A Date With DongHo

Love in the Park (Dongho One Shot)

Dongho's POV

I took a sip of my iced coffee, gently swinging back and forth. I checked the time 8:30 PM, thirty minutes left. Aish, why did I have to come so early? Of course I knew the answer to that one, I was too excited, my first date with Lin, how could I possibly just sit at home with that thought just sitting in my head? I now thoroughly regretted not just waiting at home though... At least I could've played some x-box or something, at the park all I could do was just sit here swinging on this stupid swing.

I sighed before pulling out my phone and texting Kevin hyung. 

I'm so bored, she's still not here yet, I texted him.

My phone buzzed, What did you think was gonna happen? You went 40 minutes before said time... Pabo...

Yah! Hyung, you're supposed to be trying to make me feel better! Meanie TT TT I should've just told her to come earlier...

The earlier you see each other, the better chance there is of you two getting caught, he reminded me.

I guess so...

Our dear maknae-yah, just be patient ^^

I at being patient and I hate waiting...

I heard a stifled giggle next to my ear. I jumped off the swing and spun around, a short squeal came from the figure as they fell.

By the time I realized it was who it was, they were already face down in woodchips.

Lin's POV

I stood before the park thirty minutes early. I was too nervous to just sit at home and do nothing so I figured why not come here and wait? I saw the back of figure on the swing. Wait, is that Dongho? I watched as he pulled out his phone and started texting someone. He was so honestly so gorgeous no matter what he was doing... I can't believe he actually asked me out. I've been friends with him since his debut, but I never thought he ever looked at me in that way... After all, when I met him, I was just a fan. I guess being one of their only fans in Korea at the time helped my situation a bit...

I walked up behind him peeking over his shoulder, he was texting Kevin.

I read his first text sent. I'm so bored, she's still not here yet, I bit my lip to hold back a smile.

Kevin had answered with What did you think was gonna happen? You went 40 minutes before said time... Pabo... If only he knew, I grinned.

Dongho's fingers flew across the phone's keyboard as he replied. Yah! Hyung, you're supposed to be trying to make me feel better! Meanie TT TT I should've just told her to come earlier... 

The earlier you see each other, the better chance there is of you two getting caught, Kevin had said. I sighed a little at that one, a popstar isn't the easiest type of person to date...

I guess so...

Our dear maknae-yah, just be patient ^^ 

Ha, Dongho be patient?

I at being patient and I hate waiting... I tried to stifle my giggle but I guess it didn't work because he jumped up and spun around scaring the bejeezus out of me; a few seconds later I found myself face down in woodchips... 

Dongho's POV

"Ow..." she muttered.

"Lin! I'm so sorry! I didn't know it was you, you just scared me..." I said as I helped her up.

"It's alright, I shouldn't have been reading your texts over your shoulder, anyways..." 

I started dusting her off, "Are you okay?" I asked worriedly.

"Considering I just fell first into woodchips... actually yes, I'm completely okay," she grinned.

I rolled my eyes, "It's because you're falling all the time anyways, dummy."

"You're the dummy, dummy," she pouted.

"I think we all know you're the real dummy here, you cutie," I said pinching her cheek.

She scowled, turning away from me. "Jerk," she muttered but it was obvious she was holding back a smile.

I turned my back to her, too. "Fine, I was gonna get you ice cream, but I guess I'm too much of a jerk to do so," I huffed while fighting back a smile of my own.

Lin's POV

"Fine, I was gonna get you ice cream, but I guess I'm too much of a jerk to do so," Dongho huffed. My eyes widened at ice cream. 

"Oppa!" I exclaimed. "I didn't really mean it! Please get me ice cream," I begged with aegyo.

"No, words like 'jerk' can't just be taken back," he replied. Rude. I scowled a bit. More aegyo is needed.

"Oppa~~ I'm sorry~ Please forgive me," I said this time my voice was overflowing with aegyo.

"Never," he huffed. He held his position well...

I pouted, while tugging on his arm. "Oppa~~" More cuteness, c'mon Dongho, you can't resist this. He continued to hold his snobby rick kid position. 

I stopped for a minute thinking, maybe I should...? No, that's crazy... but maybe... I wrapped my arms around him, and rocked him back and forth. "Oppa, please?" I said my voice full of fake sadness and cuteness. Wow, how weird this felt.. All these years we've been friends, we've never had this much skinship... 

Dongho's POV

"Oppa~~ I'm sorry~ Please forgive me," she said. Woah, aegyo alert. Must. Resist. Cuteness.

"Never," I huffed.

Lin pouted, while tugging on my arm. "Oppa~~" Too. Cute. I can't.

She stopped for a minute before wrapping her arms around me, and rocking me back and forth. "Oppa, please?" she said her voice full of fake sadness and cuteness. My eyes widened at the sudden skinship, all these years we've been friends, we've never had this much skinship; we've never been this close to each other. Ever.

I could practically hear my heart beating, oh god, am I having a heartattack? DongHo, calm down, you're 19, you are NOT having a heartattack... I wonder if she can feel my heart beating... I wanted to turn around and hug her back, but I didn't...

Flustered, I rolled my eyes, "All this for an ice cream," I muttered. "Well let's go then," I said, pulling away. 

~~~~~~

Lin's POV

We sat on the swing together eating our ice cream in awkward silence. Oh god, why did I hug him? What if I just ruined our friendship, god, I'm so stupid! Our first date! And I ruined it before it really even started... I knew it was too good to be true

I looked at my ice cream sadly, 'at least I can never ruin our relationship', I thought to the ice cream, 'well maybe if there were laxatives in you, and you gave me diarrhea, but you're still too delicious, so I'd eventually move on past that.' 

Am I really thinking about my relationship with ice cream...? I sighed, I really don't want my relationship with Dongho to be ruined... I really am a dummy...

Dongho's POV

Lin sat there staring sadly at her ice cream, knowing her, she probably thought she ruined our relationship with that hug or something. I felt so bad but I couldn't quite bring myself to comfort her. I'm such a terrible friend... I know what she's like; how could I just let her suffer like this?

Damn, this is so frustrating... But I still wouldn't have traded that hug for anything because that hug was just... amazing.

I remember when I first met her during our debut days. She was one of our only fans... Everyone else prefered SHINee... She was there at our debut stage, and I remember seeing her in the audience, I almost fell because I couldn't take my eyes off her...

Later, after we'd finished, I headed out first to see if I could find her. It ended up I didn't have to look because she got lost on her way out, and ended up backstage. At the time she was drinking an iced coffee, the same one I was drinking while waiting for her. Being Lin, her clumsy self, she ran into me and spilled it all over me... I smiled at that memory, some things never change. 

She treated me to lunch because she felt bad, and we really hit it off. We've been friends since, and I've liked her since I met her, but I never had the courage to ask her out until three days ago. Now we were here.

I stared at her; she was so beautiful even when she was sad, but it killed me to know I was the reason she was upset. Her left hand held her ice cream and her right hand swung aimlessly with the swing. It was so close to me... It would probably tell her that everything was okay between us, too... 

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath, here goes nothing. I inched my hand closer to hers, closer, closer, just a little further. 

Crunch, she'd jumped off the swing before I could reach her hand. I sighed. 

"I'm gonna go throw my cup out, do you want me to take yours?" she asked. I shook my head, her expression turned even sadder. "Oh, okay," she said before walking towards the garbage. 

DAMN IT DONGHO. WHY DID YOU HAVE TO SAY NO? WHAT KIND OF TERRIBLE PERSON ARE YOU?! 

I feel like throwing myself into the Han River right now... I jumped off the swing myself, and quickly walked to the trash and threw out my cup. By that time, she was already walking back.

I ran up to her, grabbed her hand, and pulled her into my arms. "You dummy, how could you ever think you ruined our relationship with a hug..." I whispered in her ear.

Lin's POV

My heart was pounding out of my chest, "Are we really okay?" I asked.

"Of course, that hug was great, okay? I just didn't really know how to react... I'm sorry I made you upset," he said gently.

I hugged him back, "I was so worried I ruined our friendship."

"I know, but don't worry. Nothing could ruin our friendship, got it?"

"Got it," I whispered. We stood there for minutes, just holding onto each other for what felt like an eternity. I could stay like this forever...

Dongho's POV

I'd never felt happier than when she was in my arms. I always always happiest around her, but this was a new level of happy. Should I tell her how I feel and felt, now? What if she thinks I'm weird and leaves me? Wait, didn't I just say nothing could ruin our friendship?

Now's not the right time, I thought. Later 

~~~~~~~~~

Lin was sat against a large tree with my head resting on her lap, her hands aimlessly playing with my hair in the comfortable silence. I guess it's now or never.

"I really, really like you, you know?" I said softly. Her eyes looked at me in shock, "Really?"

I nodded. "I've liked you ever since we first met, I just never had the courage to tell you..."

Lin's POV

"I really like you, you know?" I heard Dongho murmur. I looked at him in shock, "Really?" 

He nodded. "I've liked you since we first met, I just never had the courage to tell you..."

Is this real life? Am I dreaming? Did he really just say that? I've lost count of how many times I've dreamed of this moment...

A huge smiled spread across my face, "same."

He sat up abruptly, "what did you say?"

"I said same. I've really, really liked you since we met, too," I responded.

"ARE YOU SERIOUS?!" he said, jumping up to his feet. "DO YOU MEAN TO TELL ME WE COULD'VE BEEN DATING ALL THIS TIME?!"

I thought a moment, "I guess so..."

His eyes widened. 

"I can't believe this... Really... All this time..." he muttered angrily to himself. I stood up, putting a hand on his shoulder.

"Oppa, calm down," I said while trying not to laugh at the Dongho standing before me.

"You think this is funny don't you?!" 

"Yeah, a little," I giggled. 

He thought hard for minute, "Does that mean we're really further in our relationship than we technically seem?"

"Hm, I guess you could say that," I shrugged. "Why?"

"No reason."

Dongho's POV

If we were further in our relationship than technically speaking, does that mean I could...? I saw her staring at me with an eyebrow raised.

"Oh my gosh!" I exclaimed suddenly. "There's a ton of little white specks on your face, must be pollen or something." What am I even saying? I mentally facepalmed myself. 

"Really?" she said reaching up to wipe her face.

"NO!"

She furrowed her brows at me. "Why?"

"Because I'll get it for you," I said shooting her a terribly fake smile. King of un-smoothness anyone?

"Dongho oppa, you're so weird, you know that?"

I held my fake smile and nodded. "Now close your eyes." She gave me one last look before finally closing her eyes.

God, she looked so pretty... I slowly inched closer.

"Oppa, what are you doing?"

"I'm getting a handkerchief to wipe your face with," I lied. I inched a tiny bit closer. My heart was beating out of my chest... By now, I could practically feel her skin.

Closer, just a tiny bit more. 

Lin's POV

I felt Dongho's warm breath blowing on my face. What is he doing so close to my face if he's not wiping my face off? Could he be...?

The answer came instantly after.

I felt his warm lips pressed to mine.

My heart was beating so hard, I felt like I was going to break a rib. 

As his lips moved gently against mine, I could practically feel the static between our bodies. It was magical. 

DongHo's POV

I moved my lips slowly against hers. This was my first actual kiss, not just a just a peck, but a real kiss.

It was... incredible. I felt like I was on cloud nine.

Regretfully, I finally pulled away from her.

"Oppa, that was... really something," she whispered softly, smiling against my lips.

"Of course because I'm the one who gave it to you," I grinned cheekily. She slapped me playfully.

"Don't get cocky, you dummy." My grin spread wider. She was too cute. After a minute or so of silence, she began to speak again. "I wish we could stay here, like this, forever."

"Maybe we can't stay here forever, but we can stay like this forever," I murmured back.

"Isn't that a bit much for a first date?" she chuckled.

"But you said before, our relationship is further than it seems," I reminded her with a smile.

"I hate it when you're right."

I let out a small laugh, "Dummy," I whispered.

"But, I'm your dummy," she grinned.

"Yes, you're my beautiful, incredible, and amazing dummy. And... I-I love you."

Her smile at that moment... I swore it could've killed me with all it's beauty.

"I love you, too, oppa. I love you, too."

___________________________________________________________

For my frand Lin. DongLin hashtag OTP 

*whispers* DongLin is real. DongLin will be forever more.

P.S. Sorry if it

Add on to the ending just for Lin

Lin's POV

Then he ed me against the tree

Fin <3