Although I would've liked to be the person to first greet her, I couldn't be mad at my sister. 

 

A tinkling voice interupptted my thoughts and I moved my gaze from the door to Minhee. My face broke out into a lopsided grin at the sight of the two girl's hugging. 

 

"What am I, garbage?" I jokingly complained. Minhee grinned, I loved her smile, and held her arms open to include me and I bent down to join the two in their hug. I almost forgot about the picture in my hand and quickly poked Dasom, "Don't you have something to show Unnie?"

 

Minhee quickly gasped with a bright smile, "Does Minhee Unnie get a surprise this morning?"

 

Dasom nodded blankly and quickly retrieved the sheet of paper from my hand and ed it at her. Minhee took it, scanning the drawing, and immediately pulled Dasom back into another hug. She was one of the only people that Dasom was actually okay with hugging so much.

 

"Wow is this really for me?" Min pulled back and looked at the colourful picture and pointed at the stick figure, "Is this Unnie?"

 

Dasom just stared at Minhee's leg and stood there waiting for a reaction. When she realized what my sister wanted she looked down with a broad smile, "Unnie is so lucky to have a little artist as a dongsaeng...ah it's time for us to go, school's about to start, say goodbye to Oppa okay?"

 

After checking her watch she took Dasom's smaller hand in hers and turned it to wave at me because she wouldn't do it herself. "Bye Yeol Oppa!" I gave a small wave back and kissed the top of her head before calling a goodbye to my mom in the other room.

 

"Be good Butterfly, I'll be home soon- how about you make another pretty picture for Min Unnie?" I waved goodbye to her blank face again and walked out the door, making sure not to let the wind slam it shut- I didn't want to startle Dasom.

 

 


 
Walking beside Minhee, the silence between us wasn't awkward at all, it was peaceful. I decided that I'd had enough of the silence and discreetly poked Minhee's side, quickly looking ahead so she wouldn't suspect anything.
 
"Sungyeol..." I looked over to see Minhee's straight face.
 
"Yes MinMin~?" She shook her head and brought a hand to her forehead in a facepalm at my blinking eyes.
 
"You know you're the only one beside me right? No one else could've poked me...."
 
I pouted and thought for a minute, "....Oh."
 
She sighed in amusement and shook her head again before pushing my arm, "You choding."
 
"Yah!"
 
"Yah?! Don't you 'yah' me boy!"
 
To put it frankly, my arm was sore for the rest of the day.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Author's Note:

 

Ahhhhhhh, so I'm done the first chapter and I hope it wasn't too bad (hah I know it was total poop) >.<

It's short this time but I'll try and make longer chapters for next time.

Please comment and subscribe, hopefully I'll be able to update consistantly~ 

 

ALSO If anyone can guess what's wrong with Dasom, they get a gold star and a joke~

Anyways-

tumblr_m5fc7tBERL1r6tiuzo10_500.gif