Because I love you - Dedicated to sthyme

Oneshot Series: Super Junior + M [CLOSED]

 

Welcome readers~

My first oneshot (:

Ever.

I'm so sorry you had to wait so long, sthyme unnie!

This is dedicated to sthyme and her love of Leeteukkie (:

Thanks for being my mentor :D

It's pretty long - my longest story yet :3

Anyway,

ENJOY!


Your dorm room was silent, apart from the tinkering of the piano. As you pressed each finger onto the white and black keys, you closed your eyes, relaxing at the sound of the music. Playing the piano was your source of relaxation. Whenever you were stressed or angry, you would sit at the piano, letting everything out. Now, the excessive rehearsals were just about tiring you out, and you felt no more than a ragdoll that had been tossed back and forth.

You opened your eyes, and the piano stopped playing. You knew that all this practise was worth it; it would mean that your debut would come sooner. But you couldn’t help thinking how exhausting everything was. You’ve been training under SM Entertainment for 6 years, ever since you were 16 years of age, now 22 years old. Although age is just a number, you often wondered when you were going to debut. You sighed, and looked up at the music. Pachelbel’s Canon in D major was your signature song, and your favourite. It was calming, and possessed a harmonious melody, perfect as a form of easing your strained mind and body.

You placed your fingers back onto the keyboard and started to play, your ears met with a powerful yet familiar tune. You concentrated hard, careful to express every drop of emotion into the piece. You were so attached to the music; you didn’t notice the door knocking, or the shadow looming over your piano.

“Hae Mil -shi...Hello?”  said a familiar voice, in an urgent tone,

You didn’t look up, still immersed in the music.

“Anybody home?” said the same voice, now waving a hand fervently in your face.

You looked up to find your manager looking back with an excited look on his face.

“Mianhe, manager oppa. I was concentrating on the piano...what’s up?” you said.

“Don’t worry about it.” he said, with a wave of his hand. “I have some exciting news for you.”

“Go on...” you said, curious.

“You’re going to debut in a movie!” he revealed gleefully.

You screamed in excitement, before realising something.

“Wait...what? A movie? I thought I was debuting as a singer.” you said, confused.

“Um...yes, about that...” he started. “You see...there’s already all these new girl groups in the music industry at the moment, so we thought that if you also debuted as a singer, you wouldn’t be as popular. Then we decided to put you in a movie first...see how you go. You’re a really good actress anyway.” he explained.

“Well...when is this movie going to be filmed?” you asked nervously.

“Rehearsal starts next week. In the meantime, I’ll get you the script, and you will have to memorise your lines.” he replied. “Oh and, you will be playing the main character.” he added, walking out the door.


“Oppa...” you expressed emotionally. “I have to go......I’ll be back soon...I promise.  Just remember, saranghae.”

Glistening tears rolled down your face, as you turned away.

“CUT!”

You wiped your tears dry with your sleeve, and anticipated your manager’s analysis.

“Bravo!” praised your manager, clapping his hands. “I think you’ve mastered that bit now. You should be ready for your big day tomorrow! Hwaiting!”

You smiled; glad you had passed your manager’s high standards.

“Kamsahamnida manager oppa for helping me.” you said graciously, bowing down.

“No need to thank me, Hae Mil.” he smiled. “After all, it’s all thanks to your diligent work.”

[Next day...]

Today is the day. Today’s the day I get to make my mark in this world.

With a smile, you jumped out of bed, changed into casual clothes, and headed out to the bathroom. As you brushed your teeth, you couldn’t stop smiling to yourself.

I can’t believe that this day has come...

Still smiling, you literally skipped to the kitchen, where your manager had already made himself comfortable, sipping a hot cup of coffee and reading the newspaper. He looked up as you excitedly entered the room.

“Why so excited?” he asked, amused.

“Why shouldn’t I be excited?!” you replied. “Today is the day.” you said, putting an emphasis on the word ‘the’.

“Fair enough.” he replied, reading his newspaper.

You made breakfast, but you were barely able to eat anything as anticipation was taking over your stomach. After you had managed to eat a spoonful of scrambled eggs, and washed it down with a glass of milk, you sat next to your manager.

“Manager oppa...is there anything I need to bring?” you asked.

“Just bring your copy of the script. That should be ok.” he replied.


Your stomach became even tenser as the journey to the rehearsal venue advanced. Although you were excited to the point of not being able to breathe, you were also nervous of everyone else’s expectations.

What if they think I’m a bad actress? What if I embarrass myself infront of everyone? What if...

“Is everything ok?” asked your manager, concerned, taking his eyes off the road.

“No, no. I’m fine...” you started. “Oppa, is it normal for a person to be really nervous when it’s their debut days?”

“Of course it’s normal.” he replied. “Just tell yourself that you can do it. Hwaiting!”

“Hwaiting!” you replied enthusiastically.

Hwaiting! I can do this...

The car stopped moving, and your manager turned off the engine. You had arrived infront of a large secluded hall.

“We’re here.” announced your manager.


You stood there awkwardly next to your proud manager, whilst several well-known people bustled passed. You felt like you were in a dream.

You gasped.

“Is that...Seung Gi?”  you asked, as the man walked past, talking to an older man, assumed to be his manager.

Your manager’s eyes followed yours and replied.

“Oh yes, that’s indeed Seung Gi. He’s going to be playing the second male lead.”


It was time for rehearsal to start, and the actors involved with the first few scenes filed into the large practise halls. Sitting near the corner of the brightly lit room, was a dark brunette man, engrossed with his script.

“I thought that you loved me...” he whispered to himself, reading out his lines.

When he saw that it was time for rehearsal, he looked up, slightly embarrassed and stood up from his chair.

“Annyeong!” he greeted everyone happily. It seems as though he was a ray of sunlight, brightening up everybody’s days already. “Park Jung Su-imnida.” he bowed.

Your eyes widened.

Park Jung Su...isn’t that Leeteuk’s full name? Wait. Leeteuk?! What’s he doing here? Manager oppa never told me he was acting too.

“Isn’t he Leeteuk?” you asked slowly, voicing out your thoughts.

A gentle and cheerful voice brought you back to reality.

“Annyeong! I’m Leeteuk. Nice to meet you.” he said enthusiastically, holding out his hand.

You glanced at him, slightly embarrassed. You were careful not to get lost in those hypnotising eyes of his, or stare too much at his ridiculously cute dimple that was there whenever he smiled.

Holy...he’s even better looking in person.

“Annyeong. Hae Mil-imnida. Kim Hae Mil, that is.” you said, shaking his hand.

His grasp was firm yet warm, the sort of grasp that no one really wanted to let go of.

“Hello Hae Mil.” he said warmly. “Since we’re going to be co-stars in this movie, let’s be kind to each other, and work hard! Hwaiting!”

You still hadn’t let go of his hand, holding onto it, cherishing the warmth and amiability, which was getting more awkward by the minute. Quickly letting go, you held your arm up, fingers clenched up in a fist.

“Hwaiting!”   

Although you would have liked to further indulge yourself in Leeteuk’s presence, it was time for rehearsal.

With everyone gathered up in a group, the director introduced himself.

“Annyeong. I will be your directoer. Park Myung Hun imnida!”

The cast chorused their greetings back.

“Ok then, as all of you should know, this movie will be called ‘Because I loved you’. It’ll be about a love story between a rich girl and a poor guy; similar to the situation in the Titanic. The main guy will be acted out by Leeteuk...yes, you know him? Yes, yes...Now, the main girl will be played by Kim Hae Mil. She’s new to the entertainment industry, so why don’t we welcome her? Hae Mil-shi?  Can you please come up so we can all see you?”

At the sound of your name, you stiffened your back with a jolt. He lightly gestured at you to walk over, to which you obeyed.

Once you arrived at the front, your co-stars-to-be applauded, and cheered. One of them caught your eye: Leeteuk, who was clapping eagerly and smiling, lighting up his eyes.

“So Hae Mil-shi, tell us a little about yourself.” said the director encouragingly.

“Annyeong everyone.” you bowed. “I’m Hae Mil, and I’m 22 years of age. I’m from SM Entertainment, and I’ve been a trainee for 6 years. I enjoy singing and acting, as well as playing the piano. I’m very excited to be debuting in a movie, and to work alongside every single one of you. I hope you’ll welcome me with open arms, and let’s do well together!” 


Before you knew it, the time had flown past, and a few hours had already passed. Even though you were extremely nervous since you were so close to Leeteuk, your acting skills were flawless, and you only needed to repeat all the scenes a couple of times, if none at all. The next scene included a kiss, which had been tying your stomach into large and extremely tangled knots.

As much as he tried to hide it, Leeteuk was also evidently nervous, with sweat forming on his forehead. The lead up to the kiss was extremely suspenseful and nerve racking, and your internal system was on red alert.  You could tell Leeteuk was panicking, as his face grew slightly tenser and tenser.

Wanting to impress your director, and fellow actors, you decided to play it cool, and remain as calm as possible, no matter how red your cheeks turned. Soon, the moment was right, and the script called for a kiss. It was meant to be a tender and loving moment between the couple, and you were going to try and express that as best as you could.

As Leeteuk slowly drew closer, you did the same, with every step making it harder for you to breath. At last, with closed eyes, your lips touched his, and your heart stopped beating. They felt soft and warm, so perfect.  You tried to pretend not to enjoy this, but you couldn’t help yourself.

“CUT!”

You and Leeteuk awkwardly broke apart, and wiped your lips with your sleeve.

“Great job! I could really feel the emotion and love. I think this is going to be a successful movie!” said your director gleefully.

“Kasahamnida.” you and Leeteuk both bowed, thanking the director.

“Well, I think that’s enough for today. At this rate, we’ll get this filmed perfectly in no time! See you tomorrow!”


You thought back to the kiss: no other had kissed you that way before. Correction, no guy had ever kissed you. Ever. 

You had dated guys of course, but you had never had to courage to kiss anyone. You thought it should only be shared with truly loved ones, and your so-called ‘boyfriends’ were definitely not of that sort.

You had never had this feeling before. Whenever you thought about him, your heart would beat faster and faster. Whenever you saw him, you felt like your insides were on some sort of rollercoaster ride, and that your limbs had turned into jelly.

Is this what love feels like? Or is this just lust?

You knew that this was just acting, and it was supposed to mean nothing.

A kiss is just a kiss, so what? A kiss doesn’t mean that person is engaged to the other forever. And besides, who’s heard of love that’s lasted forever?

But you couldn’t help noticing the way his lips shifted to fit yours. You couldn’t help noticing the shot of electricity that blasted up your spine when your lips touched his. You couldn’t help noticing the firm hold at your waist; it felt like he would never let go. You couldn’t help noticing the way his fingers tangled in your long black hair.

You just couldn’t help noticing the way he made you feel.


[Leeteuk’s POV]

Why do I keep thinking about her?

Is it because I’ve fallen in love?

No, no, that can’t be. She’s just a friend, a co-star. Even if I did, I doubt she’d return those same feelings.

No. Park Jung Su, no, you do not like her. You’ve met her for like a day. You keep thinking about her, because you’re worried how the movie’s going to turn out.

Yes, yes. That’s it. There’s no other reason, no other reason at all.


The past few weeks were filled to the top with rehearsals, where unfortunately you had to spend them face to face with Leeteuk, as there was more than just one scene in which they kissed. In parts where you didn’t express enough emotion, or didn’t make it seem realistic enough, you had to redo and redo, until you got it right.

You got slightly better at handling the kiss situations. All you had to do was close your eyes, and bar your brain from recognising what your body was feeling. However, your heart still managed to stop beating as soon as Leeteuk’s touch was received.

What am I going to do? I can’t keep on like this...I’ll explode. Should I confess? Maybe that’ll make me feel better.

And so, you planned to confess as soon as the movie hit the theatres. With this in mind, your heart felt slightly relaxed, and you found it easier to control yourself around Leeteuk, just as long as he did not smile as you, which in that case, your heart would melt, and your life, would be over.

You acted colder towards him, as to reduce the chances of him smiling at you. Mentally apologising to him, you sent him a telepathic message promising that you would explain later.


[Leeteuk's POV]

She’s started to act a little less friendly towards me.

Did I do something wrong? Did I say something I wasn’t supposed to?

But the thing is, the way that she acts intrigues me even more. It gives her a mysterious aura; one that I would like to unwrap and find the very centre of. It makes me want to know her even more.

Maybe she doesn’t like my smile. Is that it?

Or maybe she thinks my acting is absolute rubbish...

Or maybe...


One month’s worth of hard work had finally paid off, and it was time for the real filming. As the setting was in Korea, there was luckily no need to travel any vast distances. Each day of filming proved to be a nightmare. The more you tried to block out Leeteuk, the more he tried to invade your defences.

As pathetic as it may sound, each kiss still made your legs weak, and heart stop. Whenever he pushed his hair back, or flicked it, you would take a sharp intake of breath and mentally drool. Although he smiled at you less often, you still had a shred of hope that he would do so at least once, so you could have the chance to see his eyes light up, and his dimple form on his cheek.


[Leeteuk's POV]

What do I do?

I’m not sure if I can bare this anymore. Now, it’s not just me thinking of her 24/7, my heartbeat accelerates whenever she goes near me, and those kisses make me feel like I’m floating on air.

Is this normal?

I never feel this way around girls...

Maybe she’s the one.

Yes, I think she is.

But this is this ridiculous. Who ever heard of someone falling in love with their co-star on a movie set?

I’m pathetic; just so pathetic.

What do I do...

Well, I guess I’m going to have to confess, but when?

If I confess now, then the relationship between us would be awkward, and the filming will turn out to be a catastrophe.

No, no, much better to confess after the filming is done.

Yes, I’ll do just that.


Each day you trekked on, trying to block out Leeteuk. Being infatuated in your acting ability, your director never noticed this, much to your relief. This mental blocking didn’t always work; during some days, you were more vulnerable than the day before.

But you tried, and you tried your best, until all the filming had been finished.

“Great work everyone! This is going to be the next Titanic. Remember to attend the premiere!” announced your director.

All your fellow actors congratulated one other.

“Hae Mil-shi; well done! I hope you’re going to be very successful after your debut.” said Seung Gi, hugging you.

During the filming, you had become close friends with Seung Gi, and you couldn’t help but observe how uncomfortable Leeteuk seemed whenever Seung Gi hugged you, or even talk to you, as if Leeteuk wished that he was in Seung Gi’s place.

“Kasahamnida. You worked very hard too! It was awesome working with you.” you replied happily. “Hopefully, we’ll work together again sometime soon!”

“Well, see you at the premiere.” he said, before going to congratulate other actors.

After being overwhelmed by the compliments, you stood there, quite awkwardly. The only one who hadn’t come up to say something was Leeteuk, and that pierced your pride.

As you stood tangled in your thoughts, a voice spoke; the voice that you’d been praying to hear.

“Hae Mil-shi?”

You looked up, plastering a big smile on your face, before immediately trying to hide it.

He chuckled, the way you liked it most.

With a faint-worthy smile, he plucked up the courage to hug you.

“Congratulations Hae Mil!” he said cheerfully.

“Kasahamnida! You did really well too!” you replied, equally as happy.

You and Leeteuk remained in an embrace from quite some time, which sparked interest from fellow actors, but you didn’t care, nor did he. You stood there, arms wrapped around him, chin resting on his shoulder, relishing his warmth. Your heart felt like it was working overtime, and hastened.

But you didn’t care, hoping that he could hear your heartbeat against his. You were pleased to find that his heart was also beating crazily, which gradually slowed down to match your pace. Only when you broke apart, did you find the entire room empty.

You silently thanked everyone, and grasped the chance to confess.

With the room so silent, you coughed awkwardly to take hold of his attention.

“Um...Leeteuk?” you started.

“Yes, Hae Mil-shi?” he replied curiously.

“I have something to tell you...” you said.


[Leeteuk's POV]

When she told me that she had something to tell me, I immediately started to worry. I recollected my calm composure, and replied.

“So do I.”

She looked shocked, yet eager to find out.

“You go first.” she urged.

I couldn’t say no, I just couldn’t. And so, I agreed to confess.


Leeteuk inhaled a slow intake of breath, before speaking.

“I think I love you.”

You choked on the air, coughing and spluttering.

“What?” you said, in shock, gulping the air down.

“I’m sorry, did I surprise you?” he asked, worried. “Let’s sit down and talk.”

Leeteuk lead you by the hand, and sat you down on the floor before sitting down himself.

“No, no. I’m fine.” you said. “It’s just that...I thought I was the only one who felt like that.”

“Wait...you feel the same way as I do?” Leeteuk asked, in disbelief.  “I thought you were ignoring me because you didn’t like me. I thought you like Seung Gi-shi.”

“No.” you laughed. “You got it all wrong. I was ignoring you because I was afraid you were going to smile at me, which would make me fall in love with you even more.”

“Oh.”

“And Seung Gi-shi is like a brother to me.”

“Oh.” Leeteuk repeated. It was all he could manage to say right now.

“Well, yes. Um...I think my manager’s waiting for me at the moment.” you said, gesturing at the door.

“Um...yes, well, um, bye.” he replied.

You stood up, and started to walk towards to door.

“See you at the premiere!” you waved.

He waved back, and said something you couldn’t hear.


[Leeteuk's POV]

“I love you...”

I uttered those words, but she couldn’t hear me. She was already too far away.


As the days drew closer to the premiere, you felt excited yet nervous. You hoped that you would be successful. But not only that, you hoped your relationship with Leeteuk was still in pristine condition.

Your stomach tied itself into knots once again, as the days passed.

I think I love him...


Finally, the day came: the day where your talent would be unleashed into the world. 

Your manager barged into your room, holding two bags, with twinkling eyes.

“Hae Mil...it’s time.” he announced.

“Yeah I know...wait a second, let me get changed.” you said, jumping up from your bed. You walked to your wardrobe, and picked out a pair of jeans and a t-shirt.

He laughed.

“No you silly!” he said, amused. “You’re supposed to wear this.”

He handed over the two bags, which you discovered later, held a plain but beautiful satin blue dress and a pair of intricately designed diamante-studded high heels.

You burst out laughing.

“Are you serious? You know I dislike wearing dresses.” you said.

“I know, I know.” he replied. “But rules are rules. Ok, I’ll wait until you get changed, then we have to go.”

You slipped into the dress; it was a perfect fit. You twirled around infront of the mirror like a little kid and laughed. Then, you placed your feet into the high heels, and admired the glimmering effects of the diamantes. You stood up, smiled to yourself and opened the door.

“Manager oppa! I’m done. We can go now.” you said.

“Not so fast. You need make-up too!” he shouted from the living room.

You walked to the living room, only to find another woman holding a box of makeup. She sat you down, and professionally applied all the make-up on. Once you had finished, you looked absolutely amazing.

“Wow.” she said, standing back to admire her work. “You have natural beauty!”

You stammered a thank you, and bid her goodbye, before leaving the dorm with your manager.


You arrived at the theatre in a limousine, driven by a chauffeur in black. The doorman opened the door for you, and escorted you out, to which you thanked him. Lights and camera flashes stung your eyes, and loud chattering assaulted your ears, but you happily waved to the spectators, whilst walking down the red carpet, and into the cinema.

There, Leeteuk was waiting. As soon as he saw you, a look of amazement invaded his face. Dressed in a white suit, he looked stunning. You forgot to breathe.

“L-L-Leeteuk...” you stammered. “You look very nice tonight...”

He smiled brightly, recovering from his amazement and replied.

“Call me oppa." he said. "And thank you, but you're the extremely beautiful one here.”

You blushed at his compliment, and thanked him profusely.

He held out his hand, and smiled.

“Why don’t we go inside?”

You agreed, and took his hand. However, he instead led you to a lonely corridor.

“Hae Mil?” he asked, your hand.

“Yes oppa?” you replied, looking into his eyes.

“Um...” he started, in an awkward tone.

“What is it?” you said, slightly concerned.

“Well, what happens to us now?” he said softly.

“What do you mean?” you replied, confused.

“Um...well...what I mean is...would you, erm, like to be my, erm, girlfriend?” he said, stumbling over the last word.

He was staring sincerely into your eyes.

You couldn’t speak, and you decided you shouldn’t. You would respond by doing something else...

Placing his hand onto your heart, you went onto your tippy-toes, and inched closer and closer to his lips. When they touched, your heartbeat quickened. Leeteuk responded, kissing you back.

When you broke apart, you whispered.

“Do you still want an answer?”

He shook his head, and slowly moved his head until his lips met yours.


Once again, you and Leeteuk broke apart.

“We have to get back to the premiere now, or everyone will wonder where we went.” he said.

He took your hand, and made a move to advance into the reception area. You hesitated.

“Oppa...what if people see us together?” you asked, worried.

“I don’t care.” he replied.

“Why?” you asked.

“Because I love you.” he replied, and lovingly kissed you on the forehead.

It was at the point, you realised that you had truly found what you had been looking for.


DID YOU LIKE IT? ^^

I hope you did :D

Comment, and subscribe for more oneshots (:

And please tell me if there's any grammar/spelling errors, and if you have any criticism (:

Thanks for reading~

Peace&Love;

Meggg (: